Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 PM #1
anichols1
Cold Vengeance

anichols1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
anichols1 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anichols1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Etha trigger upgrade..

Anybody have the Violent Scythe trigger? searched for a thread with this in it couldnt find one. i like the stock trigger but dont have anything to compare it to. Is it worth the 37.49? hows it feel, or respond?
anichols1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 PM #2
xyzyx00
Title

I have one. I bought it hoping to eliminate the side to side play of the stock trigger...

first thing your gonna notice is that the shape is more dramatic, your fingers are gonna be a little further from the inside of the frame. second... after installing mine it still had a large amount of side to side play. I was able to slightly modify the frame to properly accept the Violent bearing cap and almost eliminate all the side to side play... I would be more than happy to send you pics if needed.

the only thing that was a bit odd was how i mentioned the dramatic shape of the trigger... at first i wanted my fingers closer to the frame but I eventually got used to it.

it is worth $38 ... ? well... eventually i got a nicer feeling trigger but with some extra work. IMHO You shouldnt have to mod your frame to get the trigger to work properly but i like to tinker w stuff so it really didnt bother me. you could spend an extra few $$ and get a MRT bolt or a smaller barrel back to better match paint but its all up to you.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 PM #3
anichols1
Cold Vengeance

thanks for the details brother. i was startin to wonder 68 views and no replies lol. i have a different bolt and springless kit and a barrel kit as well. Was wondering about the trigger and ape board dont really know if i want to change anything else as it shoots great for what i payed for it. but judging by your post i think ill leave it alone. thanks man.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 AM #4
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I bought the Violent trigger and was very under impressed. I could not believe that trigger cost that much money. The one nice thing about it was the bearings. The bearings in the Violent trigger actually work pretty well with the stock trigger. To modify my buddy's gun, we went to a local industrial hardware supplier and found the bearings that fit perfect for $5.30 each.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:19 AM #5
xyzyx00
Title

Hmm... Never thought of trying the bearings w the stock trigger. Gonna have to check it out
Old 04-02-2013, 11:49 PM #6
anichols1
Cold Vengeance

thanks for the suggestions guys. no new trigger for the etha it is.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 AM #7
Sherlok

Sherlok is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sherlok has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
I bought the Violent trigger and was very under impressed. I could not believe that trigger cost that much money. The one nice thing about it was the bearings. The bearings in the Violent trigger actually work pretty well with the stock trigger. To modify my buddy's gun, we went to a local industrial hardware supplier and found the bearings that fit perfect for $5.30 each.
Got any pictures or what size you guys grabbed?

Did you just pick up 2 bearings and slide them in? no bracket over top to hold them in place?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM #8
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I don't remember the size. We took the bearings out of the Violent kit with us and bought some the same size. They should be the same size as the bushings installed from the factory. We installed the bearings with the same hardware that is already in the gun.

Edit: I lied, I just talked to him. It's been a while since we did this. He said he had to make a spacer. He made it out of plastic using jewelers files and used the spacer in my gun as a template.

Last edited by Goshawk : 04-03-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote