Community Focus

Old 12-16-2013, 04:19 PM #64
NateSlage22
Grand Theft Paintball

NateSlage22 plays in the PSP
NateSlage22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NateSlage22 plays in the APPA D4 division
NateSlage22 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
For me it's the players who walk in the safe zone without their barrel cover on.
NateSlage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2013, 08:54 AM #65
Winning?
I sometimes just... meow

Annual Supporting Member
Winning? is BST Trusted
Winning? supports Empire
What gets me is people who gripe, and complain about field paint prices. When the prices are reasonable, and don't understand that a paintball park is a business. Not a public park.
(Obviously if paint is over 80$ a case you are free to gripe)

I also dislike how a good portion of the paintball community can bash a new product coming out before they have even seen a picture of it. Much less, watching a video of the product working.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:42 PM #66
XSVchild12
Kick ***, dont kiss it!

Annual Supporting Member
XSVchild12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XSVchild12 plays in the APPA beginner division
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
those "pros" who think they are the best players to walk the woods. Usually a group of experienced milsim guys. DAMs set on 3 shot. They feel the need to ignore everyone on there team but there own team mates, Wipe hits, bonus ball. "that" guy

Life is too short to worry about whats in your ketchup.
XSVchild12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 PM #67
XSVchild12
Kick ***, dont kiss it!

Annual Supporting Member
XSVchild12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
XSVchild12 plays in the APPA beginner division
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
XSVchild12 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning? View Post
I also dislike how a good portion of the paintball community can bash a new product coming out before they have even seen a picture of it. Much less, watching a video of the product working.
This^^
people bash new company's, new products, knowing nothing about it and just saying "oh well that sucks, this is totally better than that". Or the people who complain about guns "copying" designs of other guns. people. Its a gun that shoots a paintball. there are 2 types. Spool and poppit. Some guns are bound to look, function and feel like another gun. Or when people complain about KLR's or Vio's (or any small mask) and hate on it because its "just another I4". Same thing. ITS A MASK. IT WILL BE SIMILAR TO MANY OTHER MASKS

Life is too short to worry about whats in your ketchup.
XSVchild12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 PM #68
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVchild12 View Post
those "pros" who think they are the best players to walk the woods. Usually a group of experienced milsim guys. DAMs set on 3 shot. They feel the need to ignore everyone on there team but there own team mates, Wipe hits, bonus ball. "that" guy
Whats great is when you get to go up against them and show they have no fundamental skills other than slinging a ****-load of paint at and acting like d-bags to newbies. Boy do those types get pissed when they keep losing...
Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 AM #69
Jacenator
destraction

Jacenator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jacenator has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My friend and I trolled a guy who wouldn't call out and all that kinda stuff. Even when my friend got him the guy ignored it and got my friend out. so the whole time we are telling our teammates still on the field, "don't worry him, he's not gonna call himself out anyway." . Nearly had a fight on our hand because the guy was being a d-bag the whole time before that too. I won't go into detail but it was pretty bad. The rest of his group apologized for him... geez, some people.

Last edited by Jacenator : 12-18-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Jacenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:07 PM #70
Soulo

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Soulo plays in the APPA D4 division
For me, it's the people who doesn't come up to the field and get ready to play when the refs are calling open games. Refs have to call several times before people stop sitting around and walk to the field to play.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:04 PM #71
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
For me it's those who insist on stereotyping someone. Doesn't matter what you wear or what you shoot, it's about who you are and how you play. I've seen cheaters come in all shapes, sizes, and outfits. No one "type" of player contains more of these azzhats than any other.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:56 PM #72
brienpeppers

brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
For me it's violating the safety rules.

How hard is it to keep your damn mask down on the damn playing field and keep your damn barrel sock on in the damn safe zone.
I will never understand.

Other than that it's people who have the whole speedball/Woodsball/magfed/whatever is better than any other type of paintball.
I thoroughly enjoy every type of paintball in different ways. I love the adrenaline and speed and intensity and competition of playing PSP. I love sneaking around in the woods and sniping fools. I love all the novelty/objective games like VIP and demolition. I love playing magfed on urban fields.
I genuinely love paintball and everything that it has to offer. And when people act all prejudiced and like their **** doesn't stink because they play a certain type of paintball and talk **** about people who don't necessarily enjoy that type of play, it sincerely pisses me off in the worst way. The diversity and versatility of the sport is what makes me love it. That is also what makes paintball different than any other sport on the planet.

Set your petty differences aside and just shoot each other for fun.

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:20 PM #73
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienpeppers View Post

How hard is it to keep your damn mask down on the damn playing field and keep your damn barrel sock on in the damn safe zone.
I will never understand.

Other than that it's people who have the whole speedball/Woodsball/magfed/whatever is better than any other type of paintball.
I thoroughly enjoy every type of paintball in different ways. I love the adrenaline and speed and intensity and competition of playing PSP. I love sneaking around in the woods and sniping fools. I love all the novelty/objective games like VIP and demolition. I love playing magfed on urban fields.
I genuinely love paintball and everything that it has to offer. And when people act all prejudiced and like their **** doesn't stink because they play a certain type of paintball and talk **** about people who don't necessarily enjoy that type of play, it sincerely pisses me off in the worst way. The diversity and versatility of the sport is what makes me love it. That is also what makes paintball different than any other sport on the planet.

Very well said! Besides, variety is the spice of life. I would get bored only playing one genre of paintball.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:31 AM #74
Carlos_Is_King

Carlos_Is_King has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
What pisses me off the most at the field is when I run out of paint and have to go home ��
Old 12-20-2013, 11:25 AM #75
AHFellows
no stupid question? haha!

Annual Supporting Member
AHFellows is BST Trusted
AHFellows is playing at Living Legends VII
AHFellows owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AHFellows has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
AHFellows supports Empire
Wipers, and cocky D bags without a doubt. Its funny because usually the are horrible they just continue to brag about the 1 person they got out. or they hose up some little kids or people that have never played before.

And anyone who is just plain dumb ie. the person who takes their mask off during a game, or just doesnt listen to field rules or the ref.

KCCO
AHFellows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:32 PM #76
firetrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808_PB View Post
The guy that gets shot in the foot, tucks it in, and acts like nothing happened.
Guy did this, last weekend, shot him about 10 times in the foot from about 50 ft away, he didn't even bother to wipe the paint off after the game, he just never called hit. Whatever its just a game i guess.
firetrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:33 PM #77
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
People who complain about over shooting

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:39 AM #78
RoFll

Having to blow the field up at a 3 hour practice after paying field fee.
RoFll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:41 AM #79
RoFll

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienpeppers View Post

I will never understand.

+1 on the safety.
The people that remove their masks are always the first ones to go run their mouths calling the sport unsafe.
RoFll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:43 PM #80
liquidfiretibby

Annual Supporting Member
liquidfiretibby is BST Legit
liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoFll View Post
and then cleaning the field afterwards

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:50 PM #81
Lurch_man
Step over the line...

Lurch_man posts videos on PbNation
I can't stand the milsim guys who won't let me and my friends be on the same team because we have "speedball gear"

Lets break this down, I shoot a mech cocker and my wife shoots an ion. We aren't hardcore run and gun players either.

but god forbid they get split up or I get someone on my team that has a gun that shoots more than 5/second.

Just because I wear a brightly colored jersey does not mean I am going to run the field!

I've started to play in shorts and a t-shirt to get fair treatment at the field lol.
Lurch_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:42 PM #82
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoFll View Post
haha ive had to do that a couple of time. Ridiculous.....

Instagram
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:53 PM #83
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
I can understand having to help with field operations if your team gets a paint or admission discount and is practicing but if just recball thats crazy...
Old 12-27-2013, 08:20 PM #84
firetrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfiretibby View Post
and then cleaning the field afterwards
That's kind of like going to a restaurant only to have to set up the table and wash the dishes afterwards.
firetrak is offline   Reply With Quote