Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM #1
886j

First time on sunday any tips?

I will be playing paintball for my first time on Sunday do any of you guys have any tips/ suggestions for me?
886j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2013, 09:48 PM #2
MichaelMag11

keep your gun up all the time, be cautious of your surroundings, communicate with other players on your team, don't be afraid to take risky moves, try to give yourself a low profile (no bright shirts or pants or anything excessively bulgy) never lift up your mask if not in a protected area. HAVE FUN!!!!
MichaelMag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:57 PM #3
robotboy

robotboy is playing at Living Legends VII
robotboy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
robotboy owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
robotboy has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Run, duck, crawl. Don't be afraid to get down and dirty.
robotboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:00 PM #4
Spartan29
Despicable as Daffy Duck

Spartan29 is playing at Living Legends VII
Spartan29 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Spartan29 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan29 supports Empire
ALWAYS Keep your mask on when you're on the field.
Don't lose your barrel plug.
Wear dark colors.
Sometimes when you get hit, the paintball just bounces off you and doesn't leave any splatter. You are NOT out. Look for any paint that may have gotten on you or ask a ref to check you for a hit.
Bring water or gatorade.
Have fun.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 PM #5
Spartan29
Despicable as Daffy Duck

Spartan29 is playing at Living Legends VII
Spartan29 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Spartan29 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan29 supports Empire
Oh and I almost forgot..

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and... Dodge!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 PM #6
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
All good advice here. I'll also add, don't over dress. More clothing sounds like a good idea to give you padding BUT....it will cause you to sweat a lot and fog up your mask. Usually rental goggles aren't the best so stay cool, stay hydrated and don't be afraid to bust some moves. You'll be shocked how much you can actually get away with. Oh and keep yourself behind cover......or moving to cover. Don't get caught in the middle being indecisive. Enjoy

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 AM #7
886j

Thanks for all the tips I appreciate it.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 AM #8
blockbeata
ya digg!

blockbeata owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
blockbeata has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
try not to pop off a round in your barrel condom...
i did that mistakenly my second day, never heard the end of it.

also, have fun!
thats what its all about.
blockbeata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:44 AM #9
jeepmudrunner517

jeepmudrunner517 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I would definitely recommend finding a group of players, preferably experienced, and striking up a conversation. Just talk and make friends. They'll be able to give you advice on your game and how to improve.

Once my sammich maker got pissed and broke me down physically and pointed out all of my flaws. I came back with "Yeah? Well you have a saggy *****."

She flipped her **** and didn't talk to me for a week."
jeepmudrunner517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:16 PM #10
thpike
Battle Buddy

Annual Supporting Member
thpike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike supports Empire
If you do bring more clothes, not sure what the climate is like where you live, then make sure you can take them off. Layers aren't a bad thing, we always say that here in Michigan. I would also bring your own water and maybe some power bar food stuffs. Just easy to eat and keep you going. Just have fun! Totally worth an afternoon!
thpike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:16 PM #11
Deviox
Looks like a I4

Deviox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Deviox plays in the APPA beginner division
Deviox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Deviox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As stated previously, wear loose dark clothing, as Paintball isn't meant for tight clothing, even fitted clothing rather. Don't take **** from regulars, because most likely there will be some prick with a Bob Long shooting uncapped. Just be focused on keeping your mask on, and having fun. ALSO hydrate frequently.

If you have questions about this sport, PM me!
"Originally posted by neweraballer76: Oh ****ing Christ. Get the tin foil before the CIA get in your brain."

Limited Edition Dynasty Draco Luxe 2.0

Embers Darted Ego 11
Deviox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:21 PM #12
syrus55pit

I am 40 years old and just started playing speed ball and I am hooked. It is one of the most addicting things I have ever done. For your first time out bring plenty to drink and do not be afraid to be aggressive.
syrus55pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:05 AM #13
886j

Thanks a lot
Old 10-05-2013, 01:49 PM #14
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D4 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Always keep your mask on while on the field. Always use a barrel sock coming off. I always see people breaking these rules and they are simple.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
***ONE OF A KIND G6R***
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:57 AM #15
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Sunday tends to be the more hardcore crowd. You'll most likely learn a lot more as you play because as you experiment with different moves they won't let you get away with mistakes, and there will be a lot more guys there to give you good advice.
Though, at some fields it gets annoying as you have to wait a few games because there are people there having "team practice" and will hog the field.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:00 PM #16
886j

Thanks this info will help me a lot really thanks.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:09 PM #17
886j

I think I will change plans to two weeks from now hopefully on a saterday based on that info thanks a lot.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM #18
Sunshine-J

keep your gun pointed at the target you are shooting at as much as possible, even when you are behind your bunker/house/woodpile/or whatever it may be. Don't be afraid to get hit and have fun.
Sunshine-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:18 PM #19
Kolds

Kolds owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Kolds has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kolds supports Empire
HAVE FUN! #1 rule, if you don't take the time to have fun then you wasted your money.
PE Etek 3Lt, Stock, Cobalt/black
PE Etha, Stock, Black/black
Invert Mini, Relay ASA, CF Stiffi 14" barrel

" We must stand united as brothers against this front of haters, and to they WILL fall to our superior arms and beg us only for mercy as we hand them the paper towel of defeat!" ~ Me
Kolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:39 AM #20
Kalibishop
Kalibishop

Kalibishop has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would add don't be afraid to waste paintballs, they are meant to be shot and any you bring home your going to have to religiously rotate. So let em fly I say. I'm not advocating wasting paint, just if you remotely think you have a chance to take someone out let the balls rip.

Also don't be intimidated by some guy with a fancy marker, when we first started 14 years ago we were outgunned much worse than today.
Kalibishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:36 AM #21
Coenen
K-K-k-k-YEAH!

has been a member for 10 years
Coenen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Coenen supports Team VICIOUS
Coenen plays in the APPA D4 division
Coenen has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
First and foremost, safety. The fun will pretty much take care of itself, being safe though is your personal responsibility. Listen to staff, apply what you hear.

The first time you get hit, resist the urge to lift your mask. I know it sounds ridiculous, and I have no idea why people do it, but it happens. If you don't do it, I can pretty much guarantee you will see someone who does.

From a clothing standpoint, wear comfortable clothes that give you full range of motion, and can take a beating. Bring a hat, wear it backwards, put your mask on over it. Rental masks are sometimes tough to get fitting tightly, and often like to slide down the back of your noggin. The bill of that backwards hat will keep your strap, and your most important piece of protective gear right where it belongs. Do you have a set of cleats? Wear them.

Have a couple of old towels or rags in your bag. They will come in handy one way or another. If you like to keep your vehicle clean, bring extra clothes for the ride home. Don't be embarrassed, you are FAR from the first person to change in the field's parking lot. Water and food have been covered. Even in pleasant weather you will get dehydrated, bring some high quality H-2-O.

Playing. Gun up, body facing down field. You can't shoot anyone with your gun pointing down, and your back to your bunker. Using a rental gun? Double tap. If you don't hit someone with the first couple balls, you're probably not going to hit them. Pull twice, gauge the results, pull twice more. Having trouble hitting a guy? Move closer. Long ball eliminations are fun, but REALLY impractical. If your shots can barely reach the target, move closer. Don't worry about the bad guy being able to shoot you if you move closer, he's usually too worried about YOU shooting HIM to do anything about it.

Don't panic.

Try stuff, especially early in the day. Go out there, and go right at it in game one. The worst thing that happens is that you get hit and have to wait for game 2. You can't really embarrass yourself because you're new, and to be honest, people are expecting you to make a bonehead mistake or two. The more stuff you try, the quicker you'll begin to figure out what does and doesn't work. As an added bonus, "regular" players are more likely to reach out to a guy they see actually participating in the game and trying to learn.

You're panicking, don't panic.

That move you're thinking of trying? You could've done it by now...and now...and now. Nothing is more frustrating than watching a player stick his head out of his bunker for 30 seconds trying to decide whether or not to make a move that will take 2 seconds. That guy who you think is looking right at you? He probably isn't looking. Fire a couple balls at him, and go. Not all moves have to be big moves. In fact a couple of small, easy moves, can easily add up to one big, difficult move.

Off the field, make friends. Paintball players pretty much all love talking about paintball. Ask questions, engage other guys off the field. Be polite. Yes, you can touch/hold my marker if you'd like, yes you need to ask first. Don't know what kind of gun/hopper/barrel/whatever that is? Don't guess, just ask. For the love of God, don't ask what it cost.

Wondering how good a player is? Here's a handy guide for you...

That should get you well on your way to having a good first day out. Welcome to the game, and enjoy your time here!
...and it's gone.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote