Old 05-06-2013, 07:44 AM #1
kpraytor
YOLO... you're an idiot!

Annual Supporting Member
kpraytor posts videos on PbNation
kpraytor has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
DM10 Chopping Paint & Overshooting???

Good Morning!

First and foremost, this is my first DM gun so my apologies if these are dumb questions.

Second:

Setup - DM10, BW Bolt, Hater Board, Halo B and Crossfire 45/4500

I went to play on Saturday and I had some issues with chopping paint and over shooting. My gun would randomly chop a paintball or shoot two at a time. I had both of these happen a few times yesterday.

Also, quite a few times during play, I would pull the trigger once and my gun would fire two or three balls, like I pulled the trigger a few times. Also, almost every time, my gun would shoot an extra round or two after I stopped pulling the trigger.

I reset the board to stock settings before play. I was using evil paint and the temps were in the mid to high 70s. Also, I gave the bolt a good wipe down and re-lube the night before play.

Is my hopper not good enough? Is there something wrong with my board settings? Here's the stock setting to possibly help out!

Purple - Fire Mode - 1 (Semi)
Green - Debounce - 5 ms
Red - Dwell - 18 ms
Blue - Max ROF - 20 bps
Teal - AMB - 1 ms
Yellow - Eye Delay - 4 ms
Flickering Purple - ABS - 10 ms
Flickering Green - Ramp Activation - 9 bps
Flickering Red - Ramp Percent - 10%

I'm sure ya'll would probably want more information, but you'll have to ask cause I don't know what else to say.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback on this matter!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. - Declaration of Independence
kpraytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 AM #2
quailman187
Bingo 1

quailman187 posts videos on PbNation
quailman187 is an NCPA National Champion
quailman187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Sounds like a detent issue to me. Check the orange nubs in the eye pipe. If they're worn down they can allow multiple balls to be loaded into the barrel at once, which would explain why you're shooting multiple balls per shot, and also would explain your paint breaking issue. Hope this helps!

http://www.ubpaintball.com/

http://www.dirtnapswag.com/#!
quailman187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 AM #3
kpraytor
YOLO... you're an idiot!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by quailman187 View Post
Sounds like a detent issue to me. Check the orange nubs in the eye pipe. If they're worn down they can allow multiple balls to be loaded into the barrel at once, which would explain why you're shooting multiple balls per shot, and also would explain your paint breaking issue. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the advice! I'm actually getting a full rebuild on this gun in the next week or two so hopefully this will take care of the issue.

Anyone else care to weigh in on this or why my gun continues to shoot even after I've stopped pulling the trigger? Is it AMB that needs to be increased or am I way off?

Thanks again!

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. - Declaration of Independence
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM #4
pitcher88r

pitcher88r owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pitcher88r supports DLX Technology
Your trigger could just be bouncing. Try playing with the trigger adjustments.
pitcher88r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 AM #5
kpraytor
YOLO... you're an idiot!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher88r View Post
Your trigger could just be bouncing. Try playing with the trigger adjustments.
Ok cool

Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM #6
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
1 change battery

2 change dwell to 21

3 set LPR to 3 3 1/2 turns

your bouncing issue could be

1 detents

2 debounce is too high

3 your trigger is sticking

4 you 're actually in ramp mode or you're ramping, PSP 3 shot is after like 3 or so shots it will be 3 shot burst untill you let off the trigger for 1-2 seconds

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM #7
kpraytor
YOLO... you're an idiot!

Annual Supporting Member
1 change battery DID THIS 3 DAYS AGO WITH A BRAND NEW COPPERTOP

2 change dwell to 21 WILL DO WHEN I GET HOME

3 set LPR to 3 3 1/2 turns IS THE LPR THE BOTTOM OF THE TWO BACK CAPS ON THE GUN? LIKE I SAID, FIRST DM EVER! AND EXPLAIN THE 3 - 3.5 TURNS A LITTLE MORE IF YOU COULD PLEASE

1 detents CHANGING IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO

2 debounce is too high IT IS CURRENTLY AT 5MS. WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TO GO DOWN TO?

3 your trigger is sticking IT DIDN'T APPEAR TO STICK WHEN I WAS INSPECTING IT YESTERDAY

4 you 're actually in ramp mode or you're ramping, PSP 3 shot is after like 3 or so shots it will be 3 shot burst until you let off the trigger for 1-2 seconds VERIFIED, IT IS ONE FLASH (SEMI)

Thanks for the nice little explanation!

Last edited by kpraytor : 05-06-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM #8
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
Dwell and LPR won't cause the problems you are describing, at least not without also causing terribly inconsistent velocity.

Worn detents can cause chopping and several paintballs firing with one shot. It will not cause the marker to continue shooting after you release the trigger.

What can cause the marker to shoot more times than the trigger is pulled is A. Trigger adjustment being too close (not enough pre-travel) B. Trigger being too loose (no spring) or C. Debounce too LOW. Try adjusting your trigger or increase the debounce to 10-15ms.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM #9
beastmar

beastmar is for the Gunfight
Your lpr is the bottom of the 2 back caps. The top one is your actual bolt.
beastmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 PM #10
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Dwell and LPR won't cause the problems you are describing, at least not without also causing terribly inconsistent velocity.

Worn detents can cause chopping and several paintballs firing with one shot. It will not cause the marker to continue shooting after you release the trigger.

What can cause the marker to shoot more times than the trigger is pulled is A. Trigger adjustment being too close (not enough pre-travel) B. Trigger being too loose (no spring) or C. Debounce too LOW. Try adjusting your trigger or increase the debounce to 10-15ms.
dwell/lpr was just for his chopping issue

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
Old 05-06-2013, 02:25 PM #11
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpraytor View Post
1 change battery DID THIS 3 DAYS AGO WITH A BRAND NEW COPPERTOP

2 change dwell to 21 WILL DO WHEN I GET HOME

3 set LPR to 3 3 1/2 turns IS THE LPR THE BOTTOM OF THE TWO BACK CAPS ON THE GUN? LIKE I SAID, FIRST DM EVER! AND EXPLAIN THE 3 - 3.5 TURNS A LITTLE MORE IF YOU COULD PLEASE

1 detents CHANGING IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO

2 debounce is too high IT IS CURRENTLY AT 5MS. WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND TO GO DOWN TO?

3 your trigger is sticking IT DIDN'T APPEAR TO STICK WHEN I WAS INSPECTING IT YESTERDAY

4 you 're actually in ramp mode or you're ramping, PSP 3 shot is after like 3 or so shots it will be 3 shot burst until you let off the trigger for 1-2 seconds VERIFIED, IT IS ONE FLASH (SEMI)

Thanks for the nice little explanation!

Your lpr is at the back of the gun under the bolt cap

basically you want to turn it inwards till you feel a slight resistance then back it out 3 3 1/2 complete 360 degree turns

Owner/home field.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:26 PM #12
kpraytor
YOLO... you're an idiot!

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmar View Post
Your lpr is the bottom of the 2 back caps. The top one is your actual bolt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss429 View Post
Your lpr is at the back of the gun under the bolt cap

basically you want to turn it inwards till you feel a slight resistance then back it out 3 3 1/2 complete 360 degree turns
Thank you everyone for the comments! Looks like I have some work to do over the next few days. I'll report back after I have a look at all these things!