PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-20-2013, 12:18 PM #1
scuzzy

has been a member for 10 years
help with leak, i think noid..

I got it apart, lubed, changed the AOC and valve rings but I am still having a pretty good leak out around the noid. The noid gasket appears to be in good shape. My HPR velocity adjuster is almost all the way screwed in, but it is shooting paint around 270-290ish. Is it my AOC? is the low pressure too high? you can see from the video that it is cycling fine. i think the noid is alright. What would be my next troubleshoot? I have never adjusted the AOC, I don't have the gauges to get it perfect, but I don't anticipate buying any either. I don't want this to become a huge money pit.

There seems to be a little scratch inside the bottom tube from where the valve was removed previously. It runs from the valve set-screw hole in the bottom of the body to the end. I think there was a rough spot on the valve and it was pushed out anyway. Could this be an issue? It doesn't feel bad, and I'm assuming those rings in the AOC/lower tube area should all still seal.

I will post a video of the leak and it cycling as soon as it loads.

help me tribal folk....

edit: post-fix pics

darq marq
EMPIRE SNIPER
Old Feedback Found Here

Last edited by scuzzy : 04-24-2013 at 04:45 PM.
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2013, 02:25 PM #2
killjoy91115

u can tinker with bigger orings to seal that channel up
killjoy91115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM #3
scuzzy

i don't know if anyone is reading this thread, or really cares.....but I spent all morning wet sanding the bottom tube with 2000 grit sand paper and I got the JB weld down to a nice sheen. Basically all that is left is the weld that made it into the "scratch". Moment of truth came when I hooked up the air and I was glad to hear no leaks. cycles good, no leak....it appears to be rocking! I need to do some fine tuning I'm sure, but I am eager to use it this saturday. I really like the way these tribals shoot. a great sound.

I'll post a pic later with my shiny new chrome feedneck....

darq marq
EMPIRE SNIPER
Old Feedback Found Here
Old 04-24-2013, 04:29 PM #4
sscamaropb

Nice, Im actually paying attention, sometimes you get a leak resolved from reseating parts as well. I initially thought it was your solenoid gasket or the AOC adjusted too high. Im having an issue with my warlord board as well so good luck in the future for spare parts, I snagged all the mac dev red valves, and tribal spare parts I could.

if your looking for a low rise feedneck let me know, these tribals have special threads and they are easy to strip I have a northwest pb teardrop lowrise.
sscamaropb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM #5
scuzzy

I had probably disassembled and re-assembled 8-10 times while cleaning, replacing o-rings, and simply trying to fix the leak. this jb weld fix should be permanent, assuming it never goes to anodizing. it is only a thin layer filling a 2-3 mm wide scrape, at the most 0.5mm deep. It should only have the friction of lubed o-rings and it's not holding anything together. with the durability of jb weld, this should hold up longer than the aluminum body itself.

I bought a silver NW teardrop low rise off ebay. did not fit perfect, but fit good enough. used some blue loc-tite and it's great. not a bad little feedneck. I'll try to get a video of it shooting reballs as soon as I can get some air.....

darq marq
EMPIRE SNIPER
Old Feedback Found Here
Old 04-24-2013, 05:52 PM #6
sscamaropb

Sounds great! Glad to hear Im not the only one posting here. Maybe the 2 of us can revive the tribal group hah.If you need anything or to picka brain, pm me. My twister has a red valve, low rise with cp claming neck, mac dev rare lpr, and warlord board. Aside from a smart parts on/off and blue rail. its like yours but a 2.2 double trigger.
sscamaropb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:58 PM #7
scuzzy

well, aired up again today, and I still have a slight leak from the solenoid. It is coming from the exhaust ports. I took apart the noid and noticed one, possibly two of the seals are reasonably damaged......anybody know where to get those seals? I emailed Parker for information on them. I hope to hear back soon.
I measured and the outside diameter is roughly 4mm. That translates over to an -002 or -003 diameter o-ring. Would one of those work, or are they far too thick?

darq marq
EMPIRE SNIPER
Old Feedback Found Here
Old 05-31-2013, 10:17 PM #8
saxman

saxman is a founding member
If you can get a hold of a solenoid spindle off an old smart parts impulse then you'll be good to go. The impulse used the exact same spindle/O-rings.
saxman is offline   Reply With Quote