Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-04-2014, 01:06 AM #1
xyder

xyder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xyder plays in the APPA D4 division
interesting problem i have with my 2.0

Hi all

i recently acquired a fairly new 2.0 and it had some minor issues where it didn't cycle at stock settings but bumping the dwell up fixed that.

my main issue is when playing and either i get a barrel break or i accidentally load up dirty paint. the marker will begin to half cycle and eventually not fire at all.

i did a quick brief read up and saw it might be the spring as i also have FSDO issues but i don't know if that's the main cause to the issue....

thanks for the assist in advance.
xyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2014, 01:51 AM #2
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Remove the ft screw and adjust your reg pressure after. That might just fix the issues

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

---Pooty Paintball Facebook-Anno Shop---
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:32 AM #3
xyder

thanks Pooty, i have considered it, but i have heard that the feather touch gives a smoother shot profile, so wouldn't it be better to have it in?
Old 08-04-2014, 02:44 AM #4
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

The ft screw is good and bad. Bad becuase in some cases you will need a higher reg and dwell pressure. If you are breaking paint it might be from a high reg pressure or your detents are going bad. I myself find the luxe shoots smoother with it out and a lower reg pressure. I think the ft screw was more for a softer impact on the ball over a softer shot. I feel the ft screw out gives a softer shot once you adjust your reg and dwell... Give it a try and see what you think and feel. It will help with shoot down and fsdo also. Also make sure your manifold screw is not too far in.

But if you want to use the ft screw I would adjust your dwell to around 18 and see if your chopping issues go away. A huge mistake people make is to have the ft screw in with a low dwell. That will cut off the air that's stored in the can and in turn you will need to raise your reg pressure higher to get a small burst of higher pressure air out of your luxe that will for sure be harder on paint

---Pooty's Youtube Channel - Mod - Tech - Product Videos---

---Pooty Paintball Facebook-Anno Shop---

Last edited by Pooty51 : 08-04-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:47 AM #5
xyder

Great ! thanks for the Info !

Ill give it a go once im back home.