Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2013, 03:54 PM #106
sithpb
last call for sin
 
sithpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: sterling,co
Annual Supporting Member
sithpb donated to help Peyton Trent
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
you would have to change pressure on any gun after changing bore sizes to keep the same fps.
__________________
2k4 lasoya / 2k5 / alias / Abomb / Russian Legion / ripper 2 / empire II / infamous / protege / vsc phantom

Originally Posted by msonic:
Pistol whipped with an ego
Ego frame bends, whip unsuccessful.

Originally Posted by cookie123 :
Maybe I Like It In The ***! Sexist www.aggressivesports.net
sithpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2013, 03:57 PM #107
RyanR
accuracy by volume
 
RyanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 416
 has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Efficiency, shot characteristics, etc.

Of course you don't have to do it, everything Planet makes is built to shoot almost regardless of how badly the user ****s up the settings. But if you're changing your bore size you probably care about this sort of thing. At any rate, I'm not going to get into an argument over nothing.
There's no arguing, he's misundertsood or been misinformed.

A different barrel or different bore will not damage your LV1.
__________________
"I never thought we'd have to check the guns for steroids" - Todd Martinez

IOG

Insight F/S
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:14 PM #108
Umami
AFK IRL
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Do a ctrl+f, you were the first to ever bring up damage.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM #109
RyanR
accuracy by volume
 
RyanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 416
 has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStrngDieStrng07 View Post
I just wouldn't want to mess up an LV1 in anyway after hearing that from hustlepb u know?


I'm trying to clear the air. You said you dont want to argue over nothing.. what are you grasping at straws for?
__________________
"I never thought we'd have to check the guns for steroids" - Todd Martinez

IOG

Insight F/S

Last edited by RyanR : 09-15-2013 at 07:38 PM.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:51 AM #110
HustlePaintball-com
www.hustlepaintball.com
 
HustlePaintball-com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Annual Supporting Member
HustlePaintball-com is an Ultimate field/store owner
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I'm just going to slide in here real quick -

Regarding the Pathogen Barrel delay (mainly the tips) we're anxiously waiting from the manufacturer and have been this entire time. Last shipment of tips ended up not being to our standards ie dings/marks AND some of the tips (almost at random) would not stay threaded onto the backs. Obviously this made us extremely frustrated..

We would like everyone to know the delay is NOT due to us not having ordered them - this is a straight up manufacturer delay. As I'm sure y'all saw, there's a render photo of the new barrel/tip (I actually just saw this for the first time over the weekend and I think they look stellar!!!!) that we're expecting very soon. Now, what does very soon mean..? Question of the hour unfortunately. I did receive a date but I think it was an ambitious date. BUT, to make up for the delay and to show you guys how much we appreciate your business and your excellent patience, for all of you that are waiting for that one 12in, or the 12 & 16 or just the 14in etc etc you'll be receiving the new 12, 14, AND 16 inch tips. We don't want you to have waited this long and then not have a matching barrel kit So again, you'll be receiving all three tips once they come in. We want to take care of everyone and it really bums us out that we're still waiting for some of these kit pieces. Even some of us in the office are still waiting for our tips just like you guys..

Please PM or Email us anytime regarding the Path kits or anything else

-Russell

-Also, sorry it took me a bit to post back in this thread.
__________________
Hustle Paintball YouTube - Look at our informational videos about paintball. Reviews, tactics, FAQs, opinions and more.
Email videos@hustlepaintball.com if you have ideas or suggestions for our videos.
Hustle Paintball Blog - Stay up to date by reading our blog.

Last edited by HustlePaintball-com : 09-16-2013 at 10:59 AM.
HustlePaintball-com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:59 AM #111
7paintball
Service at its best.
 
7paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lockport, IL
Stand up guys right there.
__________________
7pbA.com
ALL THINGS PAINTBALL & AIRSOFT
1143 E 9th St.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777


We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:06 PM #112
LiveStrngDieStrng07
[805]$SLOTOWN$
 
LiveStrngDieStrng07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Coast
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is BST Trusted
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlePaintball-com View Post
I'm just going to slide in here real quick -

Regarding the Pathogen Barrel delay (mainly the tips) we're anxiously waiting from the manufacturer and have been this entire time. Last shipment of tips ended up not being to our standards ie dings/marks AND some of the tips (almost at random) would not stay threaded onto the backs. Obviously this made us extremely frustrated..

We would like everyone to know the delay is NOT due to us not having ordered them - this is a straight up manufacturer delay. As I'm sure y'all saw, there's a render photo of the new barrel/tip (I actually just saw this for the first time over the weekend and I think they look stellar!!!!) that we're expecting very soon. Now, what does very soon mean..? Question of the hour unfortunately. I did receive a date but I think it was an ambitious date. BUT, to make up for the delay and to show you guys how much we appreciate your business and your excellent patience, for all of you that are waiting for that one 12in, or the 12 & 16 or just the 14in etc etc you'll be receiving the new 12, 14, AND 16 inch tips. We don't want you to have waited this long and then not have a matching barrel kit So again, you'll be receiving all three tips once they come in. We want to take care of everyone and it really bums us out that we're still waiting for some of these kit pieces. Even some of us in the office are still waiting for our tips just like you guys..

Please PM or Email us anytime regarding the Path kits or anything else

-Russell

-Also, sorry it took me a bit to post back in this thread.
Thanks Russel!

Hey…since you're here…can you please clear the air on a possible misunderstanding/misinterpretation regarding using a barrel back and front (like one from the pathogen kit) on an (*LV1 MARKER ONLY*)AFTER using the SHAFT 4? I was informed by Ben (I believe), that it's highly suggested to RESET THE MARKERS SETTINGS TO FACTORY before you swap out the Shaft 4 for another barrel.

****Also, can you please elaborate and explain the reasoning behind doing so for the sake of LV1 owners in this thread including myself? Again, this is regarding the LV1 MARKER ONLY. Thanks again man.
__________________
1 of 1 Kohn OG Deadpool Luxe 2.0d
Ninja 68/4500 Pro reg
Virtue Spire
1 of 24 GI SPORTZ EGO LV1 "Veni Vidi Vici"


GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:10 PM #113
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStrngDieStrng07 View Post
Thanks Russel!

Hey…since you're here…can you please clear the air on a possible misunderstanding/misinterpretation regarding using a barrel back and front (like one from the pathogen kit) on an (*LV1 MARKER ONLY*)AFTER using the SHAFT 4? I was informed by Ben (I believe), that it's highly suggested to RESET THE MARKERS SETTINGS TO FACTORY before you swap out the Shaft 4 for another barrel.

****Also, can you please elaborate and explain the reasoning behind doing so for the sake of LV1 owners in this thread including myself? Again, this is regarding the LV1 MARKER ONLY. Thanks again man.
This is really more of a question for the planet eclipse guys, don't you think?
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:12 PM #114
LiveStrngDieStrng07
[805]$SLOTOWN$
 
LiveStrngDieStrng07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Coast
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is BST Trusted
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post


I'm trying to clear the air. You said you dont want to argue over nothing.. what are you grasping at straws for?
Why are you still bringing me into the mix…I haven't said anything on the thread since you starting arguing with other people...

"I said I'm not with the drama so you can save the theatrical".
__________________
1 of 1 Kohn OG Deadpool Luxe 2.0d
Ninja 68/4500 Pro reg
Virtue Spire
1 of 24 GI SPORTZ EGO LV1 "Veni Vidi Vici"


GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:14 PM #115
SKI008
Fear my Join Date
 
SKI008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
 has been a member for 10 years
The LV1 isn't some super special ultimate gun that doesn't work like anything else out there despite what PE fanboys think. Yes it uses a nifty new mechanism to open the valve but the barrel isn't going to do anything to it that it doesn't do to other guns in terms of changing the velocity due to tighter/looser ball fit in the bore.

Every gun sees velocity differences when moving between bore sizes. I'm sure that's why Hustle suggested you resweetspot your gun. It's not because the LV1 will somehow explode if you don't or because the LV1 is some super high strung gun that can't handle a new barrel. It's because paint to bore match can make a huge difference in consistency and efficiency as well as velocity.
__________________
This line is in remembrance of Jared Wilson, friend and paintball teammate who died on 7/27/2005.
My Old Feedback +1/-0 |
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM #116
RyanR
accuracy by volume
 
RyanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: 416
 has been a member for 10 years
RyanR is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStrngDieStrng07 View Post
Why are you still bringing me into the mix…I haven't said anything on the thread since you starting arguing with other people...

"I said I'm not with the drama so you can save the theatrical".
Read the post above mine, that's why.

I was informing you, not arguing with anyone.. but just disregard everything I said.
__________________
"I never thought we'd have to check the guns for steroids" - Todd Martinez

IOG

Insight F/S

Last edited by RyanR : 09-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.
RyanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:20 PM #117
LiveStrngDieStrng07
[805]$SLOTOWN$
 
LiveStrngDieStrng07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Coast
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is BST Trusted
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
This is really more of a question for the planet eclipse guys, don't you think?
Hmm probably not because this is an open forum regarding the pathogen meteor barrel kit and I'm 99% sure HustlePB is the only company selling it and these guys pretty much are the planet eclipse guys haha. They are the ones I contacted and asked when I purchased my first planet eclipse gun, and to this day they have continued to help me out with my markers and tech questions. This is a question for the best and the only guys that (I personally believe) have an answer for MY question…..not yours.
__________________
1 of 1 Kohn OG Deadpool Luxe 2.0d
Ninja 68/4500 Pro reg
Virtue Spire
1 of 24 GI SPORTZ EGO LV1 "Veni Vidi Vici"


GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 PM #118
LiveStrngDieStrng07
[805]$SLOTOWN$
 
LiveStrngDieStrng07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Coast
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is BST Trusted
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Read the post above mine, that's why.

I was informing you, not arguing with anyone.. but just disregard everything I said.
Ok my B. This is why I hate texting…you can't tell the persons' tone, expression, etc. It's easy to jump to conclusions. We're all good man… Especially with that Todd Martinez quote haha. T.Martinez is one of the funniest motherf**kers and I have his voice on my Luxe..never gets old.
__________________
1 of 1 Kohn OG Deadpool Luxe 2.0d
Ninja 68/4500 Pro reg
Virtue Spire
1 of 24 GI SPORTZ EGO LV1 "Veni Vidi Vici"


GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:12 PM #119
HustlePaintball-com
www.hustlepaintball.com
 
HustlePaintball-com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Annual Supporting Member
HustlePaintball-com is an Ultimate field/store owner
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStrngDieStrng07 View Post
it's highly suggested to RESET THE MARKERS SETTINGS TO FACTORY before you swap out the Shaft 4 for another barrel.

****Also, can you please elaborate and explain the reasoning behind doing so for the sake of LV1 owners in this thread including myself? Again, this is regarding the LV1 MARKER ONLY. Thanks again man.
I'm assuming what Ben meant was something like the quote below.. Yes you *can* factory reset/re-tune your LV when you swap barrels but what it comes down to is the bore size/paint-to-bore-match. Every barrel is ever so different so it wouldn't hurt to re-tune your marker but definitely not needed.. The only thing you loose is like 5 minutes of your day when you do that. If you want your LV1 (or any marker really) to be as efficient as humanly possible then yes, highly recommend taking that 5 minutes are re-tune your LV1 to the barrel of your choice (bore size being the key). If you don't really care that your LV won't be super-mega-awesome-110%-efficient-max power-like.. then meh, swap around barrels/tips/bores however you'd like. The marker is still going to be awesome and efficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
The LV1 isn't some super special ultimate gun that doesn't work like anything else out there despite what PE fanboys think. Yes it uses a nifty new mechanism to open the valve but the barrel isn't going to do anything to it that it doesn't do to other guns in terms of changing the velocity due to tighter/looser ball fit in the bore.

Every gun sees velocity differences when moving between bore sizes. I'm sure that's why Hustle suggested you resweetspot your gun. It's not because the LV1 will somehow explode if you don't or because the LV1 is some super high strung gun that can't handle a new barrel. It's because paint to bore match can make a huge difference in consistency and efficiency as well as velocity.


I think we're all on the same page here - just coming from different perspectives lol

-Russell
__________________
Hustle Paintball YouTube - Look at our informational videos about paintball. Reviews, tactics, FAQs, opinions and more.
Email videos@hustlepaintball.com if you have ideas or suggestions for our videos.
Hustle Paintball Blog - Stay up to date by reading our blog.
HustlePaintball-com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:01 PM #120
LiveStrngDieStrng07
[805]$SLOTOWN$
 
LiveStrngDieStrng07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Coast
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is BST Trusted
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
LiveStrngDieStrng07 supports DLX Technology
Thanks a lot Russel for your intel…you've put my mind at ease, haha. I really appreciate it and can't wait to get my 16 and 12 inch fronts, oh wait…and a new 14 inch front! You guys are awesome…Take care.
__________________
1 of 1 Kohn OG Deadpool Luxe 2.0d
Ninja 68/4500 Pro reg
Virtue Spire
1 of 24 GI SPORTZ EGO LV1 "Veni Vidi Vici"


GEARBAG SALE

---ThaLuXeMoB---
LiveStrngDieStrng07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM #121
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Russel, are the new gen tips going to be available for sale separately?
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM #122
BatmanLiera
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveStrngDieStrng07 View Post
I can back up and confirm that they Don't fit (know for a fact NO on shaft 4). Also, if you're an LV1 owner and you want to use this kit, unfortunately you have to reset the gun to all it's factory settings before using a pathogen barrel bc the gun is so advanced, that it basically "adapts" to the bore size and dynamics of the barrel. Watch the HustlePB youtube video on the LV1...
Wtf?? The lv1 is that crazy??
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:38 PM #123
disturbed989
gun whore addict
 
disturbed989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Annual Supporting Member
disturbed989 supports Team VICIOUS
disturbed989 supports Bob Gurnsey
disturbed989 plays in the APPA D4 division
disturbed989 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
disturbed989 is Boss
disturbed989 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
Wtf?? The lv1 is that crazy??
No it's not.
disturbed989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:04 AM #124
HustlePaintball-com
www.hustlepaintball.com
 
HustlePaintball-com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Denver, CO
Annual Supporting Member
HustlePaintball-com is an Ultimate field/store owner
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HustlePaintball-com owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverlip View Post
Russel, are the new gen tips going to be available for sale separately?
They will be, yes!
Around $40ish I believe.
__________________
Hustle Paintball YouTube - Look at our informational videos about paintball. Reviews, tactics, FAQs, opinions and more.
Email videos@hustlepaintball.com if you have ideas or suggestions for our videos.
Hustle Paintball Blog - Stay up to date by reading our blog.
HustlePaintball-com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:50 AM #125
pmflexxx
You best not miss
 
pmflexxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MoCo, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
Wtf?? The lv1 is that crazy??
Oh jeez...

The original post suggesting the LV1 is hypersensitive to routine changes like bore sizing needs to be removed or edited heavily to avoid future confusion/rumors like this.
pmflexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:24 AM #126
liverlip
 
 
liverlip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bronx
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlePaintball-com View Post
They will be, yes!
Around $40ish I believe.
Awesome!
__________________
** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

][nvert User IS A THIEF
liverlip is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump