West Coast Paintball Series
Presents: The 2013, 7-Man Woodsball Season
Event #2 St. Paul Showdown- Saturday, June 1st
Location: Sniperzden - St. Paul, OR
$280 if paid 14-30 days prior to the event; $320 if paid 3-14 days prior to the event. The entry fee covers up to 10 rostered players.
GI Sportz Paint:
Two grades $55- $60
The Format and General Rules:
As combat progresses, the battle field evolves. Those who rise up victorious are the teams who use strategy, speed, and flexibility in order to quickly adapt to the changing conditions.
• 3 Flag Base Objectives: Teams must develop a plan for capturing, holding, and reinforcing these bases.
• 20 Minute Games, 7-Man Teams: 100 points possible per game; At each 5 minute interval, one of the three flag base objectives will become a “Hot” base as predetermined randomly by the field refs before the start of the game. “Hot” bases will earn the team who has captured it, 3 points per minute. Meanwhile, the other flag base objective will be considered a “Cold” base and will subsequently earn the team who has captured it, 1 point per minute. The team that earns the most points will win that match.
• Players Will Have 2 lives Per Game: every player will begin a game with two arm bands. The first time a player is eliminated, the player must return back to their starting base and turn in one of the arm bands to the base ref. Once the arm band has been received by the start base ref, the player can immediately enter back into game play.
• Playing Field: each field will be roughly the size of a football field or larger and may utilize buildings, forts, natural structures, or any other structures common to woodsball. With consideration of the terrain, the following will apply: 1 flag base will be accessible 50/50 for both teams, 1 base will have a slight advantage for one team’s side and vice versa for the other remaining base.
• Firing Mode: semi or ramping capped at 15 bps. If your marker cannot be capped at 15 bps or under, you will need to use a gravity-fed hopper, or an approved hopper listed here
. Velocity must be 300 fps or below.
• Exotic Weapons: rocket launchers will be allowed. Rocket launchers must chronograph under 230 fps. Rockets are only to be fired at structures used as cover by the opposing team. The place where the rocket firsts impacts will have a 12 foot blast radius. All opposing players within this radius will immediately be eliminated (referees must be able to witness the point of impact). A total of 5 individual rockets are allowed per team per game- once a rocket is launched, it is no longer able to be fired again by either team.
Games begin at 9 a.m. , captain's meeting at 8:30 a.m.
Click to Register online now.
(Cash is preferred at the event. However, we can accept credit cards but you'll have to wait a little longer in the morning line. Paint can be purchased at the event)
Concessions available at the Events.
Prizes: $500 Cash, Winner takes all! (If 5 or more teams in attendance)
Event #1 Molalla Open- March 17th @ Splat Action- Molalla, OR
Event #2 St. Paul Showdown- June 1st @ Sniperzden- St. Paul, OR
Event #3 Lebanon Classic- July 20th @ The Swamp
Event #4 Northwest Championships September 21st @ TBA
(Bolded team names have paid their entry fees)