PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2013, 12:43 AM #1
jojo37938

jojo37938 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Etha Wont Chrono Over 265-275 Without Purging Air

I have a PE ETHA with spring less pop, stock bolt and techt bolt but when I try to chrono my marker it will only go up to 275 before it starts to leak air. I've checked all o rings cleaned lubed but leak continues. any insight on this would be highly appreciated . I am aware that the etha has a safety feature that will release air if it is over pressurized. just wondering if anyone knows the specific cause as well as solution
jojo37938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2013, 02:52 AM #2
Zollie
Keep Calm Play Paintball

Zollie owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yeah were out of luck man ..
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM #3
Apewar

we need Jack or Nicky to comment on this. I haven't played yet this season but this issue seems to be popping up a lot recently
Apewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 AM #4
frosticle

frosticle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
frosticle owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
frosticle plays in the APPA D4 division
A few weeks back I went to my field and chronoed first thing in the morning. As the day went on and got warmer i rechronoed and found i was shooting 330. i had no leaks. I have stock everything (i do have have the springless kit) and have had my etha for over a year now. I haven't had to replace any o-rings on any part of the gun. I would think it is an o-ring or too much/not enough grease. It would be nice to hear from someone at PE on this though.
frosticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:42 PM #5
jojo37938

well I did a full breakdown of my etha I mean completely took the thing apart. I cleaned checked and lubed everything that requires it . seleniod seemed to be fine. anyhow put it back together no leaks and I was able to turn my velocity up about a full turn before air started to purge. I don't have a chrono so I might go to local pb store and see if that did the trick. but yes some insight on this from PE would be nice
Old 05-04-2013, 11:25 PM #6
Owmygulay

Did that help? I just got an Etha and this seems like a common problem on here. Kinda disappointed.
Owmygulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:17 AM #7
Bill.B

Bill.B owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Are there any orings that might have been pinched or seem to be stripping?
Bill.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:27 PM #8
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Have tried replacing the Oring on the inside of the top part of the velocity adjuster?
smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:27 PM #9
jojo37938

all orings are fine problem still persist
Old 07-14-2013, 05:41 PM #10
Bill.B

Where is the leak coming from?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:35 PM #11
Gilbert-0

Gilbert-0 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
iv had a problem like that be for i just took it apart and re lubed everything and replaced the O rings then i re set the regulator and about the leak it all depends on were it comes form.
Gilbert-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 AM #12
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Hi,

Firstly let me apologise to the OP for not noticing this sooner!

Can you tell us exactly where the Etha is leaking air from. If it is the solenoid, then the chances are that it has been over-pressurized and damaged in the past.

Whatever the cause, if you have registered ownership of your marker via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin then i will ensure that you get taken care of.

Nicky T

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 AM #13
jojo37938

problem still happening I've done everything within my powers to fix this still to no avail. and yes it is leaking or appears to be leaking from solenoid. yes my marker is registered and under warranty did contact PE they said to send it in to there nearest service center but **** don't have the money to send it out now I got a two lbs. paper weight . should I just spend a 100 and get a new solenoid or can one be sent from PE. sucks its been months since I've been able to play
Old 08-06-2013, 04:44 AM #14
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo37938 View Post
problem still happening I've done everything within my powers to fix this still to no avail. and yes it is leaking or appears to be leaking from solenoid. yes my marker is registered and under warranty did contact PE they said to send it in to there nearest service center but **** don't have the money to send it out now I got a two lbs. paper weight . should I just spend a 100 and get a new solenoid or can one be sent from PE. sucks its been months since I've been able to play
Morning,

I wouldn't go out and spend $100 and get a new solenoid. I'd spend $15 and send it into your local Eclipse Service Centre to be repaired (under warranty if applicable).

All that you need to do is make the decision to follow the above advice and then it won't suck any more.

Nicky T

Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 AM #15
Bill.B

Says he doesn't have the money to ship it to PE which would be ~$12-$15...

Wants to blow $100 on a new solenoid...

Decisions.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:06 PM #16
Calculon The Great

Mine does something very similar to what the OP is describing. I've isolated the leak as coming from the solenoid manifold vent hole. Sometimes my gun doesn't leak, sometimes I get a small intermitent leak, and sometimes I get a sizeable one.

My gun never leaks if I simply gas it up. Leaks always occur once I start shooting. It can be after 5 shots, or 500.

This problem has been going on for months now. I've spent many hours trying to fix this by myself and spent a pretty penny in the process; I sent it to an authorized center, etc.

I'm waiting to meet someone on a field somewhere that will be nice enough to let me use his Etha so that I can isolate the problem on a component-by-component basis. I'm no expert but at this point I suspect the solenoid is the issue.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:58 PM #17
jojo37938

well here's a sucky update. CHOICES.... well I made mine and apparently it was the wrong one. spent 23$ sending my etha out to service center, they have isolated the problem which I already knew was the solenoid. replaced solenoid then I get a call saying my gun is done BUT its a few months past the warranty so now I have to pay for parts and labor! now my marker is being held hostage for a grand total of 130.00$, I could have just done it myself and saved a few $
Old 08-16-2013, 12:26 AM #18
Trx450er07

Quote:
well here's a sucky update. CHOICES.... well I made mine and apparently it was the wrong one. spent 23$ sending my etha out to service center, they have isolated the problem which I already knew was the solenoid. replaced solenoid then I get a call saying my gun is done BUT its a few months past the warranty so now I have to pay for parts and labor! now my marker is being held hostage for a grand total of 130.00$, I could have just done it myself and saved a few $
Dang that blows.
Trx450er07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 PM #19
Wartex

please see this topic http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3966637

PE needs to grow a pair and start swapping solenoids out of warranty. If a user can overpressure the solenoid using an adjustment screw inside a factory-installed regulator, then someone on design team needs to learn how to implement mechanical limiters and/or pick solenoids that have wider working pressure range.

There are hundreds of people out there with this problem. Stop brushing it under the rug "just send this to the service center", because after the warranty runs out you will hang your users high and dry with these solenoids. No, it is NOT orings.
Wartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:30 AM #20
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Here's a less sucky reply

I'd be interested to know the serial number of your marker and if you have a proof of purchase (HINT HINT) that would enable your warranty to be extended to a year from that date. If we can help we will, and you are always very welcome to contact me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com for assistance if required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartex View Post
please see this topic http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3966637
PE needs to grow a pair and start swapping solenoids out of warranty. If a user can overpressure the solenoid using an adjustment screw inside a factory-installed regulator, then someone on design team needs to learn how to implement mechanical limiters and/or pick solenoids that have wider working pressure range.

There are hundreds of people out there with this problem. Stop brushing it under the rug "just send this to the service center", because after the warranty runs out you will hang your users high and dry with these solenoids. No, it is NOT orings.
We are willing swap solenoids under warranty; providing that the issue can be attributed to a manufacturing or production default AND the customer has taken the necessary steps to ensure that their product is registered for warranty.

That's an interesting take on a Warranty policy that allows the user to extend their factory 12 month warranty by simply submitting a proof of purchase* to me (*this applies to store purchases NOT second hand purchases). This action will extend the warranty to 12 months from the date of purchase.

As for your claims as to the extent of Etha users with this problem; you sir are incorrect (by quite some margin).

Nicky T

Last edited by Nicky T : 08-27-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 AM #21
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
A little additional information:

At the beginning of Etha production there were two instances whereby we received solenoid valves that we considered unsuitable for use in production:

- The first instance was a small batch of solenoids that vented at too low a pressure primarily because they were built outside of our specification and tested incorrectly.
- The second instance was a batch of solenoids that contained a face seal of too low a durometer. These passed initial tests but after a rest period were prone to the peak operating presure being lowered.

In total this resulted in an incredibly small amount of affected units and in both cases the solenoid manufacturer accepted full responsibility for these units and replaced them accordingly. As such we will continue to replace any units exhibiting the above symptoms under warranty (regardless of the age of the marker); providing of course that the marker is registered for warranty via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/

As for crossing our fingers and hoping; well thats just not the British way!

If you want to further enhance your warranty status then please also contact me via: nick.t@planeteclipse.com with a valid proof of purchase (e.g. a receipt) and i will extend your warranty coverage to a full year from the date of purchase.

Nicky T