Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2013, 04:56 PM #1
Crooked Shot

which gun is this? G3 or G3 spec r + info

Hey guys. Recently posted my dm6 up on pb for sale or trade. I got offered a G3 and a rotor. (not sure if regular or spec r verison) I've always heard bad about Dangerous power, but have never used or seen one in person to be a judge for myself. From there prices and the condition of this g3 it seams to be a good deal. Hears a picture of what it looks like, if you can tell me what it is?

Sorry bout the picture quality, this is what the guy sent me.

Gun seams in good conitions and is upgraded with a tech T bolt which I've heard a lot of good about (stock bolt is included) Can I have some information on the gun? I like how its so light and small, I want it but dont want to be buying a gun that I cant rely on. I see its capped at 13 bps for psp, I dont like that at all, what if i enter in a tournament and its set at 12.5? Ive heard of them acting up horribly in the cold? How efficient (try and be exact) smooth and quiet it will be. Ive also heard there consistency is very poor. I have no place to try one out, once i trade for it I got it, so I wanna know what im getting before I get it.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Crooked Shot : 03-24-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Crooked Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2013, 05:37 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Regular G3 (2008). the spec R has different milling, new board and trigger with an oringless bolt.

It wont do 12.5 unless you have an aftermarket board. The tect engine smooths it out enough to be very playable but it wont act like your DM as far as softness goes.

It will be a worlds difference as far as weight goes. Even the DM8 is a clunky monster compared to the G3

Im not sure if I would want to trade a DM for a G3.. although your DM is on the older side.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:39 PM #3
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

G3 with techt engine is around 130-150 these days. With the rotor, tack on another $80 or so I think. Sounds like a good trade but I think id stick with the DM.
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM #4
Crooked Shot

I thought they where going for about $200. I know itll be more efficient and lighter then my dm which is kinda what im looking for, from what i can tell i dont care for the board in it. How smooth and quiet will it be compared to by dm?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 PM #5
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Its been a while sense I shot a DM or a TechtG3. I want to say the DM will be softer but the G3 is not bad with the techt engine. Without the techt engine, your DM will smoke it.

You will deff want a new board. the stock board has no microswitch and just feels wrong compared to the high end guns. Remember, the DM is a $1000+ gun while the G3 was $300. It was never meant to compete with Dye but it is just as usable as the dm... it wont hinder you by any means. Its nice and light and the efficiency with the techt engine is not nearly as bad as stock.
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 PM #6
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
$200 is high end for them. I rarely see people pay that. I have the same color G3 with a techT engine, CP trigger, Dye asa, and an Eigenbarrel and I doubt anyone would pay $200 for it. DP has a bad rep (not warranted in my opinion), because some people do not like servicing their markers regularly. I actually like it because it's relaxing to me. I love my upped G3s. I own 2
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 PM #7
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

The re sale isnt bad honestly. The only gun to truely hold some value is the Luxe.

DM8 right now, $350-400 MAX. I had a hard time losing my DM8 for $350. $1200-1400 brand new, cant remember.)
Luxe 1.0 (competed with the DM8 when it was released) $600-800 depending on whos buying ($1500 brand new

G3 (2008) - $130-150 ($300 brand new
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 03-24-2013, 05:54 PM #8
Crooked Shot

Thanks for the input guys, i think he said hes got a micro switch board in one of his pms, im not sure he said he would message me tomorrow after work (midnight shift). If it does have an upgraded board should i go for it? Maybe even try to get a little more in the trade?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:56 PM #9
Crooked Shot

"the board is a lil tricky cuz its a switch board" he said this in a pm, is this talking about the stock or aftermarket board? I dont even know if you can tell lol
Old 03-24-2013, 05:58 PM #10
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

ask for a picture of the board and always see if they are willing to add cash or pay for your shipping.

Its hard to say man. I own a G3 still and did not like my DM8 but I also dont reallly use the g3 anymore. Some people are hell bent on DMs.
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM #11
Crooked Shot

I'll be sure to do that, I want to want this gun lol. I like my dm but im ready to mix it up. Does the gun feel pretty comfortable in your hands?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 PM #12
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

I like the feel. Its a little more compact than I like but its easy to gun fight with. It wont slow you down if your an experienced player
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 03-24-2013, 06:38 PM #13
Crooked Shot

If I where to enter a tournament or something and took this rather then my dm6 would I compete with egos eteks dms an bob longs and other guns like that?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM #14
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Shot View Post
If I where to enter a tournament or something and took this rather then my dm6 would I compete with egos eteks dms an bob longs and other guns like that?
12.5 bps capped pretty much makes sure any mid range electro can compete. What you are paying for is quality, ergonomics, looks and brand recognition when you get I to the higher end guns. Ask yourself... on a freeway with a speed limit and cops to make sure I can't speed what will get me there faster..a Lamborghini or chevy cobalt. Same applies here
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:51 PM #15
Crooked Shot

Speed is not the issue. Smoothness and quietness is what I'm concerned about. How likely the item is to break as well. That being said. What would win a dm an ego or a g3?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 PM #16
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Quote:
easily. I dont do any better with my brand new Clone GT than I do with my G3.
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 PM #17
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Speed is not the issue. Smoothness and quietness is what I'm concerned about. How likely the item is to break as well. That being said. What would win a dm an ego or a g3?
The player that was better would win. I hit people with $1000 plus guns with my $99 hammer pump.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:19 PM #18
Crooked Shot

Yeah I know its all who's better, but its like going from a Lamborghini to a camero. Yeah there both great but the Lamborghini is was better and once you have one its hard to step down, if you get what I'm saying. Am I gonna be saying damn this guns greats gold trade or man this peice of junk can't do anything. If you get what I'm trying to say.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM #19
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

I see what you are saying. Its hard to say. DM6 is pretty dated, I think you will like the trade but it wont be a crazy difference once you get into the game with it.
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 PM #20
Crooked Shot

Alright thanks guys maybe I'll trade this guy. If I wanna get a new gun in the long run will it be hard to sell this g3?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 PM #21
Yeti6669
www.YetiPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yeti6669 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
I see what you are saying. Its hard to say. DM6 is pretty dated, I think you will like the trade but it wont be a crazy difference once you get into the game with it.
This.

The dm6 is a good gun but it's heavier. You will like the DM trigger over the G3. It will just feel different because of the size difference, but the g3 is easier to fix.