Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2013, 08:33 PM #1
ilikegunz

Paypal question

Can't find this info anywhere. But here'es the thing. I made an account a while ago. I made a $500 transaction months ago and it worked however, I had NEVER linked my bank account number for my checking account to my paypal account. But I remember linking my debit card to the account. When I made the purchase, my "paypal" balance said $0.00. But after I charged it to my card, I obviously could not withdraw it from the "paypal" balance which was $0.00, otherwise I would have negative $500 dollars at that point, which would be impossible. So I am thinking that when I saw the $500 charge on my checking account statement, it was taken DIRECTLY from my checking account, rather thatn from a preexistig balance in my paypal account. Does this sound right (I am about to buy a gun).

Do I need to add my bank account to the paypal account, which would call for me to end up waiting days for the money to transfer from my checking account to transfer into my paypal account? Or can I just, whenever I want, just use the link to my debit card that I had linked to my paypal account? (in which cases, at all times, my account balance for paypal would say "0.00", but it would charge my debit card instead, rather than the "account balance" in my paypal account?

Please I am very confused about this and no one anywhere else will answer this on other internet forums. It is getting very confusing

"Please keep your arms and legs inside the field at all times. Failure to cooperate with these instructions may result in injury,death, or worse, ejection from the field."
ilikegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2013, 09:31 PM #2
AlienBoy

Link your paypal to your bank account.

They will make a deposit into your checking or savings account of like a 0.01 and then you got to go onto paypal and enter that amount then it's setup and basically when you sell on ebay it goes to paypal then you can send that money to your bank account, or you can transfer money from your bank to paypal. It doesn't work without linking a bank account. It will say not verified, to be verified you need to link the bank account accurately that's why paypal is secure is because they verify every bit of information.
AlienBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:39 PM #3
timoreliber
"Fear Free"

Annual Supporting Member
timoreliber has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
timoreliber has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
timoreliber has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
timoreliber has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBoy View Post
Link your paypal to your bank account.

They will make a deposit into your checking or savings account of like a 0.01 and then you got to go onto paypal and enter that amount then it's setup and basically when you sell on ebay it goes to paypal then you can send that money to your bank account, or you can transfer money from your bank to paypal. It doesn't work without linking a bank account. It will say not verified, to be verified you need to link the bank account accurately that's why paypal is secure is because they verify every bit of information.
timoreliber is offline   Reply With Quote