Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-29-2013, 02:55 PM #1
baggedbirds

cutting pants liners

Do you leave your pants liner in or cut them out? Its pretty hot here in CA. Are those liners suppose to keep you cool, them seem to stick to me and make me warmer. I don't want to ruin my pants trying it. Thoughts ?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2013, 03:46 PM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
I have a liner in a couple pants (Proto & Dye), i just leave em in there. They help with chafing, in case your drawers don't go as low, and they cool you off by keeping the primary fabric of the pants directly off your skin. Won't ruin the pants, it's really just for your comfort (or discomfort). But i will tell you, the pants won't be any cooler without them, since the main nylon-ish material is what makes them so hot in the first place.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM #3
Japy
Paragon 2014

Annual Supporting Member
Japy is BST Legit
Japy plays in the PSP
Japy is playing at Living Legends VII
Japy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Japy supports Empire
I cut them partially out of one pair of dye pants I had, since my older pair only had the liner down to just above the knees.

I cut the liner on the newer pair just above the knees. It helped with weight, and generally I think made the pants more comfortable. I don't think I'd cut the entire liner out though. Usually your calves don't touch the exterior fabric when you're standing anyway, and the liner definitely felt gross on that part of my legs when I was really sweating.

Overall I say if you're gonna do it don't go crazy. Cut just a small amount out and try them on.

Looking for some Gats?
Japy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:20 PM #4
baggedbirds

Great thanks. I did notice on a friends Evil pants that the liner was like a pair of shorts. All my mine are completely lined. I was worried about resale on them, I have more pairs than I need. I may have to try it out.