Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-02-2013, 08:57 PM #1
LILBIGMIKE

04 JMJ Featherlite Excaliber Board Options

I am looking to get back into playing , and looking to get back my old JMJ Featherlite back from an old friend that has never aired it up since purchasing it from me. The gun is completely stock so i know it is the original board in it, I am interested in know if this gun will be able to be upgraded to the current ramping settings. I have only played with this gun on semi and that was back in 04 when i first purchased it.

If the current board is not capable of today's ramping setting what would be the best board that you would suggest? And are parts still readily available?

Mike Shows does not go paintballin, paintballin infers the possibility of defeat. Mike Shows goes mowing *****es faces!
LILBIGMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2013, 09:00 PM #2
KronicCocker

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I believe destructive customs can flash the was board to 2.0 which has ramping. If not the tadao esibu board is the newest board for it and from what I hear is top notch. Parts are still available through akalmp.com and destructive customs.com but they're site is down at the moment
KronicCocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM #3
LILBIGMIKE

Thank you i appreciate the response , i remember the popular thing at the time was the WAS board or tadao , just didnt have the need for it back then when semi was all i ever shot. Good to hear that they are still making parts / upgrade for these markers.

Mike Shows does not go paintballin, paintballin infers the possibility of defeat. Mike Shows goes mowing *****es faces!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM #4
skinnyfatguy
AKA-holic

skinnyfatguy is a Supporting Member
A Tadao board will have all of the current tournament modes. The Ebisu will work with the Excal and you can upload firmware updated through a USB cable. Some of the Musashi board will work referred to as combo boards, while the early ones are Viking only. These are a little cheaper, but you'll have to find them used and the board has to be sent in to have the firmware updated.

Unfortunately the WAS 2.0 firmware can only be used with Vikings so you're stuck with semi-only there. The Pandora board can be flashed for some ramping modes with the RMod code, but you need a VLink cable to do so and you also need the cable (and computer) to switch between modes.

Parts are still readily available; Destructive Customs is now the only authorized repair shop and have most anything you could need. There are also a number of highly experienced members of the forums here willing to help out and used parts can be found in the B/S/T forums.

Ps. You'll have to post some pictures of it when you get it back.

skinnyfatguy's Collection | My WTB List
MCB Feedback | Old PBN Feedback | CC Feedback | eBay Feedback

Last edited by skinnyfatguy : 06-02-2013 at 10:48 PM.
skinnyfatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:38 PM #5
LILBIGMIKE

will post pics when i get it, best part about it its never had a freak or any smart parts items on/near it lol

Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM #6
KronicCocker

Annual Supporting Member
I demand pictures damnit! I missed out on the fl excal on eBay due to family BBQ.. Show me yours!
KronicCocker is offline   Reply With Quote