Community Focus

Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 PM #1
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
It's doing it again...Spyder-clone E-frame skipping shots

Hey, guys.
I have a Viewloader High Voltage, an almost exact copy of a Spyder with an identical sear-tripper system, and it's skipping shots. "Click click click boom click boom click click boom." In no recognizable pattern. Fresh batteries, brand new capacitor (16v, 6800uF, as comes stock) and it still isn't working. Just doesn't have enough juice. I seems to be the charge rate on the capacitor, as I'm able to pull the trigger at about 5bps before it starts to skip. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 PM #2
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
I'm not a big fan of even lower end blowbacks as they tend to have more problems than they are worth and we usually can't find as much information on them anymore. So my question relating to the gun , Is that even the right capacitor? I would venture that if that was a cap made for spyder board then just like 90% of the other spyder boards you NEED to use 9.6v battery. If your board doens't have a charging port you will need to get external charger too. I would consider picking up a spyder board at this point.

Other things you could do if your getting caught up are polish ALL moving surfaces, solenoid pin, sear, striker. Then theres the old penny or copper shim behind the solienoid so it doesn't have to move as far. Check your spring if its any old spring then its probably TOO heavy to start with and you could probably use a medium spring from a kit and still shot to velocity, I found the heavier ones catch the sear more.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 PM #3
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
I'm not a big fan of even lower end blowbacks as they tend to have more problems than they are worth and we usually can't find as much information on them anymore. So my question relating to the gun , Is that even the right capacitor? I would venture that if that was a cap made for spyder board then just like 90% of the other spyder boards you NEED to use 9.6v battery. If your board doens't have a charging port you will need to get external charger too. I would consider picking up a spyder board at this point.

Other things you could do if your getting caught up are polish ALL moving surfaces, solenoid pin, sear, striker. Then theres the old penny or copper shim behind the solienoid so it doesn't have to move as far. Check your spring if its any old spring then its probably TOO heavy to start with and you could probably use a medium spring from a kit and still shot to velocity, I found the heavier ones catch the sear more.
To my knowledge, it's the correct capacitor, as that was what came stock with the board and is what Viewloader says...
As for the battery, I haven't yet tried a 9.6...it was designed for a straight 9v (the manual says "Do NOT use a 9.6v battery in your marker") but I can try that once I get my hands on it...I'm just wondering if it's something in the board that's old or blown or something...I'll try all that! I wonder if it's the sear return spring as well...I could switch that to another, lighter one. And yeah, I did try swapping springs, I shot it today at the lightest. Shot about 220 with the VA backed out and it still was skipping...I just wanna solve it!
I'll start swapping springs out and see what happens!
Thanks!
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Proud Pumper since 2011
Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 AM #4
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Well if the Cap is the same as replaced, then your running out of options. That old board might be on its way out. I would consider busting out a DVM and checking to see if everything is working as it should, check for loose connections and broken wires (sometime they break inside the plastic). You might wiggle the wires to see if somethings gone bad. Otherwise double check the board for any other damage. I might stay away from testing the 9.6v out untill your somethings wrong with the board and you want to replace it.

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:53 PM #5
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

Okay, so I put a voltmeter on the cap while I was pulling the trigger and had a considerable shoot down. It started at about 8.62v and through successive steps ended up at about 6.23v. This leads me to believe that something isn't charging right, or it's charging too slowly...what on the board would that be? I'm no electrical engineer or, well, any kind of electronics guy other than I know how to calculate some basic voltages and currents from physics.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Proud Pumper since 2011
Old 04-07-2013, 01:29 PM #6
nenkitsune

bad battery or a bad cap I would think would cause that. It should start at 16v then drop and charge back up to 16 quickly.

You made sure the cap is on the right way? maybe you got unlucky and it was a bad cap

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote