Simon is a founding member
Simon works for a Paintball manufacturer
Simon is playing at Living Legends VII
Simon supports Team VICIOUS
Inception Designs "Pico" 100 round force feed body shell system

Hello everyone!

The first thing I am doing with my new start up company, Inception Designs, is giving something to the community that people have wanted for a long time. Yes giving.

I am providing the files, as open source, on my website, a link can be found on www.inceptiondesigns.com which will take you to the area of my forums where you can download the files to rapid prototype the body shells, battery door and rip drive knob.

It's the ability to have a 100 round force feed hopper.

I am asking that you download them from my site so we can get a genuine interest in the concept (of open source and small force feed loaders) and that if you make them you leave my logo on the sides

If the community really does want this and the response is good then maybe we will go further in the future to make it a kick starter project and have production units made.

Until then, and so this isn't put away and held on the back burner I am giving the files out so that anyone can make them for themselves. I will have prototypes with me at Living Legends 6 this weekend for everyone to check out.

Here's the video explaining what I am doing....

Here's the link to my forums where the files are...

http://simonized.com/showthread.php?...y-shell-system
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 PM #2
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Simon is a Mega Moderator
And here are pictures of how the shells look...

They take the standard guts from any Halo or Empire B type loader, including Invert Halo Too and the Empire Scion. They take standard lids and speed feeds also

Quick change battery door as standard.

You can set them up with and without the clutch system from a magna, with a direct drive from the Scion or a spring loaded drive from a Halo or Empire B.

The beauty of using a spring loaded system is that you can feed 15-20 balls (depending on your gun) just by winding up the rip drive knob. You don't need batteries!

Here's a video comparing the Shell system with other more familiar body shells.

Last edited by Simon : 05-21-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM #3
Kyle @ Ph Pirates
shop.phpirates.com

Kyle @ Ph Pirates is playing at Living Legends VI
Kyle @ Ph Pirates owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kyle @ Ph Pirates owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

What's your new YouTube channel name so I can be up to date with your amazing work?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 PM #4
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends III
7paintball supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
And here are pictures of how the shells look...

They take the standard guts from any Halo or Empire B type loader, including Invert Halo Too and the Empire Scion. They take standard lids and speed feeds also

Quick change battery door as standard.

You can set them up with and without the clutch system from a magna, with a direct drive from the Scion or a spring loaded drive from a Halo or Empire B.

The beauty of using a spring loaded system is that you can feed 15-20 balls (depending on your gun) just by winding up the rip drive knob. You don't need batteries!
This is amazing!
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 PM #5
Rjutras15
fortune teller

Rjutras15 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Rjutras15 plays in the PSP
Rjutras15 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Rjutras15 donated to help Peyton Trent
This is too cool.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 PM #6
spankyspankworth
R.I.P. Taylor

Annual Supporting Member
spankyspankworth supports Team VICIOUS
if it's super light weight, then that's what matters. otherwise i'll keep using my sport shot 100 rnd w/ and exalt feed.

ugly as sin, but if it's light weight...it's a winner.

sure looks tall too.
spankyspankworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:06 PM #7
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 PM #8
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Outstanding
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:08 PM #9
Kyle @ Ph Pirates
shop.phpirates.com

Kyle @ Ph Pirates is playing at Living Legends VI
Kyle @ Ph Pirates owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Kyle @ Ph Pirates owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankyspankworth View Post
if it's super light weight, then that's what matters. otherwise i'll keep using my sport shot 100 rnd w/ and exalt feed.

ugly as sin, but if it's light weight...it's a winner.

sure looks tall too.
Agreed on the tall ness
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM #10
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
It's taller than I would have liked but that's mainly because it is using the standard catch cup right out of a Halo B. That dictates the height. The top of it is however much lower than a normal Halo B would be. I relocated the boards to under the catch cup and reduced the size down as far as possible so it holds 100 paintballs.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 PM #11
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

Simon, these meant to be printed?

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 PM #12
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Here's a picture inside the shell

You can see the top area that holds the balls is about 1/3 of the space and then the bottom area that takes the drive system, board and battery takes 2/3 of the space!

The only way to make it lower would be to make it all new and then the cost of the tooling makes the project 5 times as expensive and even less likely to make the investment back in a niche market.

I'd love to have done it that way, but I can't afford to take that much of a risk with the capital I have.

I wanted a small force feed that everyone could get and so designed up the most effective way I could to make it happen for everyone. When I did the calculations to put this into production it seemed far riskier than other projects I am working on.

With most companies, and certainly most large ones, that would have meant this would never have seen the light of day. It would have been put away and forgotten about.

I decided to do something different, and since it was too risky to put this project before others I am working on, I decided to give the files away and see what the community does with it.

I'd love to build an open source community that makes and can be rewarded for doing cool stuff like this and that fills niche product needs. Maybe doing this is a way to kick that kind of thing into existence. If we achieve that it would be a pretty awesome day I think.

Now I am soo tired, it's been a long week, and I am off to Living Legends 6 tomorrow. I hope to see many of you there!

Simon
Old 05-16-2013, 09:28 PM #13
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
Simon, these meant to be printed?
That's the plan. I used SLS and there may need to be tweaks made to get the best results for printing, but none of that should be too hard now that we are this far
Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 PM #14
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

sweet. I haven't downloaded the files, but what's the overall dimensions?

I wanna see if I can sway the guys 'owning' the school's printer to do this for me.. and if it'll fit. lol.

WTB cocker pneus, slider & Karni FB

Jack Wood:
And I think that if you think something is bull****, you have every right to say you think it is. Just because bull**** is the norm doesn't mean it stinks any less.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 PM #15
MachineGunCrew
Never Say Die

MachineGunCrew plays in the PSP
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
MachineGunCrew is Legendary
MachineGunCrew supports DLX Technology
MachineGunCrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
this is awesome. I don't play pump but would still use this hopper.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:30 PM #16
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends III
7paintball supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post

That's the plan. I used SLS and there may need to be tweaks made to get the best results for printing, but none of that should be too hard now that we are this far
Will have to make some of these for sure.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 PM #17
killer_ghost
Bafinity Options!

This looks really cool. I love the idea of open source projects.
Houston Heat Fan #15
killer_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:37 PM #18
xDarkk
Cool enough

xDarkk plays in the APPA D5 division
xDarkk has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
xDarkk has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I like it! Would buy
xDarkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 PM #19
1dayteam120

Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
I loved everybit of this until I realized you were suppose to put a halo internals inside it
2 Cyborg 6s, Vanquish 1.5, Ego11, Protégé FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post84973761
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM #20
Ringwraith

Simon..Love the idea....you are right on target that pump players could use a force feed hopper. BBBUUUTTTT......LOL..always the BUT....I think this product misses the mark. If pump players wanted to use tall big target hoppers, we'd just stick with our Rotors, etc. because for the same profile, 160 rounds is better than 100 rounds just to chop off the nose of the shell. This is why the winchester 50 round hoppers are so popular. As a 20 year+ pump player I'll throw in my 2 cents....

1) The force feed concept for pump players is desired not for pure shot speed like a HALO, ROTOR, SPIRE, etc is for a mechanical semi or electro marker. The real desire is for a CONSISTENT feed to always have a shot. Nothing sucks more than having to shake and bake to get a round to drop...or worse, NOT have a paintball chamber and shoot blanks. This may allow for a less sophisticated mechanism that could yield a much smaller hopper. Heck, the rip drive mechanism alone on a winchester sized hopper could be wonderful!

2) Lower frontal profile (i.e. not tall) is far more desireable than a taller hopper. Maybe cutting the height of the shell but leaving its length would provide a better solution. Maybe something where 2/3 of the top of the shell is a speed feed with teeth so that rather than dumping a 50 round pod in hole which requires height to disperse the balls, an oblong "dump track" would disburse the paintballs by moving the pod along the larger opening.

3) Lower feed neck heights. With a smaller lower profile hopper shell, less feedneck is need to secure hopper to marker as there is less torque and torsion to cause it to fling off, I think a unique innovation would be a form of RECESSED feedneck in which the non-paintball space of the shell, motor, batteries, etc. could be under the nose of the hopper or directly behind the feedneck, maybe sorta incorporating the marker feedneck INTO the shell rather that plopped on top of it as all hoppers currently are.

4) A power source that is much smaller than 9v or AA batteries. Since feed speed is not near the 30 bps of a Rotor/Spire/Prophecy etc...maybe something using a single AAA or even some of the Lithium camera batteries would save weight and make a tiny package.

5) Not a hopper suggestion, ...BUT....how about a barrel kit or barrel backs usable with other barrel tips..that has a clear window in the breech? As most all pump markers are closed bolt, its always a PITA when you have a ball chambered, run and slide somewhere and puff air at people because your ball rolled out and you didn't know. If you had a window in the breech of the barrel back, om most markers you could see the ball in there and know you have one in the pipe...just a thought.
Black FEP Quest - with all ups! Red/Black DP Threshold, Black & Red DP threshold both L7 bolts one with APE and one 7th element boards, Original Diablo Matrix - yes pre-DM3 and black,Pump, Black acid Phantom VSC,Slate Phantom VSC, CCM S6 1 of 4 Camo. red Black fade Freelow Lotus pump, Camo SM-1 Pump, Red/Black AIM Cocker, Grey Fade Dye Ultralight Cocker, Grey CMM J2 Cocker, Black Chrome Spanky Cobra Cocker, Red/Black DP F-7, Red/Back ANS GX-5 pump and matching mechanical cockers, Ego 9 1/12 limited edition Tribal Flame, Automag RT w. Z grip and now Red/Grey/Black Zodiac Zr-1

Last edited by Ringwraith : 05-16-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Ringwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:01 PM #21
Simon
INCEPTION

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
Simon..Love the idea....you are right on target that pump players could use a force feed hopper. BBBUUUTTTT......LOL..always the BUT....I think this product misses the mark. If pump players wanted to use tall big target hoppers, we'd just stick with our Rotors, etc. because for the same profile, 160 rounds is better than 100 rounds just to chop off the nose of the shell. This is why the winchester 50 round hoppers are so popular. As a 20 year+ pump player I'll throw in my 2 cents....

1) The force feed concept for pump players is desired not for pure shot speed like a HALO, ROTOR, SPIRE, etc is for a mechanical semi or electro marker. The real desire is for a CONSISTENT feed to always have a shot. Nothing sucks more than having to shake and bake to get a round to drop...or worse, NOT have a paintball chamber and shoot blanks. This may allow for a less sophisticated mechanism that could yield a much smaller hopper. Heck, the rip drive mechanism alone on a winchester sized hopper could be wonderful!

2) Lower frontal profile (i.e. not tall) is far more desireable than a taller hopper. Maybe cutting the height of the shell but leaving its length would provide a better solution. Maybe something where 2/3 of the top of the shell is a speed feed with teeth so that rather than dumping a 50 round pod in hole which requires height to disperse the balls, an oblong "dump track" would disburse the paintballs by moving the pod along the larger opening.

3) Lower feed neck heights. With a smaller lower profile hopper shell, less feedneck is need to secure hopper to marker as there is less torque and torsion to cause it to fling off, I think a unique innovation would be a form of RECESSED feedneck in which the non-paintball space of the shell, motor, batteries, etc. could be under the nose of the hopper or directly behind the feedneck.

4) A power source that is much smaller than 9v or AA batteries. Since feed speed is not near the 30 bps of a Rotor/Spire/Prophecy etc...maybe something using a single AAA or even some of the Lithium camera batteries would save weight and make a tiny package.
All of this is possible. If you want to outlay $200,000-$250,000 in tooling and pay $170 a unit. If you want to fund that, I will make it happen.

The trouble is finding a solution for a niche market like pump play where people want something small and specialized but also want it for the same price as a sport shot. That's why it simply hasn't ever happened.

This was the closest I could get for the lowest outlay. It may not be the final solution but it may be a step in the right direction.

You are not going to get an agitated or force feed loader the same size as a winchester hopper or even close to it. The drive, board and batteries end up taking more space than the paintballs do

BTW, I've been playing pump for 21 years now