Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 PM #1
Carnyc

g3 problems

So my G3 wont fire with the eyes turned on. When i try to test fire without air it makes the clicking noise like its firing but once i put air in it, it wont fire. When i put my finger in the way of the eyes the light changes like it recognizes it so i think the eyes are woking but idk.

any help would be awesome

thanks
Carnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnyc View Post
So my G3 wont fire with the eyes turned on. When i try to test fire without air it makes the clicking noise like its firing but once i put air in it, it wont fire. When i put my finger in the way of the eyes the light changes like it recognizes it so i think the eyes are woking but idk.

thanks
If you are trying to dry-fire it as it appears you are, you need to turn the eyes off to fire. The whole purpose of eyes is to prohibit the marker to shoot if there is no paint. Based on your post, it would seem that your marker is doing exactly what it is suppose to do.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 AM #3
justintriprh

justintriprh has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
justintriprh has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

thanks
The gun should click, you have the eyes off and when you put your finger in and the light changes its detecting your finger. The reason it isn't firing with air is probably because you don't have enough air. Anything below 1k psi is barely enough to fire.
justintriprh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:16 AM #4
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
looking back on my posts.. I was a lot more drunk than I thought I was....hahah
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 AM #5
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
looking back on my posts.. I was a lot more drunk than I thought I was....hahah
Especially when you post afterword in the wrong thread .
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM #6
Carnyc

I don't have any air in when I'm test firing. I'm just listening for the clicking. When I put my finger in the way the eyes detect it and clicks like its shooting. When I put air and paint in it won't fire though.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I don't have any air in when I'm test firing. I'm just listening for the clicking. When I put my finger in the way the eyes detect it and clicks like its shooting. When I put air and paint in it won't fire though.
This is still correct. That is the eyes doing their job. There is NO way the board can tell if you have air going through the marker or not. Turn your eyes off and I bet you will get the "clicking" just fine.

Whoops, missed that second part. Wasn't clear in your first post.

The issue being that it won't fire WITH air AND paint. Now we can troubleshoot......
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM #8
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Have you tried a new battery and make sure there is not too much lube on the bumper ring or the back of your bolt causing it to stick.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 AM #9
CA_Tectonics

So you say the eyes detect your finger and you can tell they are working by the LED color change. Now, does the LED change color when you put a hopper with paint on.....and the ball stack is all the way to the breach?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 AM #10
CA_Tectonics

Another quick test is to actually dry-fire it WITH air and eyes OFF.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 PM #11
Carnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post

This is still correct. That is the eyes doing their job. There is NO way the board can tell if you have air going through the marker or not. Turn your eyes off and I bet you will get the "clicking" just fine.

Whoops, missed that second part. Wasn't clear in your first post.

The issue being that it won't fire WITH air AND paint. Now we can troubleshoot......
Yes it works test firing but not with air and paint
Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM #12
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:

Yes it works test firing but not with air and paint
Does it fire with air and the eyes off? If you do not answer this question we cannot help you
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM #13
Carnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Another quick test is to actually dry-fire it WITH air and eyes OFF.
It fires with air and eyes off.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:10 PM #14
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:

It fires with air and eyes off.
And doesn't with the eyes on?

If so, you need to clean your eyes or need new ones
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:46 PM #15
Carnyc

I've taken the eyes out and cleaned them. When I put my finger in the way of the eyes the led changes so it recognizes my finger. Could the eyes still be bad?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:05 PM #16
CA_Tectonics

It's possible....however, it may be that the paint you are using is small and you might have a little rollback, therefore, the ball isn't tripping the eyes.

Try this - No air or hopper - Power ON, eyes ON, put a single ball in the breach. Tilt the marker back and forth (barrel up and down) and watch the LED. When tilting the barrel down, does the LED register that there is a ball? If so, your eyes are likely just fine. Now try ball in breach and tilt back? Eyes not sensing? Can you see the ball rolling back slightly? Next try with your loader. It is possible that your loader is putting enough pressure on the ball stack that it is forcing the bottom ball in the breach backwards and out of "sight" (<----- hehehe) of the eyes.

Once we can establish that it IS NOT your ball stack or rollback (you haven't indicated yet if the LED changes color when using paint so we don't have enough info to go on), then we can move on and start questioning other possibilities such as battery, bolt stick, maintenance, lube, and/or solenoid. Now, if you had said from the beginning that the eyes register the ball in breach (LED changes) but it only puffs a tiny bit of air when you pull the trigger, then we would start troubleshooting from there (classic bolt stick). I'm confident we can get you back up and running but the more info you give us, the easier and faster the fixing process can go.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:08 PM #17
Carnyc

I'm just going to make a video of what's happening
Old 04-19-2013, 04:12 PM #18
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I'm just going to make a video of what's happening
Alright.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:20 PM #19
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Yay! Videos help immensely. Easier to understand
Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 PM #20
Carnyc

I got it to work. It was a combination of bolt stick and using old small paintballs. Thanks for everyone's help
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM #21
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
I got it to work. It was a combination of bolt stick and using old small paintballs. Thanks for everyone's help
Glad to hear you got it working again.