PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 AM #1
tonymontona

tonymontona owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mapl event 1 layout?

will the layout be psp mao or dallas? id hope mao. some teams will play just for a really good mao practice
DELAWARE RELENTLESS
PRECISION PAINTBALL
EASTERN SHORE PAINTBALL PARK
tonymontona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2013, 08:26 AM #2
ClashDragon

ClashDragon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ClashDragon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ClashDragon plays in the APPA D4 division
dallas.

http://www.maplseries.com/field-layouts/
ClashDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM #3
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
As of now, it is Dallas.
dps093 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:20 PM #4
FlashZ33

FlashZ33 plays in the PSP
FlashZ33 plays in the APPA D3 division
It'd be great if they would change it to the MAO layout.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:32 PM #5
JoshPB2X
Capture the Impact!

has been a member for 10 years
JoshPB2X is a Paintball photographer
JoshPB2X donated to help Peyton Trent
JoshPB2X is playing at Living Legends VI
The more I think about it the more I think it's a fair question and not a bad idea at all, the only problem is the league has long-since put out information stating the layout for event 1 will be Dallas - that's what's on the website and that's what's been released. While I like the idea of using the upcoming layout for the aforementioned and obvious reasons, I'd hate to ruin it for teams who've been practicing on the Dallas layout for weeks. Doesn't seem super-fair to them, right? What's everyone else think?
JoshPB2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM #6
FlashZ33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshPB2X View Post
The more I think about it the more I think it's a fair question and not a bad idea at all, the only problem is the league has long-since put out information stating the layout for event 1 will be Dallas - that's what's on the website and that's what's been released. While I like the idea of using the upcoming layout for the aforementioned and obvious reasons, I'd hate to ruin it for teams who've been practicing on the Dallas layout for weeks. Doesn't seem super-fair to them, right? What's everyone else think?
I think it's fair. When the MAO layout is released, everyone gets it at the same time. No one has an advantage by being able to practice on it in advance. Simply put, the teams that are serious about winning would have been practicing on the Dallas layout to prepare for the event anyways.

I think this may attract more teams to compete in the 1st event as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 PM #7
Equinox34

Equinox34 plays in the PSP
Equinox34 plays in the APPA D4 division
So is event 1 dallas layout?
Equinox34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:12 PM #8
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox34 View Post
So is event 1 dallas layout?
As of now it is, but anything could happen.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 PM #9
tonymontona

it should be mao imo. itll draw at least a few more teams and is a good practice for mao. dallas layout is played out by now.
DELAWARE RELENTLESS
PRECISION PAINTBALL
Old 03-26-2013, 03:43 PM #10
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymontona View Post
it should be mao imo. itll draw at least a few more teams and is a good practice for mao. dallas layout is played out by now.
True, but the divisional teams that play MAPL but not PSP will have practiced on the layout for a month now, and then to have it switched up last second would be sort of hard to adjust, but either way, I don't really care what layout they use, I'm game for either or.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM #11
FlashZ33

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
True, but the divisional teams that play MAPL but not PSP will have practiced on the layout for a month now, and then to have it switched up last second would be sort of hard to adjust, but either way, I don't really care what layout they use, I'm game for either or.
If you need 2 months to learn a layout, you shouldn't be playing paintball. Did you know there used to be tournaments where they didn't release the layout ahead of time? To learn the field, you had to walk it the morning of the tournament?

Crazy, I know.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 PM #12
Booyahkai

has been a member for 10 years
Booyahkai plays in the PSP
Booyahkai plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashZ33 View Post

If you need 2 months to learn a layout, you shouldn't be playing paintball. Did you know there used to be tournaments where they didn't release the layout ahead of time? To learn the field, you had to walk it the morning of the tournament?

Crazy, I know.
The truth.

GUNS for sale{.http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post81408953
HUGE TANK SALE!!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3863046
Gearbag sale http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3654110
Booyahkai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM #13
tonymontona

Quote:

Crazy, I know.
the good ole days!
DELAWARE RELENTLESS
PRECISION PAINTBALL
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM #14
Gizzmo

Please don't forget that the PSP field release is "scheduled" the weekend of the MAPL event. It is tough to prepare for the first tournament of the season hoping there is not a delay in the release of the MAO layout. There are a lot of factors that have gone into the decision to use the Dallas layout, and using the MAO layout was a definite possibility as well as original MAPL layouts. In order to eliminate any potential snags in the success of the event, the Dallas layout will be used. As always any and all constructive feedback is welcomed and appreciated! Good luck to all the teams playing the MAPL this year.
Gizzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:28 PM #15
Gizzmo

Quote:

Crazy, I know.
Flash,
I agree with the history lesson, as there were many tournaments we had to walk 6-8 different fields not knowing which one we were playing! However I would like to address your first comment. The MAPL as well as other regional tournaments have many different divisions, including D5. Basically a beginners division. So it can do nothing but help some of these teams and players having as much time on a layout to learn not only the lanes, blind shots, breakouts,...etc but also actual game experience against other teams. I may not agree with the long amount of time that layouts are released, but I also remember when I started playing paintball; I like everyone else was not automatically great. With that being said, please do not post in the MAPL forum if you wish to continue to insult the players (new or old). It does nothing positive for the sport we love!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:54 PM #16
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:

Crazy, I know.
Yes, I knew that. But like Gizz said, there are lots of new beginners who are still learning the basics, so having a layout ahead of time to practice on will help them come tourney time. Either way, it doesn't matter to me, but the release date for the mao layout is the weekend of mapl event 1, so there would be too much going on to switch up the layout last second. The youngsters are important to the sport, without them, we have no future.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM #17
tonymontona

we wanted to play this event (possibly with two d2 teams) but im not sure it will happen. it will put us behind a whole day on the mao layout. only get 4 weekend days to practice on it and we can bet that most of the other d2 teams will be on it at least those 4 days. maybe we can make event 2
DELAWARE RELENTLESS
PRECISION PAINTBALL
Old 03-26-2013, 09:49 PM #18
FlashZ33

Quote:
we wanted to play this event (possibly with two d2 teams) but im not sure it will happen. it will put us behind a whole day on the mao layout. only get 4 weekend days to practice on it and we can bet that most of the other d2 teams will be on it at least those 4 days. maybe we can make event 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzmo View Post
Flash,
I agree with the history lesson, as there were many tournaments we had to walk 6-8 different fields not knowing which one we were playing! However I would like to address your first comment. The MAPL as well as other regional tournaments have many different divisions, including D5. Basically a beginners division. So it can do nothing but help some of these teams and players having as much time on a layout to learn not only the lanes, blind shots, breakouts,...etc but also actual game experience against other teams. I may not agree with the long amount of time that layouts are released, but I also remember when I started playing paintball; I like everyone else was not automatically great. With that being said, please do not post in the MAPL forum if you wish to continue to insult the players (new or old). It does nothing positive for the sport we love!
How is anything I said insulting? You must be a really sensitive gal.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 PM #19
FlashZ33

I'm simply giving constructive criticism. I'm a potential customer and I'm letting the MAPL know that I would have signed my team up for the first event if they decided to use the MAO layout.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 PM #20
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
Quote:

How is anything I said insulting? You must be a really sensitive gal.
You're talking to the guy who designs the layouts for the MAPL. Show a little respect.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:20 PM #21
Gizzmo

Quote:
Tony,
I completely understand where you are coming from. When the deal was finalized between the PSP and OXCC to host the second event we knew that the MAPL may be affected because of the time frame. Again, with the PSP layout not being released until the event weekend (maybe) we didn't want to take any chances. Best of luck to you and your team at MAO and hope to see you later this year.