Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM #1
kamden63
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Young gun teams in california

My name is Kamden and me and my friend Dustin want to join or make a paintball team we were thinking any ware in between 3-6 man. I'm 13 and he is 12 so it would be young gun for now. I have a year and a half paintball experience he has about 5 months. I have an empire mini, empire events, halo too, 14 inch cp barrel .689,and a 48ci 3000psi tank ( I will purchase a carbon tank, pants and a jersey if i get on a team maybe a new hopper as well). He has an ego 05 with 14 inch 2 piece furious barrel a carbon tank evnts and a v35 hopper he is getting pants and a jersey. We live in livermore california and practice about every other week usually on sunday at sunol paintball we have only played rec but we are interested in turnements. We both also have podpacks, I have an empire 4+7 he has a 3+4 i dont hate or love any specific brand as long as it is not tippmann or spyder. I do shoot mostley rps paint or rrisson paint.
kamden63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2013, 02:29 PM #2
guerillapb
 
 
guerillapb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Wish i lived in livermore im looking for a team also and I tried the rrison paint recently at midway and really liked it
guerillapb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:49 PM #3
thenoob23
ADK
 
thenoob23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dayton,Ohio
thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Ewwww Mini,RPS! And tournaments* Plus go add yourself to APPA once you get into a few tournamens with big boys....You need a jersey period same with paintball pants.....A team will require you to buy a TEAM jersey not personal which will cost more. Tournaments get really pricey I know I've played a few already....I would do you're research before wondering off into tournaments and getting destroyed.....,Lastly not trying to be a bag just tellin you how it is butmost D4 and up teams require 3+ years of experince my team in Ohio you must have atleast 2 to be considered.
__________________
-Axe Men Users Club-
1/1 custom Tourquoise and Grey Axe Redline, Virtue Eyes, TechT Bolt And Spring kit.
Ninja Dura Blue V2 68/4500
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 PM #4
RedShirt2008
Dirty 907 Ball
 
RedShirt2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Annual Supporting Member
RedShirt2008 is BST Trusted
RedShirt2008 plays in the PSP
RedShirt2008 plays in the APPA beginner division
RedShirt2008 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
RedShirt2008 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Ewwww Mini,RPS! And tournaments* Plus go add yourself to APPA once you get into a few tournamens with big boys....You need a jersey period same with paintball pants.....A team will require you to buy a TEAM jersey not personal which will cost more. Tournaments get really pricey I know I've played a few already....I would do you're research before wondering off into tournaments and getting destroyed.....,Lastly not trying to be a bag just tellin you how it is butmost D4 and up teams require 3+ years of experince my team in Ohio you must have atleast 2 to be considered.
You don't NEED any of this.. It is advised to get this.. If you are looking for a team check your regional forums here (Northern Cali Southern Cali) for tournaments and fields..


Now in my opinion You have all the things you need to start off, Good mask, decent markers, you just need to get out and play together and learn how to work as a team once you learn that you can go far.. First I would recommend at least going to an event either PSP, NPPL WCCPL, and watching those first hand to see if its still something you want to do.. The tournament scene is unforgiving.. I've been playing for 8 years now and been all over the States playing at different fields and everyone has a different tournament playing style.. But this is my opinion.. Honestly I would wait to play tournament ball til you get a decent job and are able to travel.. You are going to need alot of money mainly for paint at the tournaments.. Don't worry about jerseys or anything unless the tournament rules state you have to have matching jerseys.. If thats the case go to walmart or something and buy a few cheap shirts that look the same that way you match in some way.. One it saves money and 2 it unifies you a little bit..

Best thing for you to do though Is look for at least a 3 man team and do local tournaments.. Its cheap and fun.. You will also learn alot and better yourself for the future..
__________________
EKK Elite
United States Air Force
Set ups

Last edited by RedShirt2008 : 05-08-2013 at 09:13 PM.
RedShirt2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:39 AM #5
thenoob23
ADK
 
thenoob23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dayton,Ohio
thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Back on topic he is correct though...I would wait if I were you,a small team just get shirts unless you join some big team that requires it (most). And also tournaments is a way to lose alot of things that mean the most to you. Money tons of it just keeps feeding up,GF's if you have one complain because you don't have time for them on weekends,Jobs you're a young gun that does not apply I think. You also have to pay entry,paint,hotel,food and drink,flight,and if driving gas. It is pretty hard man,but fun. I would go around local and paly a few get the feel of it for a about a year or so then try to work something out with a few friends.
__________________
-Axe Men Users Club-
1/1 custom Tourquoise and Grey Axe Redline, Virtue Eyes, TechT Bolt And Spring kit.
Ninja Dura Blue V2 68/4500
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:01 PM #6
guerillapb
 
 
guerillapb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Thank you "thenoob23" and "redshirt2008" really good suggestions!
guerillapb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:21 PM #7
Cult
 
 
Cult's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Marcos/San Diego
Cult owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cult owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cult is attending Decay of Nations VII
Cult supports DLX Technology
I would start a team with you but Im down in san diego
Cult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:10 PM #8
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Ewwww Mini,RPS! And tournaments* Plus go add yourself to APPA once you get into a few tournamens with big boys....You need a jersey period same with paintball pants.....A team will require you to buy a TEAM jersey not personal which will cost more. Tournaments get really pricey I know I've played a few already....I would do you're research before wondering off into tournaments and getting destroyed.....,Lastly not trying to be a bag just tellin you how it is butmost D4 and up teams require 3+ years of experince my team in Ohio you must have atleast 2 to be considered.
Explain how someone needs 2 years of experience to play on your team, but you're 13 and have been playing since 2012?
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:43 AM #9
guerillapb
 
 
guerillapb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult View Post
I would start a team with you but Im down in san diego
LOL that would be difficult
guerillapb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:18 AM #10
thenoob23
ADK
 
thenoob23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dayton,Ohio
thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan3773 View Post
Explain how someone needs 2 years of experience to play on your team, but you're 13 and have been playing since 2012?
Here we go again,

First off I have been playing since 2010 so don't give me that. Second it will be 14 your point? All you do on nation is go around and sit and wait for the perfect moment to be an total jack ars about it. Every post you have ever made comes off of a smart ars joke,or just pure stupidity. When ever some one you do not like post something then you troll them and think you're on top......Wrong. I'm not going to waste anymore time here from now on talking to the ignorance and stupidty that is you. Thanks and goodbye
__________________
-Axe Men Users Club-
1/1 custom Tourquoise and Grey Axe Redline, Virtue Eyes, TechT Bolt And Spring kit.
Ninja Dura Blue V2 68/4500
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:09 AM #11
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post

Here we go again,

First off I have been playing since 2010 so don't give me that. Second it will be 14 your point? All you do on nation is go around and sit and wait for the perfect moment to be an total jack ars about it. Every post you have ever made comes off of a smart ars joke,or just pure stupidity. When ever some one you do not like post something then you troll them and think you're on top......Wrong. I'm not going to waste anymore time here from now on talking to the ignorance and stupidty that is you. Thanks and goodbye
Aww u changed your profile for me <3

I'm not even trolling you, you just lied to him so I pointed it out.

Last edited by Ryan3773 : 05-10-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:49 AM #12
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz
 
ibunkerupwnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Here we go again,

First off I have been playing since 2010 so don't give me that. Second it will be 14 your point? All you do on nation is go around and sit and wait for the perfect moment to be an total jack ars about it. Every post you have ever made comes off of a smart ars joke,or just pure stupidity. When ever some one you do not like post something then you troll them and think you're on top......Wrong. I'm not going to waste anymore time here from now on talking to the ignorance and stupidty that is you. Thanks and goodbye
You're the one that's posting false information he was correcting you. If you cannot take being corrected when you're wrong you shoud get off of the Internet.
__________________
THERE IS A FAT KID ON EVERY PAINTBALL TEAM. IF YOU ARE THAT FAT KID, PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG
HK Army
ibunkerupwnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:19 AM #13
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkerupwnd View Post

You're the one that's posting false information he was correcting you. If you cannot take being corrected when you're wrong you shoud get off of the Internet.
.

he is the worst poster on PBN, And needs to leave.

Last edited by Ryan3773 : 05-10-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 PM #14
thenoob23
ADK
 
thenoob23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dayton,Ohio
thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan3773 View Post
.

he is the worst poster on PBN, And needs to leave.
Incorrect,

The worst poster would be scammers,trollers,flamers. Nor am I any of those listed. I do not need to leave any where,at any time. If you and others do not like my presesnce around you,put me on you're ignore list.....that easy who would of ever guessed!?! Not to mention Ryan you follow half my post jsut to start problems with others. Last post that will be regarding you Ryan. It is a waste of my time to even reply to ignorance.
__________________
-Axe Men Users Club-
1/1 custom Tourquoise and Grey Axe Redline, Virtue Eyes, TechT Bolt And Spring kit.
Ninja Dura Blue V2 68/4500
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:57 PM #15
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post

Incorrect,

The worst poster would be scammers,trollers,flamers. Nor am I any of those listed. I do not need to leave any where,at any time. If you and others do not like my presesnce around you,put me on you're ignore list.....that easy who would of ever guessed!?! Not to mention Ryan you follow half my post jsut to start problems with others. Last post that will be regarding you Ryan. It is a waste of my time to even reply to ignorance.
Ignorance? Looks like you ignored many many English lessons in your life.
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:46 PM #16
NWA2PacBiggieSlim
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LBC (Long Beach, Ca)
I got 6 young guns players right now ready for a tournament if you guys wanna join. We're playing d5 or young gun tourneys for the summer since we're all new to tournaments. Text me for info if you're interested (562) 326 6114
NWA2PacBiggieSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump