Old 03-19-2013, 09:07 PM #1
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
NTran owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
187: Having SERIOUS FUN

If anyone watched our match against X Factor then you probably heard Matty and Todd taking digs at our team after BJ's interview.

BJ was asked if we felt the pressures of being regulated and he responded:

"No pressure at all. We're just here to have fun We're here to win games and keep up here with the Pro division"

BJ was just relaying a message we have been having with each other to stay in the right mental state and not get too tight before the match. Unfortunately, these interviews happen during a match and sometimes what you feel and what you say don't necessarily translate correctly.

It gets me angry to see that one statement can change the perception of how hard we have all worked to get here.

ANYONE who has ever spoken to us should know how SERIOUS we are to win. EVERYONE on the team worked their ***** off to get to this level.
We have a good time at events but we know we are here for business.

ANYONE that watches our game can see that we fight every single point.
We can be down 6-0 with one minute left in the game and we will go out and try to win 7 points still. You will never see us laying down at the end.
5on5, 4on5, 3on5. We expect to come out and win points and win matches.

Our mentality is that we play to win and if we lose its because there is no one left alive to fight.

No matter what though we are still having FUN but that doesn't mean we aren't SERIOUS. There's no way you can play this sport without having FUN especially since we pay money in order to play.

For us, its FUN to try to become the best, it's FUN to come to practice and improve. It's FUN to compete against the best teams in the world.

We will always work hard to be better and be the best. That's what makes it FUN.

I've watched all our games this past event at least 3-5x each. There are clearly a lot we need to work on to get better from playing to managing to coaching to organization. It's okay to say that we played poorly or we made poor coaching decisions. We obviously make a lot of mistakes or else we'd do better.

WE PLAY HARD EVERY TIME.

Hopefully our fans will be at MAO to show their support because we are going to play and put on a show and get back into the CHAMPIONS division.

I've said before, our goals are not to stay in the CHALLENGERS division, its to win in the CHAMPIONS.

So yeah, come to MAO. We are going to be showing everyone how much FUN we have.
UpTon 187 cRew - #4, Coach/Manager
Fox 4 Paintball * Planet Eclipse * G.I. SPORTZ

PM me if you want to set up a TEAM Clinic or INDIVIDUAL Clinic with 187.
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 PM #2
thepaintballkidd
Fluffy Ninja

thepaintballkidd supports Team VICIOUS
thepaintballkidd plays in the APPA beginner division
thepaintballkidd supports DLX Technology
thepaintballkidd supports Empire
You just need to find the perfect balance between the two, then you are golden.
thepaintballkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM #3
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
We all know you guys work hard.

I really dislike the mid-game "interviews" they were doing. They need to stop that ****. It adds nothing significant to the webcast, and only serves to distract you guys from the game you should be 100% focused on. They should leave the goddamn teams alone when they're playing and let them focus.

I'd love to see someone go out to be interviewed and shout "I'm trying to win a ****ing game here!" and walk back in the pit.

NEPb - Destructive Customs - Feedback: Old New - Stuff for sale

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:32 PM #4
EMSGuy24
no

EMSGuy24 plays in the PSP
EMSGuy24 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
We all know you guys work hard.

I really dislike the mid-game "interviews" they were doing. They need to stop that ****. It adds nothing significant to the webcast, and only serves to distract you guys from the game you should be 100% focused on. They should leave the goddamn teams alone when they're playing and let them focus.

I'd love to see someone go out to be interviewed and shout "I'm trying to win a ****ing game here!" and walk back in the pit.
EMSGuy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM #5
amontoya

i like to have fun
amontoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM #6
stingi17
Stay Ruthless.

Annual Supporting Member
stingi17 plays in the PSP
stingi17 supports our troops
stingi17 is an NCPA player
stingi17 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
stingi17 plays in the APPA D4 division
stingi17 is Boss
Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 AM #7
WhiteWilly
LACE UP!!!

WhiteWilly plays in the PSP
WhiteWilly plays in the APPA D3 division
Anyone who knows the team, knows how hard they work and grind every week striving for excellence. Keep it up boys no one said it would be easy.
Worcester Rush - #11
AllStarr Paintball, Fox4 Paintball

IMPOWER CLOTHING CO.
WhiteWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM #8
CSchaffs
I'm a Rooster Illusion

CSchaffs owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I can't wait to watch you guys at MAO. I need to get myself one of those superfan shirts
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM #9
paintballbj11
BJ

paintballbj11 is a Professional paintball player
paintballbj11 plays in the PSP
paintballbj11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballbj11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballbj11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
not to mention i have always been bad at interviews...

i have been meaning to send something like this to matty and todd on FB so its nice that i can just forward them this. i have always been trained to not crumble under the pressure by not feeling the pressure. so while we always know that the pressure is there it does not affect our play because mentally we are thinking about the game, the moves, and the field... not about what is at stake.
upTon 187 cRew #01
are you in a video game?
paintballbj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM #10
pgFILMS*
iMakeVideos

pgFILMS* posts videos on PbNation
media always twisting words whether it be a Manti Te'o interview or Brian Jenkel interview...
Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 PM #11
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
calvman is BST Legit
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
I recall that interview and the following bit of nonsense commentary that followed it. Not that I know any of you guys personally or been to your practices, but I know you guys have to put forth a herculean amount of effort to make practices happen in the winter. I kept thinking if the pba guys had any idea of the commitment you guys put in from clearing snow off the airball field and playing in subartic weather, they'd know there's no question about the desire you have for being the best damn team possible.

Can't wait to see you guys play at MAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
I'd love to see someone go out to be interviewed and shout "I'm trying to win a <del>****</del>ing game here!" and walk back in the pit.
loldot.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 PM #12
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
NTran owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgFILMS* View Post
media always twisting words whether it be a Manti Te'o interview or Brian Jenkel interview...
I don't think they twisted what bj said. I think bj just misspoke. I probably would have said some of the same things as Todd and Matty.

I just didn't like that one phrase could break down the work we put in to get here.
UpTon 187 cRew - #4, Coach/Manager
Fox 4 Paintball * Planet Eclipse * G.I. SPORTZ

PM me if you want to set up a TEAM Clinic or INDIVIDUAL Clinic with 187.
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM #13
pgFILMS*
iMakeVideos

pgFILMS* posts videos on PbNation
true
Old 04-09-2013, 03:59 PM #14
ctpaintballa42

If you are not having fun playing paintball, it doesn't matter what level it is, then you are wasting your time. There are times when failures make you question what you are doing, time spent away from work/family/vacations, but if you truly love this sport and are competitive you will stay on the grind.

I think people overreacted to BJ's comment, plain and simple. I dont think people really understand how much work goes into getting to this level and how much time each player on 187 actually commits to getting better. Whether its in the gym or drills when they aren't practicing as a unit, this takes a lot of time and energy out of the lives of people who have full-time jobs/students/etc.

So when BJ said we want to have fun, he was right. You have to play loose, you have to play without the pressure, and you have to play like this to win. What he means by fun is everything that goes with the team; the grinding all winter, the practices far away, the time spent together as a team bonding and becoming good friends, these are the things that make paintball fun. Its not so much the sport itself (while it is a hell of an andrenaline rush) but the people who you play it with and the experiences you gain from it. Thats what makes 187 so great; Dave has really never reached out to pros to help lead his team, and in doing so has created a niche of players who have the desire to get better and work as a team to battle in the pro circuit.

All I am saying is that its been 6 events in pro for 187; 187 has proved themselves capable multiple times, and it will just take time and experience for that to grow into being a regular on Sunday. I wish a good luck to Dave and the team at MAO. I have a feeling you won't stay in the Challengers division for long.