Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2013, 08:12 PM #1
grapenutz

? for rev-i owners

I just picked up a rev-I with teckt bolt engine. what are the best settings for optimal performance as far as dwell and everything else.
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

It is going to depend on a lot of things. If you are looking for a starting point, check my TechT vs. stock bolt thread.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:46 PM #3
GoblyGoop

I use dwell 12 and hpr at whatever speed. Do auto tune to get the bolt return
GoblyGoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM #4
Allenhowie

Normally you can drop dwell down to 12. my setup is 14 but each marker is different.
Allenhowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 PM #5
grapenutz

thanks for the input. Took it out this past weekend and she shot like dream. smooth, fast, accurate, and smooth.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapenutz View Post
thanks for the input. Took it out this past weekend and she shot like dream. smooth, fast, accurate, and smooth.
Good to hear. I've been looking at trying another type of marker (BL) but I just can't shake the gut feeling that my Rev-i is going to be just as good. The more I use it, the more I like it.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 AM #7
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Good to hear. I've been looking at trying another type of marker (BL) but I just can't shake the gut feeling that my Rev-i is going to be just as good. The more I use it, the more I like it.
I still use my Rev-I for events and practices. it drives my "new = better" teammates nuts. I just picked up a Closer and will probably still use the Rev-I, just like I did when I had the Rogue and Victory. I always went back to the DP marker.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:12 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
I still use my Rev-I for events and practices. it drives my "new = better" teammates nuts. I just picked up a Closer and will probably still use the Rev-I, just like I did when I had the Rogue and Victory. I always went back to the DP marker.
- The Victory......really, the V2 Vic......is the BL marker I was refering to in my previous post and keep eyeing when used ones come up. I don't know how well the new spool engine performs in a Vic but with the poppet engine (stock, proficiency, supercharged, whatevered...) does seem enticing just based on air efficiency alone. The Rev-i still gets plenty of shots off a fill for me though so I'm slowly talking myself out if getting one in the future since what I already have suits me just fine.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:51 PM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
No need to fix what isn't broken.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:52 PM #10
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
No need to fix what isn't broken.
QFT!!