Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 12:36 AM #274
frodoboy
**813**
 
frodoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
frodoboy is a Supporting Member
frodoboy plays in the PSP
frodoboy is an NCPA National Champion
frodoboy plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkrking789563 View Post
BRO DO YOU EVEN HOIST WEIGHTS?!?!?! lol but seriously why would you be listening to some randoms on the sideline anyways? Shouldn't be relying on someone on the sideline to tell you everything, that's why you have four other teammates on the field with you.
It makes it a little harder to do that with countercoaching regardless...
__________________
TB Damage Fan Club #100
Pbnation Feedback
STATIC
UCF KNIGHTS
frodoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2013, 11:13 AM #275
st8balla1337
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: deadbox
if counter coaching isnt allowed in psp i will never go to another psp event ever again
__________________
Quitters Never Lose
Just Enough Fela
R.I.P
st8balla1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 AM #276
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by st8balla1337 View Post
if counter coaching isnt allowed in psp i will never go to another psp event ever again
It's a part of the sport lol. I don't see it going away anytime soon
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:19 AM #277
st8balla1337
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: deadbox
Good.
__________________
Quitters Never Lose
Just Enough Fela
R.I.P
st8balla1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:31 AM #278
paintballedge06
 
 
paintballedge06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Trenton oh
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballedge06 plays in the PSP
paintballedge06 is an NCPA player
paintballedge06 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by st8balla1337 View Post
if counter coaching isnt allowed in psp i will never go to another psp event ever again
I'm sure the psp will base it's decision on you :-) haha
paintballedge06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:38 AM #279
jhndrtxn
 
 
jhndrtxn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fort Eustis
jhndrtxn plays in the APPA D4 division
jhndrtxn has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
__________________
Dangerous Power G3 Ape Oled board, Techt-T Engine, CP v2 reg.

For sale thread>>
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3960310
jhndrtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 PM #280
thevoiceinurhd
 
 
thevoiceinurhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CNY
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianempire View Post
If theres coaching then Counter Coaching should be allowed. But I think they should take out coaching all together when the buzzer buzzs. We all saw how badass RL was then they took out some coaching and BOOM THEY SUCK! You couldve never of played paintball and have someone say shoot left and there you go 3 kills. I'm not saying coaching makes you good at running and gunning or anything but if someone tells me to shoot left and I do then it wasnt my skill WHATSOEVER because all i did was sit there with my thumb up my *** and wait for someone to enter the commands.
Yes. Legion sucks because they took out d-side coaching. Not because they lost Fedorov, and J-Rab, and Mishka, and Sergei.
__________________
Stomping Ground
thevoiceinurhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:11 PM #281
njpballer3
White Tee GANG
 
njpballer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Jerz
Annual Supporting Member
njpballer3 is BST Legit
njpballer3 plays in the USPL
njpballer3 plays in the PSP
njpballer3 is an NCPA player
njpballer3 plays in the APPA D3 division
njpballer3 is Legendary
This is really funny and amusing watching this video considering I know and have played with both kids counter coaching and play for the team that had the counter coaches. we asked for all the help on the side lines for that match.....however we did not ask for them to counter coach. It is apart of the game no matter what division it is. We still played the match and all shook hands after the match. It was and will always be a good match against the CFP guys. Counter coaching is going to happen but it's the players jobs to ignore it and play paintball. This thread does really crack me up though lmao!
__________________
CLUTCH is back!
PLAYGROUND ARMY D4X
RAZA GI VALKEN PLAYGROUND


Support the new league PGPL! BEST prizes around and BEST field around!
njpballer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:11 PM #282
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by njpballer3 View Post
This is really funny and amusing watching this video considering I know and have played with both kids counter coaching and play for the team that had the counter coaches. we asked for all the help on the side lines for that match.....however we did not ask for them to counter coach. It is apart of the game no matter what division it is. We still played the match and all shook hands after the match. It was and will always be a good match against the CFP guys. Counter coaching is going to happen but it's the players jobs to ignore it and play paintball. This thread does really crack me up though lmao!
I couldn't agree more
__________________
2656 Porter Road
Bear, Delaware
19701
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 PM #283
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.
 
ColoradoFuel5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by billythekid1907 View Post
Believe me I'm picking up what you're putting down. But some of the guys on the D4 squad haven't quite figured that out yet. As for me well I can hardly here my coaches half the time. But I still do ok I guess... I don't know ill just let my resume speak for its self.

Resume indeed speaks for itself. I appologize if i was a dick, although kinda intended too, i realized you understood my point also. In my eyes, the PSP would be an amazing league/format if it wiped its hands of coaching altogether. I understand the original intent with the coaching, but like i stated it bread alot of little baby robots that could only run a mean 40, hold gun with right hand only and cant run a gun with their fingers passed 10 bps. To me and growing up oldschool ish, coaching diminishes skill. It cuts those nasty run through shoot 3-4 guy run throughs and such, but then again that is just my opinion.

Let me run my gun on semi uncapped, no bounce, no ramp straight and true semi, anyone else can run 12.5 ramp if they want and with no coaching, with a race to format. That would be a league so many would love and would show so much more personal skill and team skill in my opinion.

That is all i was trying to get across.
__________________
Rev Match Designs Hydro Graphics Services
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3900961
Rev Match Designs Hydro Graphics/ Custom painting (Version II/updated thread)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4023444
ColoradoFuel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM #284
thepsycho768
 
 
thepsycho768's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: El Paso, TX
I think watching games would be better if they relied on themselves and each other for field awareness rather than use a person off the field to tell them where everyone is or when to move. I feel like it takes the teamwork dynamic out.
thepsycho768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:55 PM #285
p.lovell
Historically Slow
 
p.lovell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Annual Supporting Member
p.lovell plays in the PSP
p.lovell plays in the MiLP
p.lovell supports Team VICIOUS
p.lovell is an NCPA player
p.lovell is All In
Here's the problem with "taking out coaching alltogether" in the PSP; there's no way for them to enforce it, other than to call penalties every time a spectator yells onto the field. How are they to say that the person was actually trying to coach that team? What if the person "coaching" was actually trying to help the other team, by getting one team a penalty for coaching? It would be too difficult for the PSP to regulate spectator coaching, and so they allow it.


Personally, I don't mind either way. It's nice to have someone standing on the sideline telling me where everyone is and what I can do, but at the same time I don't find it necessary.
__________________
"Originally posted by Chief Sneekyfoot: You're not as dumb as you look."
p.lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM #286
CombatOi84
Raider Nation
 
CombatOi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chicago
 has been a member for 10 years
CombatOi84 plays in the PSP
CombatOi84 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by russianempire View Post
If theres coaching then Counter Coaching should be allowed. But I think they should take out coaching all together when the buzzer buzzs. We all saw how badass RL was then they took out some coaching and BOOM THEY SUCK! You couldve never of played paintball and have someone say shoot left and there you go 3 kills. I'm not saying coaching makes you good at running and gunning or anything but if someone tells me to shoot left and I do then it wasnt my skill WHATSOEVER because all i did was sit there with my thumb up my *** and wait for someone to enter the commands.
If it was as easy as shoot left, they there wouldn't be different division kiddo..... Can't tell you how many times I have been coaching d4 guys and told them exactly where someone was only to watch them miss by a mile.
__________________
Rolling *****s like SUP!
Paintball is become just a PC as the rest of the world. What has happened..
CombatOi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:08 PM #287
Porkfat
ducka ducka ducka
 
Porkfat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: florida panhandle
Porkfat supports Empire
Porkfat is All In
Porkfat is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeflip7 View Post
Counter coaching is great and is allowed in any sport ever invented besides like ****ing polo or some ****. Get over it. I couldn't believe how hyped Vicious got at the counter coaching at the NCPAs in 2012. Name a sport where crowd participation isn't negative at some times, and positive at other times.
curling
__________________
TRUST
Yellow Flex Bottoms
RIP Kraig V.
EKK ELITE
P.C.KATANA
Porkfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 PM #288
woah
Gun For Hire
 
woah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: kalamazoo mi
woah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
woah is for the Gunfight
woah supports DLX Technology
woah supports Empire
i sincerly hope counter coaching gets so bad and fights break out so they get rid of coaching alltogether
woah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:11 AM #289
Dyepaintball088
Tyler Collins
 
Dyepaintball088's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: B-Town/SRQ (941)
Dyepaintball088 plays in the PSP
Dyepaintball088 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by woah View Post
i sincerly hope counter coaching gets so bad and fights break out so they get rid of coaching alltogether
Apparently you've never been to an event before.
__________________
xStatic
Central Florida Paintball
On Hiatus
Dyepaintball088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 AM #290
woah
Gun For Hire
 
woah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: kalamazoo mi
woah owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
woah is for the Gunfight
woah supports DLX Technology
woah supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyepaintball088 View Post
Apparently you've never been to an event before.
nice assumption, but wrong.
i enjoyed nppl events so much more, trying to make a good move down the snake is a lot harder to be sneaky when ten people are constantly yelling out your position and where you're looking. psp isn't skill oriented like nppl was.
woah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:59 AM #291
ArchAngelIon
Based and Positive
 
ArchAngelIon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CASTLE SHIKIGAMI
ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation


Getting CC'd is a part of the sport. Although trashy, there's nothing technically against it. Threatening violence and fighting are much worse problems than some misinformation. CC em back, or get a regular coach who your player can recognize through his distinct voice.
__________________
I do not need assistance to rule this world,
Everything will grovel at my feet.

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 AM #292
spgunner
I shoot bad guys
 
spgunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Texas
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spgunner supports Team VICIOUS
spgunner is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
spgunner is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by woah View Post
nice assumption, but wrong.
i enjoyed nppl events so much more, trying to make a good move down the snake is a lot harder to be sneaky when ten people are constantly yelling out your position and where you're looking. psp isn't skill oriented like nppl was.
I think he means that fights have broken out due to counter coaching
__________________
"Originally posted by Shawn_Savage: This Is Why We Can't Have Guns. Here You Are Online Shooting Each Other To Death With Your Words."
Be careful, I have a glock, and I shoot sideways-Romel Doyle

spgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM #293
Alexxxx
Want your CHRONIC Jersey!
 
Alexxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Alexxxx plays in the APPA D4 division
Alexxxx has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Alexxxx is attending Decay of Nations VII
Alexxxx supports Empire
__________________
Want To Buy: your Chronic Jerseys!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post79557699
Alexxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 PM #294
ColoradoFuel5
Nick M.
 
ColoradoFuel5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOi84 View Post
If it was as easy as shoot left, they there wouldn't be different division kiddo..... Can't tell you how many times I have been coaching d4 guys and told them exactly where someone was only to watch them miss by a mile.
then they just suck. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.lovell View Post
Here's the problem with "taking out coaching alltogether" in the PSP; there's no way for them to enforce it, other than to call penalties every time a spectator yells onto the field. How are they to say that the person was actually trying to coach that team? What if the person "coaching" was actually trying to help the other team, by getting one team a penalty for coaching? It would be too difficult for the PSP to regulate spectator coaching, and so they allow it.


Personally, I don't mind either way. It's nice to have someone standing on the sideline telling me where everyone is and what I can do, but at the same time I don't find it necessary.
idk ask the NPPL how they used to do it. Its a big No No in those events, even so much as bird doggy people on the sidelines was watched for. People who tried **** like that at events were asked to leave and if not were escorted out. It is not impossible to enforce, the league would just actually have to enforce it.
__________________
Rev Match Designs Hydro Graphics Services
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3900961
Rev Match Designs Hydro Graphics/ Custom painting (Version II/updated thread)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4023444
ColoradoFuel5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump