PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM #1
StevieG27
Night Night!

StevieG27 plays in the APPA D5 division
Need help with team Communication.

My team has lost to many tourneys due to no communication. We would lose games when we were 3 men up. I need some drills that can help my team's communication.
StevieG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2013, 01:45 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

It's not about drills when your teammates are silent. They have to want to talk.

You have to tell them "You mother****ers better start talking, because I am not going to pay for another tourney if you guys are going to lose on purpose."

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:33 PM #3
StevieG27
Night Night!

That's what I keep telling them. Nobody uses the same kill count or bunker names. They argue over what to use.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:46 PM #4
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Then it sounds like you need to leave and find a better team, because this one is going nowhere.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 PM #5
Mikj48

Mikj48 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LoL, I wouldn't give up so quick. The good thing about communication is you don't have to be on a field and you don't have to waste paint. First things first, you guys need to walk the field and decided what to call/name the bunkers. I remember when we started our team, some guys would yell "Mayan" other would yell "Aztec" and others would yell "Temple." It doesn't work. Just pick one and go with it. Also, you have to lead by example. The more you do it the more likely someone will start doing it back. Try running simple drills like 3v1 and having the one back player just calling out every position the 3 players are. Then the 3 can move up and he(the 1) calls there position out again, until they reach the end. One thing we always have our new players do is just repeat what the back play is saying, except stuff like "snake on me" or something like that. Well have him repeat the g count or positions, that way they just get familiar with being vocal.
Mikj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:21 PM #6
StevieG27
Night Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikj48 View Post
LoL, I wouldn't give up so quick. The good thing about communication is you don't have to be on a field and you don't have to waste paint. First things first, you guys need to walk the field and decided what to call/name the bunkers. I remember when we started our team, some guys would yell "Mayan" other would yell "Aztec" and others would yell "Temple." It doesn't work. Just pick one and go with it. Also, you have to lead by example. The more you do it the more likely someone will start doing it back. Try running simple drills like 3v1 and having the one back player just calling out every position the 3 players are. Then the 3 can move up and he(the 1) calls there position out again, until they reach the end. One thing we always have our new players do is just repeat what the back play is saying, except stuff like "snake on me" or something like that. Well have him repeat the g count or positions, that way they just get familiar with being vocal.
Thank you. That sounds like a good drill to run. We definitely need to work on getting the message across the field. I know that if we get communication down we can do some damage because our individual skills are on point.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:40 PM #7
stevens23

stevens23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stevens23 supports DLX Technology
Good advice. I think a lack of communication kills a LOT of teams, not just yours.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:28 AM #8
hayden1406
~

hayden1406 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hayden1406 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hayden1406 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Make sure you all agree to and know what you will label bunkers.
Also, come up with "code names" fore things like the kill count.

Air Assault Paintball ~ Valley Paintball
hayden1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:05 PM #9
Ryan O'Rourke
H-A-M

Ryan O'Rourke is BST Trusted
Ryan O'Rourke is playing at Living Legends VII
Ryan O'Rourke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ryan O'Rourke posts videos on PbNation
Ryan O'Rourke supports Empire
Our team runs a drill where its five on five and two players go out without a gun and are there for communication purposes only. People lose focus when they have to shoot. so take that away and you will magically hear the best call outs youve ever heard.

"Originally posted by eforce: Headwraps are no more a part of paintball history than the salty jockstraps worn by random rec ballers in the 90's."
Ryan O'Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote