IonFreak111 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
IonFreak111 supports Team VICIOUS
IonFreak111 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IonFreak111 is Legendary
IonFreak111 supports DLX Technology
IonFreak111 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ndark View Post
the point was that you already lucky enough to be born in US and if it is/was your dream to bececome a pro player you shouldn't give it up becous '' things never seemed to fall into place ' for you. There are tons of players who lives abrod that will never have this chance but if they move to US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispydct View Post
paintball is big in the US and unlike other countries, we have a lot of money backing it. although it doesn't seem like much, we pay a lot less than other countries do
Oh, okay. I get what he meant now.

While I do agree that paintball in general is less expensive in the United States than it is in other countries, that doesn't mean that anyone who wants to play, especially at the professional level, can just go for and achieve that dream. There are a lot of factors that play into that dream, and for me, they never played into it in the way that they would have had to.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, nor do I feel offended, but it's not a black and white situation, especially not in my case. I have no intentions of going into too much detail in this thread, but let's just say that money and location were the main two problems that were, and still would be getting in the way.

Does that mean I'm not upset that I chose to quit? No, not at all; I'm missing the sport a lot lately. Does that mean that I won't get back into it somewhere down the road? Again, not at all. Once I've gotten my financial problems resolved once and for all, and once (if) I ever get to move out of New York, it will be a lot easier for me to try and climb the paintball ladder.
IonFreak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 AM #548
chrispydct
SLO AZN

Annual Supporting Member
chrispydct plays in the PSP
chrispydct supports Cereal Killerz 2
chrispydct owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
chrispydct plays in the APPA D3 division
chrispydct is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yea. Its still expensive here in the States. I can't imagine what its like in other countries

I might get to play tomorrow if they release the damn layout for PSP!
chrispydct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:07 AM #549
m4ndark
whats up, gringos?

m4ndark owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
m4ndark supports Team VICIOUS
m4ndark has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Down here guns are like 2.5x the price, same thing for loaders and tanks ( brand new is almost 300$ ). Usually a case of field grade paint is 50-55$, field fees goes around 20$ and we only have like 5 speedball fields in our whole country wich only 1 or 2 are xball and are hardly PSP field sized. Last year me and my teammate had to travel 300miles every sunday in order to practise with the rest of the team from that other city. Speedball scene really a small group, very diferent from scenario where there are tons of players.

SPG - SNAKE PLAYERS GANG
GEO OWNERS CLUB
WORLD BALLERS
ROTOR MAFIA
m4ndark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:17 AM #550
IonFreak111
d(◣_◢)b

Annual Supporting Member
IonFreak111 is Legendary
Quote:
I might get to play tomorrow if they release the damn layout for PSP!
Nice!

Quote:
Down here guns are like 2.5x the price, same thing for loaders and tanks ( brand new is almost 300$ ). Usually a case of field grade paint is 50-55$, field fees goes around 20$ and we only have like 5 speedball fields in our whole country wich only 1 or 2 are xball and are hardly PSP field sized. Last year me and my teammate had to travel 300miles every sunday in order to practise with the rest of the team from that other city. Speedball scene really a small group, very diferent from scenario where there are tons of players.
While it is unfortunate, that's just how it is. Paintball is a much bigger sport here in the US than it is in other countries, and because of that, prices can be lower, more fields can be opened, and more tournaments can be held. That doesn't mean that it's going to be easy for anyone and everyone to get into and stay involved with the sport though, because there are a number of factors that have to be considered.

Take my situation as an example. For me, money has always been a problem. Between not being able to find a job that pays decently, having a stack of bills to pay each month, and not living in a location that's prime for Paintball, I was always struggling to get out onto the field. Sure, it might be easier for me than it is for someone who lives in another country, but that still doesn't mean that it's easy...

When you combine those facts with never being able to find and play for a team that consisted of players whom I got along with, it makes things even more difficult, and in a way, started to take the fun out of the sport, or at least, it did for me. It was the combination of everything that eventually lead to my leaving the sport for good a couple of years back, but now, I wish that I had stuck it out for a bit longer. Maybe things would have worked out.

Regardless, as of now, as much as I'd like to, I'm in no position to get back into Paintball. It's definitely on my mind, and it's something that I plan to do once I'm able to, and getting back here onto PbNation is just one way that I can ease myself back into it. After all, there's a lot of things that have changed in the past couple of years that I need to catch up on!

I'm actually thinking about seeing if I can sell and/or trade some things that I don't need or want anymore, to see if I can at least get myself a decent gun. I've got an old tank that doesn't work anymore (it leaks really badly), but at least then I could run some basic drills that didn't involve shooting the marker.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:36 PM #551
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
Quote:
Not going to lie I would stop playing if I had to do that.

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM #552
IonFreak111
d(◣_◢)b

Annual Supporting Member
IonFreak111 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomahsib View Post
Not going to lie I would stop playing if I had to do that.
I have to agree. Even if I could afford to do so, that's a long way to travel for one day of play, especially if it's 300 miles there, and another 300 miles back. I admire your dedication to the sport and all, but dayum!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:23 PM #553
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is Boss
Yeah..that's like $70 to play, $140 for gas, and then $ for food. Way too much. That's close to a week's worth of pay for me haha...

Old 07-30-2013, 06:31 PM #554
IonFreak111
d(◣_◢)b

Annual Supporting Member
IonFreak111 is Legendary
Quote:
Yeah..that's like $70 to play, $140 for gas, and then $ for food. Way too much. That's close to a week's worth of pay for me haha...
Yeah, that's outrageous. Definitely.

Ugh. I wish I still had some gear, that way I could at least run drills and what not in the yard, just so at least be somewhat involved with the sport. Unfortunately, I don't have cash; trades or credit cards, lol. This blows.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:49 PM #555
m4ndark
whats up, gringos?

thats why paintball is like an elite sport down here, especially who plays speedball when you shoot tons of paint, scenario still kinda cheap. Yeah now we have this new field in my town, but for sure it was pain in the *** travelling every weekend. i normaly shot 1 case per weekend + field fee its someting near 70$. Wich goes $280 every month. When we had to travel it was anoter 50$ in gas since we used to share the bills + 10-20$ in food per weekend. Thanks guys, i really love this sport, and how we say down here, you have to be like superhero or something in order to play tournament paintball and afford all the expenses

SPG - SNAKE PLAYERS GANG
GEO OWNERS CLUB
WORLD BALLERS
ROTOR MAFIA

Last edited by m4ndark : 07-30-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM #556
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is Boss
For real though

Old 07-31-2013, 01:05 AM #557
chrispydct
SLO AZN

Annual Supporting Member
that ish cray cray. i would blow out my mind if it cost that much.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:02 PM #558
m4ndark
whats up, gringos?

i actually started working just so i could aford paintball

SPG - SNAKE PLAYERS GANG
GEO OWNERS CLUB
WORLD BALLERS
ROTOR MAFIA
Old 07-31-2013, 03:30 PM #559
chrispydct
SLO AZN

Annual Supporting Member
very nice

so what do we all think of the PSP Riverside layout?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM #560
IonFreak111
d(◣_◢)b

Annual Supporting Member
IonFreak111 is Legendary
Quote:
so what do we all think of the PSP Riverside layout?
I think it's awesome. Then again, I haven't played in so long, I'd think any layout was awesome.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:41 PM #561
chrispydct
SLO AZN

Annual Supporting Member
i can't wait to try it out on Saturday
Old 07-31-2013, 05:51 PM #562
IonFreak111
d(◣_◢)b

Annual Supporting Member
IonFreak111 is Legendary
Quote:
i can't wait to try it out on Saturday
I'm jealous. Good luck!

So, I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think that maybe I should try and get a decent marker, tank and loader, as well as a pair of decent pants and a pack. That way, I can at least run different drills that don't require you to actually be on the field.

Ryan Greenspan has a channel on YouTube with a lot of great tips and drills that you can run in your own backyard, such as sliding and diving, building muscle memory, and more, and there are a ton of others as well from different channels. All of these drills build and hone skills, as well as athleticism, and would be able to give me at least some involvement with the sport, and help me to be ready for when I finally can play again.

Initially I thought about getting a really crappy setup, maybe even broken stuff, just to be able to run those drills, but then I remembered how I used to do a snapshooting drill here in my house using reballs. I'd like to be able to do that again, but I'd obviously need a working gun, tank and loader.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:56 PM #563
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is Boss
Layout looks interesting. Not sure what to think of it tbh.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 PM #564
IonFreak111
d(◣_◢)b

Annual Supporting Member
IonFreak111 is Legendary
Quote:
Layout looks interesting. Not sure what to think of it tbh.
You think it's sexy.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 AM #565
m4ndark
whats up, gringos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFreak111 View Post
I'm jealous. Good luck!

So, I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think that maybe I should try and get a decent marker, tank and loader, as well as a pair of decent pants and a pack. That way, I can at least run different drills that don't require you to actually be on the field.

Ryan Greenspan has a channel on YouTube with a lot of great tips and drills that you can run in your own backyard, such as sliding and diving, building muscle memory, and more, and there are a ton of others as well from different channels. All of these drills build and hone skills, as well as athleticism, and would be able to give me at least some involvement with the sport, and help me to be ready for when I finally can play again.

Initially I thought about getting a really crappy setup, maybe even broken stuff, just to be able to run those drills, but then I remembered how I used to do a snapshooting drill here in my house using reballs. I'd like to be able to do that again, but I'd obviously need a working gun, tank and loader.
Best bang for the pocket i think it can be Etek/Reflex/Axe if you are looking to buy brand new, ive shot all of them and they really feels nice for an entry marker. Idk the prices in the US but iam pretty sure you can fiend some old Egos and DM's for mad cheap, id take a look into 08 ones. You can find old velocity and halo's and hydro'ed tanks for cheap too, you're going to have a working setup for not that expensive and of corse you already can use it to play at the field and not just be at home doing drills.

SPG - SNAKE PLAYERS GANG
GEO OWNERS CLUB
WORLD BALLERS
ROTOR MAFIA

Last edited by m4ndark : 08-01-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:45 AM #566
IonFreak111
d(◣_◢)b

Annual Supporting Member
IonFreak111 is Legendary
Quote:
Best bang for the pocket i think it can be Etek/Reflex/Axe if you are looking to buy brand new, ive shot all of them and they really feels nice for an entry marker. Idk the prices in the US but iam pretty sure you can fiend some old Egos and DM's for mad cheap, id take a look into 08 ones. You can find old velocity and halo's and hydro'ed tanks for cheap too, you're going to have a working setup for not that expensive and of corse you already can use it to play at the field and not just be at home doing drills.
I know you weren't here when I was active, but I've been around the sport for years, and I've shot quite a few different guns, including many and EGO. I've shot and owned the EGO 5, 6, 8, 9, and 11.

Right now I'm thinking about a used EGO 11, but I've also been looking at the GEO 2.1; it looks nice. The efficiency is what bothers me about the GEO line though; they don't get as many shots per tank fill as an EGO will, and although it doesn't matter when I'm at the field, it matters when I'm here at home; I need as many shots per fill as I can get for practicing my snapshooting with reballs here at the house, because I don't have steady access to the scuba shop that I get it filled at.

I've found some decently priced EGO 11 here on the Nation, and also some GEO 2.1 as well, although there are far more GEO 3 floating around. They're a bit more than I want to spend though, because I need a tank, loader, pants and pack too.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:12 PM #567
m4ndark
whats up, gringos?

Sure i wasnt here when you was active, but i was just saying about those options becouse i tought you were running short but since you want to buy a ego 11 or geo 2.1 you looks like you know what you're doing hehe. I own a VGeo 2 and it is the **** dude, absolutely love it Yeah but effienciency really bothers me, i had to buy a bigger pack becouse i started playing back this year, but then i had to buy a larger tank since i was running our of air. Next year my team should have PE sponsor pack and ill maybe get the Ego instead of Geo, even tho i love them

SPG - SNAKE PLAYERS GANG
GEO OWNERS CLUB
WORLD BALLERS
ROTOR MAFIA