Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:14 PM #1954
Hawke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
I never would have thought of that.
Apparently not since you are whining about what would otherwise be characterized as laziness.
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 PM #1955
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

monkeyhobo28436 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
I never would have thought of that.
You post to different threads on Pbnation on average 3x per day, how much time do you spend every day on the site?

Just go to the gym, or don't, but don't make excuses. People with much busier lives than yours find the time.

Last edited by monkeyhobo28436 : 11-07-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 PM #1956
The Wizard
BossPlaya.345

The Wizard has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Wizard has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyhobo28436 View Post
You post to different threads on Pbnation on average 3x per day, how much time do you spend every day on the site?

Just go to the gym, or don't, but don't make excuses. People with much busier lives than yours find the time.
Who are you to judge? My roommate is an undergrad bio/psych double major and he's so busy that he can only shower once a week.

(But srs that was his excuse for not bathing. I'm moving out cuz he really only showers once a week)

"Originally posted by Menace: my dad works for nasa and has a laser detector that reflects the laser back at the cop and makes his gun explode."

"Originally posted by ClawHammer: STI's are handed down by god himself, NOTHING is faster then an STI."
Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 PM #1957
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

We have a club member who is a math/physiology/biochem triple major and still finds time to train and (I assume) bathe.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:36 PM #1958
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:

I have an hour lunch break every day. Otherwise I wake up, go to class, come home, eat, and go to the library until midnight. Gym closes at midnight. Rinse, repeat. That is literally every single day except for weekends, which I spend time with my gf and go to the gym. But I'm just making excuses.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 11-07-2013, 07:54 PM #1959
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

monkeyhobo28436 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I'd bet you could probably spend one less hour at the library every day and still be fine. If you seriously need that much time then you could always finish studying or doing homework at home after the gym, or before class (wake up earlier), or on your lunch break if you don't want to sacrifice sleep.

Just sayin that it's not impossible. However maybe the gym isn't a priority for you right now, in which case you shouldn't be trying to make excuses.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:48 PM #1960
Hawke

Quote:
I have an hour lunch break every day. Otherwise I wake up, go to class, come home, eat, and go to the library until midnight. Gym closes at midnight. Rinse, repeat. That is literally every single day except for weekends, which I spend time with my gf and go to the gym. But I'm just making excuses.
So you're implying you have no leisure time whatsoever?

I run two student organizations, work part time, take 16 CR in engineering, and still have time to lift 4 days per week. My point is, you either want it or you don't. It's that simple.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:55 PM #1961
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
Pics or shens.

The only picture of me of the night. I got a lot of pictures taken with people dressed as batman but I didnt know who they were so if they uploaded them on facebook I wouldn't be able to find them. I probably got over 30 comments from people saying how they liked my costume and a couple people bought me drinks for it. I guess it was a big hit. The guy in the middle literally made that costume in like 30 seconds right before we left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
Awesome man. I'll have to think of some badass costume for showing off muscle for next year There are only so many tasteful ways of doing it.

I was in drag this year. Went with two other chicks as the "Golden Girls." Had never watched the show, so unfortunately they kept dropping lines and I was at a loss for words haha. Was fun anyway though.

Will have pics to back up claims.
hahaha thats awesome. Yeah I like the muscle show off costumes but next year I think I am going to make a deadmau5 head with lights on it. It seems like a fun project and a cool costume.

Last edited by paintballh00dlum : 11-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:48 PM #1962
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
For Halloween this year I was out in Minneapolis for training with 61 other new-hires from my firm. 6 of us went out in hotel bath robes, dress socks and dress shoes. Wound up going to some huge bar/club having a Halloween party.

Got a shout out from the the DJ to "those guys in the robes" bc we were KILLING IT on the dance floor.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 PM #1963
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That sounds awesome. I love Minneapolis I was there a few months ago.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:32 AM #1964
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
I'd bet you could probably spend one less hour at the library every day and still be fine. If you seriously need that much time then you could always finish studying or doing homework at home after the gym, or before class (wake up earlier), or on your lunch break if you don't want to sacrifice sleep.

Just sayin that it's not impossible. However maybe the gym isn't a priority for you right now, in which case you shouldn't be trying to make excuses.
I never made excuses. I simply stated how I wish I had more time in a day and have been exhausted over the last 5 weeks. I was able to lift 5 days a week the first week and a half of school. Then **** kicked into gear. I won't compromise on sleep, I won't compromise my grades, and I won't compromise my relationship. Next quarter is going to be even worse from what I hear.

Hawke- The only leisure time I get is during my hour lunch break and on the weekends when I see my gf. And the 45 mins I get before I go to sleep, like right now.

But anyway, that's my current life, diary.

"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 11-08-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:42 PM #1965
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Then instead of saying "oh I wish I had time blah blah blah" you say "well this just isn't my top priority right now and I'm going to have to put it on the backburner for a little while."

I didn't lift for over five months straight this year, and I barely trained until early August. I'm leaner than I ever have been (woke up at 183 today) and I'm set to completely destroy my total PR at a meet in nine days. You'll be just fine if you take a step or two back to focus on other ****. I promise.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:22 PM #1966
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Then instead of saying "oh I wish I had time blah blah blah" you say "well this just isn't my top priority right now and I'm going to have to put it on the backburner for a little while."
It's not about it being one thing "instead" of another. I do indeed wish that I had more time in a day to work out. That's all I ever said. But then people had to go off and make their assumptions. Granted, the assumptions made are often times the case. I'm not saying I'm perfect and blah blah blah, because I know there have been a couple times where I was just so tired and CHOSE not to go to the gym.

Love that grumpy cat costume btw. genius.

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 11-08-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:39 PM #1967
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Then just say that. The point is that we can only base our opinions off of what you say. Not all of us are following you around and tracking your every move.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:05 PM #1968
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

I am, actually.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
Old 11-09-2013, 05:45 PM #1969
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
I can't wait to go lift again. Coming up on 3 weeks off.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:52 PM #1970
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtybirdy51 View Post
I am, actually.
That's why I said "not all of us".
Old 11-10-2013, 11:23 AM #1971
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

lel
Old 11-10-2013, 08:32 PM #1972
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:38 PM #1973
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Old 11-11-2013, 01:26 PM #1974
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
I like the fat woman behind him giving him a full up and down.