Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 AM #1
Stitch-GoblinsPB
Glowing Goblins Paintball

Stitch-GoblinsPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Stitch-GoblinsPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
How many play ONLY pump?

I started playing pump last summer to save money when going to my local field for some rec-ball on saturdays, but whenever I went to a big game or scenario, I use my Azodin Blitz.

I noticed my game play improved a lot playing pump as I was more aggressive, paid attention to playing angles, and actually took time to aim my shots. Problem is, whenever I get my Blitz in my hands, I turn back into a trigger-happy bozo using accuracy-by-volume tactics instead of smart play.

I can't keep that smart-play mindset when a touchy double-trigger is involved. Case in point, at OXCC on the 16th, I burned through a full hopper and four full pods in the first 20 minutes of the game. That's around 700+ paintballs! Yes, I got eliminations, but the cost was very high.

I got to thinking this morning that maybe I need to ditch the electro-semi all together and go strictly pump. It'll be a huge savings in cost for paint, and I think it'll keep me in the right tactical mindset.

How many of you guys are pump-only and play big games and scenarios?
Do you have any problems being a valuable asset to your side in big games where a lot of paint is flying? For example, defending a flag station from an opposing team rush, or fighting your way into a structure.
www.goblinspb.com
Glowing Goblins on Facebook
Glowing Goblins Youtube Channel

Linglestown Paintball, Valken Paintball, Zephyr Paintball, Tag-Z.com, Empire Paintball
Stitch-GoblinsPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
I didn't think of myself as strictly pump, but all my semis are either collecting dust or getting loaned out. The last time i used a semi was a month or two ago, but not out of choice - cup seal came loose in my pump, and the semi was the only other gun i brought.

In light of that, i'd have to say i'm strictly pump now. Just don't have any interest in playing semi anymore.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM #3
hopperdropper

hopperdropper is playing at Living Legends VI
hopperdropper is attending Decay of Nations VI
I only play pump. I play stock class w/ my phantom and open class with my CCM T2. I feel like I have more than enough firepower with my T2 in big games. The only issue I run into when playing with my phantom is if we get into thick brush I can't fire a few balls real quick to try to get one through. My T2 fixes that issue and I can get a couple off real quick into the brush and hope one makes it.

I was pretty much the same way as you and always kept an electro around until last year. I got rid of my last one and haven't regretted it at all. It was my last crutch lol
Old 03-22-2013, 11:54 AM #4
Phantom_Dave

I play pump about 98% of the time. Use my S6 everyone, even speedball. I have an Ego 07, but it stays in the truck. Run paint threw it just to keep it running ok. Looking at picking up a VSC to get back into playing stock also.
Phantom_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 PM #5
Sh00t2Thrill

Sh00t2Thrill posts videos on PbNation
Sh00t2Thrill supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch-GoblinsPB View Post
How many of you guys are pump-only and play big games and scenarios?
Do you have any problems being a valuable asset to your side in big games where a lot of paint is flying? For example, defending a flag station from an opposing team rush, or fighting your way into a structure.
I own only pump guns. When I need to play in a regular semi tournament I borrow or buy and then sell the gun I use.
I play a lot of big games strictly with a pump and I have to say I don't find it to be a problem at all. In fact having a lighter load-out on a big scenario field means I am often less fatigued then the 10 pod toting semi players. I often make really fun high-risk/high-payoff moves because being shot out and having to walk all the way back to respawn isn't such a big deal with lighter load-out. I really feel I get the upper hand in a lot of situations simply because of the lighter weight. And yes, in the end you want that high volume of paint for the big battles but that's what teammates are for.
Sh00t2Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:38 PM #6
Pirhana1992

I usually only play pump just because my field has alot of new players and I don''t like to overshoot plus I just love playing pump. I only use an electro if I'm getting shot up alot.
Pirhana1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:57 PM #7
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE

Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I only play pump when mine is working lol.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:25 PM #8
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
mister2driver plays in the APPA D4 division
mister2driver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
mister2driver supports Empire
I strictly play pump as well as my team. AT isn't a bad thing, just use more control. A day of practice I used about a bag and a half. In rec-play I use less than a bag. It's a dicipline that can be learned. Just keep at it and you'll be fine.

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

mister2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM #9
Pyrate Jim

If I were to break down my playing habits, it would be:
60% Pump
38.5% Stock Class
1% Semi (never Electro)
The last 0.5% would be no marker at all.

I only pull out the semi's when situations warrant it, usually the final battle when I have to use up field paint I purchased but didn't use in the pumpgun during the game.
(I play a lot of scenario.)
And occasionally role-playing may require me to be a heavy-hitter, using something meant to intimidate the other team.

While using a pump is my preferred style 98.5% of the time, I don't limit myself exclusively to any one method.
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 PM #10
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
Bartman is a Supporting Member
Bartman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bartman is playing at Living Legends VII
I am pretty sure I only play pump now, occasionally I think about borrowing a semi, then I shake my head.

Its not that I wouldn't its that I like to ply with what I know and I feel comfortable with.

Bart
Devils Brigade
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:47 PM #11
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
In 2010 I was deployed to Iraq. I spent most of my money buying nice markers and the like. I purchased a brand new ATT Ego 11, CCM S6.5P, CCM S6, PE DC2 (which I pumped), and a vsc phantom. I played one game with the EGO11 and the rest was pump. Sold all my gear in 2011, and the marker I missed most was my 6.5. There is just something about pumps that I love. Weather its saving some cash, being different, the under dog, simplicity, style of play, or nostalgia of it, I can't explain. And probably never will

Since I'm getting back in, most of my buddies are trying to talk me into semi, and I just can't.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 PM #12
oldschool45

I own 2 Phantoms (both modified stock class) and a Classic Automag(also stick fed).
I completely agree with Sh00t2Thrill on the weight issue.
I also like using Pump Ramp (auto trigger) when shooting crappy paint or I need to get a point across.
The Automag comes out when either I loan out a Phantom or when my mobility is limited. By limited mobility I mean ****ing MUD. If you can't move because of conditions you loose a lot of "pump tricks" for leveling the field against semi's.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:59 PM #13
camstan9

camstan9 supports Team VICIOUS
What do I have:up'd mini
Custom sniper

What I use :custom sniper

Why:cost effective,freaking amazing feeling when you gog that douche with an ego
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 PM #14
Stitch-GoblinsPB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate Jim View Post
...I only pull out the semi's when situations warrant it, usually the final battle when I have to use up field paint I purchased but didn't use in the pumpgun during the game...
That's something I hadn't thought of... since so many scenario games have a big final battle, that is a good way to burn off the last of the field paint.

Thanks everyone for your feedback... so far I'm getting that the increase in mobility equals or even outweighs having the extra volume of paint to send down field.

www.goblinspb.com

Linglestown Paintball, Valken Paintball, Zephyr Paintball, Tag-Z.com, Empire Paintball
Old 03-22-2013, 10:21 PM #15
inferno2inferno

Tournament wise I only play speedball, same when I hit the speedball field recreationally. However, whenever I go play scenario I always play pump for some reason; it's just more fun in the woods and I can't put my finger on why, but always in the woods I break out a pump marker
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM #16
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
At scenarios I use my s6.5 for the open and final game, but for the rest I use my phantom. Buy one case and I have paint left over. Only time I use my g6r is when I have team practice for PSP because they won't let me use my pump...this is like once every other month though...
Old 03-23-2013, 03:17 PM #17
drgonzo
Half-cocked

I played my first semi game in a couple years last weekend. Then went back to pump.

I'd guess 99% pump.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 PM #18
Hawkeye20
What's a batteries?

Hawkeye20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hawkeye20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I do

I own:

Two stock class pistols (sheridan and nelson), two open class snipers (with a WALZ stick feed to make them modified stock class when I feel like mixing it up).
Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM #19
Oldandsneaky
Still My Pump Badge

Annual Supporting Member
I'm on the threshold of pump only. I played pump with my cocker all day, and honestly had the best day ever. Didn't even think about picking up a semi. Only guy on the field with a pump (and the oldest!).
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:40 PM #20
Stitch-GoblinsPB

The funny thing is, at my home field, I've kind of become known as "the pump guy", but whenever I go to a big game or scenario I feel the need to get happy fingers and spray paint all over creation.

You guys really have me thinking going all-pump is the way to go.
www.goblinspb.com

Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 AM #21
Bump_Pitch

Bump_Pitch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump_Pitch has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I only play when I'm on the recball field, but switch it back up for tournaments and practices
Bump_Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote