PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 AM #1
chrisdelay

chrisdelay has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DM5 reg question/newbie issues

I bought a beat up DM5 for cheeeeeeap here a few days ago. Powered it up, put air to it and it leaked like a sieve.

Started pulling everything apart and putting grease on all the o-rings.

As I move to the reg, I go to unscrew the retaining cap at the bottom and it falls off in my hand. It looks/feels like the threads have been almost worn down, and there was teflon tape on the threads to keep it held on.

I've put everything back together, but when I try gassing it up, invariably it'll blow the top o-ring for the swivel part of the reg.

So...how critical is the bottom cap in holding the swivel in place (and stop blowing out the top o-ring? I'm going to a local hardware store to see if I can find a nut that will fit snugly, but I'm not really clear on if this is cosmetic or absolutely needed.

Additionally, if the threads the cap screws onto are what the problem actually is, and assuming I can't use a tap and die kit to make them any better, does anyone even sell the reg anymore? Or can I put another reg on there and be okay?

Please...be gentle. It's my first gun that isn't fully mechanical
chrisdelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 PM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
The cap is the only thing holding the swivel collar in place, it is not an optional part. The only time I've seen those threads worn down was on a marker than had been poorly re-anodized.

If needed you can find Hyper 2 regs used all the time or rarely find new ones in certain colors available. Any regulator with standard asa threads will fit the DM5 though.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 AM #3
chrisdelay

chrisdelay has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, this was a poor anno stip job...the stock barrel's threads were also equally thrashed, so much so that I had to throw a completely different barrel on it.

Thanks for the help!
chrisdelay is offline   Reply With Quote