PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 AM #43
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by immaculation View Post
AKA can't produce an electro that's why they released the round body merlin kits. They have been pretty clear though over the years that it is just a side job, there won't be new tech.
I strongly doubt AKA/LMP will ever produce a new electro marker because the markers were just a sideline and for one other. I would bet a large pile of money the settlement agreement between SP and AKA forbids AKA/LMP and Alexander from producing an electro marker even if the allegedly-infringed patents are later invalidated or something similar.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 AM #44
$Praetorian$
VICIOUS Fanatic

$Praetorian$ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
$Praetorian$ supports Team VICIOUS
$Praetorian$ has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
No they didn't.

The Smart Parts bankruptcy has been the best thing that ever happened for the Gardners. They moved money and patents around, chopped a lot of dead weight, sold some IP that was good but expensive to produce, and looked good by "caring" about employees while flushing them.

Correct, GI Sportz, GI MilSim, etc are all their ventures. They've shirked the responsibility to assemble their products in the US and renamed/rebranded/cheapened the product that they've retained to maximize profits and get back in on the entry-level market. They also effectively ditched the reputation that went with the old name, and are the exclusive distributor for the "Machine Vapor" which was born of the ZR1 fiasco... Add Chris Cole to the list of people who have been burned.

Correct. There was quite a scandal a few years back when the "DLX Spokeswoman" account on PBN turned out to be a male Smart Parts employee using a photoshop'ed picture of a model as his avatar.

Again, I don't blame SP for what's gone on with AKALMP. Let's talk about Eclipse.
Weren't those Conversations... "open" when the Ego and Evil M were being produced? Since SP was about to really drop the hammer on AKA, Larry just basically sent a design to Jack basically saying "You didn't get this from me, but here is the Ego line for you"
WTB CHEAP Crossover!!
$Praetorian$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM #45
GR!MM
appalachian assasin

vikes are what other guns dream about

BOB LONG VICE NEAR MINT LOTS OF UPS $350

OG SANDANA SALE
GR!MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:20 PM #46
honorakr

honorakr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
in all honesty the newer high end marker are better. they have newer tech, newer research and are used by teams around the world. THAT does not mean the awesomeness of viking and excal is diminishing. they are markers with the most loyal fan base in paintball . they can compete with the majority of what's out there (especially in woods/rec ball). if you relate paintball markers to cars (i do) then the new guns are your aventadors' and 599s' while the viking and excals are the the old school miura and 250 gto , genesis, the start of the modern trend. lets face it paintballers are a tight knit bunch and if we aren't playing then we are probably looking at guns and nothing compares to owning a classic marker
honorakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:02 AM #47
gunhero5
Aim High - Don't Die

Annual Supporting Member
gunhero5 is a Moderator
gunhero5 is a Supporting Member
gunhero5 is BST Legit
gunhero5 supports Bob Gurnsey
gunhero5 supports our troops
gunhero5 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorakr View Post
in all honesty the newer high end marker are better. they have newer tech, newer research and are used by teams around the world.
Hmm, I wonder why that is?

It's because these companies are paying/giving these teams lots of money, equipment, and travel expenses. It's not about the 'newest and (supposedly) better" equipment. It's just a matter of which company is willing to put out the most money/equipment/benefits.

If AKA were still in business, I'm sure you'd see professional teams still using Vikings, Excaliburs, and Evil Ms.

Money talks. Even if the professional teams have to use horribly designed markers.

◢◤

The Complete AKA Vikings & Excaliburs Visual History
AKA Frames & Triggers Visual History

The Complete Autococker Parts and Building 101 Thread
gunhero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 AM #48
BlackWiddow
hillbilly ho downer

I don't think anything will match the feel of the excal. Seems one of a kind
Old 05-26-2013, 12:41 PM #49
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 is playing at Living Legends VII
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
lopez17 is Immortal
The Excals also use two solenoids to make it work. I believe that's part of what makes it such a smooth and precise marker. I have yet to shoot anything in paintball that has the same feel as an Excal.

It's important to note that AKALMP was a precision machine/metal shop before, during and after Viking/Excal production. Unlike every other marker today these were constructed/built with extremely tight tolerances and a high level of precision. It's a strong reason why the markers can be pulled out of closets after 5 years, oiled and shoot with precision. In many cases the solenoids and boards are generally unhappy long before the marker components experience issues. Vikings and Excals are just great markers whose run ended well before their time.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:29 PM #50
cvm973
Supra owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez17 View Post
The Excals also use two solenoids to make it work. I believe that's part of what makes it such a smooth and precise marker. I have yet to shoot anything in paintball that has the same feel as an Excal.

It's important to note that AKALMP was a precision machine/metal shop before, during and after Viking/Excal production. Unlike every other marker today these were constructed/built with extremely tight tolerances and a high level of precision. It's a strong reason why the markers can be pulled out of closets after 5 years, oiled and shoot with precision. In many cases the solenoids and boards are generally unhappy long before the marker components experience issues. Vikings and Excals are just great markers whose run ended well before their time.
They also weighed a ton which helps them have a smooth shot . Dm3s shoot very smooth yet weren't that tight tolerance wise and were open bolt.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:31 AM #51
magtaylor
AKA or die

magtaylor owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
magtaylor is for the Gunfight
magtaylor has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
magtaylor has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i have a 04 diet'd swirl featherlite and an 11 ego, and all the former non believers on my team now agree my viking shoots smoother quieter faster and all around better than any gun on the team. i never shoot my ego