bunkerking_13
SKNasty. Cole World.

bunkerking_13 supports Team VICIOUS
bunkerking_13 posts videos on PbNation
bunkerking_13 is Legendary
bunkerking_13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcunnin3 View Post
ok so the infamous and xsv are just different color o rings? What if I use the lurker bolt with the boss delrin spacer....will this be easier to install? or will i still have to tinker with alot of things.
Just stick with either the XSV or Infamous. Which ever team you enjoy more. don't try combining things. Yes they are the same everything except color.
bunkerking_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2013, 12:23 PM #23
bcunnin3

thanks bunkerking im just gonna get the infamous and see what happens. whats the best tunning method on here for being easy on paint and smoothness, I don't really care about efficiency.

Last edited by bcunnin3 : 04-18-2013 at 01:02 PM.
bcunnin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 PM #24
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
ok so the infamous and xsv are just different color o rings? What if I use the lurker bolt with the boss delrin spacer....will this be easier to install? or will i still have to tinker with alot of things.
I have run my lurker bolt both ways... to be honest I can't tell a ton of difference with or without the boss bumper on the lurker bolt. (Not to mention lurker includes a white ring and an oring bumper so you don't have to buy the boss parts.) The biggest thing I saw in that configuration was I had to run slightly higher pressure to offset the additional spring pre-load. I really don't see a great deal of tinkering needing to be done with the lurker.

For the boss bolts I have found that with the recommended settings aren't too far off if you use the boss bolt guide orings. I typically don't drop my dwell below 5 anyway though.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM #25
isaaclim
SPAM: yummy

Annual Supporting Member
isaaclim is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
isaaclim owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I just installed an infamous bolt into my axe. IT IS AMAZING!!! The gun is shooting at near luxe-like smoothness and sound signature.

As for tuning, I went with 150psi/1.5 turns/4ms dwell/medium spring. I'm sure more fine tuning can be done but I don't want to mess with a good thing right now and will probably leave it as is =)

"Live every week like its Shark Week."
-Tracy Jordan

Last edited by isaaclim : 04-18-2013 at 01:29 PM.
isaaclim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:20 PM #26
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaaclim View Post
I just installed an infamous bolt into my axe. IT IS AMAZING!!! The gun is shooting at near luxe-like smoothness and sound signature.

As for tuning, I went with 150psi/1.5 turns/4ms dwell/medium spring. I'm sure more fine tuning can be done but I don't want to mess with a good thing right now and will probably leave it as is =)
I have actually enjoyed the short spring the best. It hasn't had any issued with semi-brittle paint (GI 3star and evil) and seems even smoother.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM #27
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
A V2 Boss bolt just performs well. The others are placebos that have colors to them.
Not true at all.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM #28
isaaclim
SPAM: yummy

Annual Supporting Member
isaaclim is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
isaaclim owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
I have actually enjoyed the short spring the best. It hasn't had any issued with semi-brittle paint (GI 3star and evil) and seems even smoother.
I guess I'll change something after all I just can't believe how the axe shoots after using egos for the last few years. Love the egos but I now see the light!

"Live every week like its Shark Week."
-Tracy Jordan
isaaclim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:32 PM #29
Toler 21
quid pro quo precious

Quote:
Hi PB nation, I'm new to the site and fairly new to paintball (1 year), anyways I just ordered a new Empire Axe after trying one at my field. I am going to start playing on a team and want a solid setup on the gun. I was thinking a dye rotor, and a ninja pro cf 68/4500 tank. Now as far as upgrades for the gun I was thinking a 14" deadly wind fibur barrel with freak inserts, a redline axe board, and a lurker bolt (not 100% sure on this one, having trouble decide between Boss xsv bolt, v2 and this one) Can you guys please tell me if this is a good setup or not? What I should replace on my list? And also which bolt will give my gun the best performance? I am willing to deal with tuning the Lurker bolt. I don't really care about efficiency just smoothness and ball breakage.
Thanks!
Absolutely get the lurker-has a great signature and extremely soft on paint (even bad/brittle batches). Deadly winds is the best barrel out there in my opinion but it won't make that big of a difference using a freak barrel. 68/45 is a great size tank/pretty standard. The rotor is king in my opinion since you can pick one up so cheap/it's so reliable and you'll never out-shoot it obviously (and a spire is close to $200 depending if you want a speed-feed or not). Honestly I do not think the red-line board is a must have especially at $200+. The basic LED board works just as well and is not that difficult to work around unless you're one of those guys who has to have an oled. Hope this helps-you have the right ideas-that is the way I have my markers set up as well.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:34 PM #30
blueshifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaaclim View Post
I guess I'll change something after all I just can't believe how the axe shoots after using egos for the last few years. Love the egos but I now see the light!
Funny part is my buddy shoots a nexus ego (private label ego6) and it shoots crazy nice for an ego... almost on par with a gen3 timmy. He is in the market for a new gun so I let him borrow one of my axes (he said that he was only going to use it a few games) and he ended up using it all day. He kept going on and on about how it shot like a spool, sipped on air and was dead quiet. He ended up ordering an axe Monday.

Try polishing your poppet, installing the short spring and re-tune. It gets better.