PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM #22
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So... you've shot the Impulse then? Literally everything here is based on conjecture. Maybe it will suck, maybe it will be amazing. At this point the beta testers and XSV are basically the only players that have any idea.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 AM #23
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
That solenoid issue never forced a "revision" in the version of the minis though. I am sure that was a quality issue, not a design issue. All said, this wasn't started from ground zero like the mini (which zds shows even the mini had a predecessor the king cobra). The impulse should just be a new evolution of the SP impulse design with improvements in the valve. The mini poppet is balanced of sorts so I really think it's not that fetch technology wise. I think the JT impulse will work fine, but may not necessarily sell well.
I think it will quickly evolve to give the ego a run for its money and we get to watch and benifit from Kee and Eclipse having an "arms race," however, I am reserved in calling this brand new gun better than the LV1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
So... you've shot the Impulse then? Literally everything here is based on conjecture. Maybe it will suck, maybe it will be amazing. At this point the beta testers and XSV are basically the only players that have any idea.
You'll notice at no point in time did I ever say how either gun shot. I don't know, if I did know I would say so, however, I unlike some members of pbn I don't pretend to know things I don't. I said earlier, I am a cynic, I view an item as unimpressive until something it does impresses me.
I haven't claimed to know how the valve will work on the impulse, only that balanced valves haven't worked before, and judging by the video empire isn't marketing it based on tech anyway.

Maybe it does shoot better, I don't know and don't pretend to know, however, right now the LV1 seems to be more technologically advanced than the impulse.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-19-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:41 PM #24
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
I think it will quickly evolve to give the ego a run for its money and we get to watch and benifit from Kee and Eclipse having an "arms race," however, I am reserved in calling this brand new gun better than the LV1.

You'll notice at no point in time did I ever say how either gun shot. I don't know, if I did know I would say so, however, I unlike some members of pbn I don't pretend to know things I don't. I said earlier, I am a cynic, I view an item as unimpressive until something it does impresses me.
I haven't claimed to know how the valve will work on the impulse, only that balanced valves haven't worked before, and judging by the video empire isn't marketing it based on tech anyway.

Maybe it does shoot better, I don't know and don't pretend to know, however, right now the LV1 seems to be more technologically advanced than the impulse.
Fair points, Im excited to shoot the LV1 and see how much of an improvement it is.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:36 PM #25
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
LV1 is a far better gun by the impulsle.

The LV1 is hands down most advanced paintball gun produced thus far.

Quote:

You call the brand new gun "far better" than the other brand new gun... The LV1 has more to prove. I see nothing that suggest it is far better than even other egos, let alone guns that really are far better than previous generation egos.

Again, how are you defining advanced? I don't really see the lever as being all that advanced and the seat to seat times are somewhat arbitrary anyway. I see balanced (and decreasing force) poppets as more technically advanced. My rationale is that the spring and lever is still mechanically biased whereas the balanced system is pressure stabilized. If the impulse can achieve a reliable seal while still allowing minimal opening force then it still has more potential. The inertial transfer through the lever just controls the effect uni-directionally unless the rammer itself is biased. Not to get to enginerdish but both have interesting design features and I don't really see the LV1 as "advanced" as maybe some other people seem to.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM #26
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I would like to know how much Simon was involved with the impulse, and get a look at the manual/ valve. We could say with a high degree of confidence how fixed or unfixed the balance valve is then. The style of valve they used is difficult to fix.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:19 PM #27
BatmanLiera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I would like to know how much Simon was involved with the impulse, and get a look at the manual/ valve. We could say with a high degree of confidence how fixed or unfixed the balance valve is then. The style of valve they used is difficult to fix.
so does this relate to difficult maintnance
p.s i want a lurker bolt for my axe pm me wer to send paypal money
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:20 PM #28
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
I've been wondering why they showed so much about the Vanquish while the Impulse was just... there. Wanted to keep it from stealing the Vanquish's thunder I guess.

Hopefully there'll be a full reveal and breakdown from Kee soon.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:24 PM #29
BatmanLiera

Quote:
I've been wondering why they showed so much about the Vanquish while the Impulse was just... there. Wanted to keep it from stealing the Vanquish's thunder I guess.

Hopefully there'll be a full reveal and breakdown from Kee soon.
yea i think thats true vanquish has shooting vids and effiency and breakdown and impulse nothing and resurection nothing no shotinf or effiency or breakdown
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 PM #30
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

Annual Supporting Member
WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
WP2015 posts videos on PbNation
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
Quote:

LN Vanquish 1.5 For Sale! CHEAP!
LN D'Fender FS/T
PM me about new D'Fenders too!
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:23 AM #31
ninjagummibear69

ninjagummibear69 plays in the PSP
ninjagummibear69 plays in the APPA D3 division
BTW Eugene stoner sold the design to colt because the united stated government couldn't afford To buy his design. The first design was also piston driven and not gas inpingement as well. Also the first design was in 7.62, stoner didnt believe in the smaller caliber that's the reason why armlite still makes the ar10. The navy seals used the original stoner design for years with no flaws in Vietnam. So until colt got ahold and made the first gen m16 there were no issues. Just like the whole not having to clean it ing rumor as well.
ninjagummibear69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 PM #32
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
LV1 hands down. Impulse not in the same league.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM #33
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklight View Post
LV1 hands down. Impulse not in the same league.
As much as I am expecting this to be true at this point, nobody really knows this at all.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 PM #34
cocotaro831

I really want JT's gun to be a success. They've been of the biggest, if not THE biggest icon(s) in the paintball community. That being said, the marketing of this product is possibly the biggest challenge. Under the Empire shadow, they can't compete with an established midrange reputation of the Axe, and they can't boast exotic Lamborghini superiority with the Vanquish coming out at the same time. The best time to release this gun would've been at 2012 World Cup. Extraviganza was all about the LV1 and Vanquish-- and JT is now the underdog

Rejexx Paintball PR

TAG Paintball Field - Hollister, CA

I mess around with video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS1d2U5SNX8
cocotaro831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 PM #35
cocotaro831

Also, might I point out what everyone already know--- the marker only does so much for how well you play.

Rejexx Paintball PR

TAG Paintball Field - Hollister, CA

I mess around with video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS1d2U5SNX8
cocotaro831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 PM #36
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
I know the LV1 is the first Ego since the XSV SL66 to have sparked my interest as something with massive amounts of potential, if not from a performance perspective as much as a solid and convenient one. Looks like you can tech it mid-game at this point and the lever over direct contact with the valve stem means that a lot of the force from the ram will be partially diffused, which leads to things like a smoother shot and the ability to time the valve for efficiency while having the gun feel as smooth as it is cracked out to be (I've seen some recoil test vids and I can't doubt that, without me shooting it, it's smoother than most predecessors.).

The Impulse, if it's using SP's design to any extent, could also be a magnanimous marker that even though it's not as "streamlined", can still **** on the LV1 performancewise.

****, I've made a shocker pound on luxes performancewise before. Yeah, it's less convenient and a bit more finicky with a frame that always feels somewhat awkward, but you try to get a case off a stock luxe (yes, I realize that I spent over 2 years and $400 making it what it is and that isn't totally fair on the Luxe, but considering I spent msrp, I'd have only spent $800 making a gun better than something that with tax is double that.).

Either way, it's a personal preference thing at this point.
Markers have come to the point where everything high end is ****ing good. Period.
Only decision to make would be of ergonomics and convenience.

PS. I bet you could squeeze more shots from the impulse.
****, I hope you could.
That and I hope I can fit a BL 360 on there because the HPR that comes stock looks really uncomfortable and unsightly.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM #37
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is Legendary
YeloSno supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagummibear69 View Post
BTW Eugene stoner sold the design to colt because the united stated government couldn't afford To buy his design. The first design was also piston driven and not gas inpingement as well. Also the first design was in 7.62, stoner didnt believe in the smaller caliber that's the reason why armlite still makes the ar10. The navy seals used the original stoner design for years with no flaws in Vietnam. So until colt got ahold and made the first gen m16 there were no issues. Just like the whole not having to clean it ing rumor as well.
Nah, the stoner had heeeella jamming issues, but I believe it was due to how "low force" a lot of the reciprocating parts were in hopes of mitigating recoil and when they were given to troops which would occasionally have them fall in mud/dirt, chunks would get in and anything more than what it was made for would jam it.

But yeah, Colt sucks. Hate em.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by R3L: Nostalgia's a hell of a drug."
"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 AM #38
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
As much as I am expecting this to be true at this point, nobody really knows this at all.
True I have not shot the Impulse, but I held one at PSP Dallas. I wouldn't compare it to the Ego11 let alone the LV1.

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:18 PM #39
Arnie10
RedSkinPB

Arnie10 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jt
Arnie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:34 AM #40
Blicket

With both of the markers being out for a while, is the Impulse comparable to the LV1 or is it closer to the EGO 11? Sorry to raise a dead topic, but I am about to buy a poppit gun and am wondering if the extra cash is worth it.
Blicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:18 AM #41
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

Performance-wise, the LV1 lever breaks under dry-fire. How is that superior to anything?

For those of you who doubt Kee's model of the balanced valve: yes, he did a very good job. Sorry all the Bob Long fanboys here think he's a superior engineer to Kee (maybe he is) but Kee did a fantastic job on the balanced valve.

The external components and accessories for the Impulse are - dare I say supergun worthy - though definitely not as nice as the LV1's (which is a given)

Shot-wise, they're both argumentatively the softest-shooting poppets on the market (not sure if you can really call the LV1 a true poppet anymore with the lever mod). SO! in that aspect, they are very comparable.

The Impulse is more efficient than the LV1 - both out of the box and broken in.

The Quality and technical advancements within the LV1 are fantastic, but it's also 400 dollars more than the Impulse.

And - with consideration that ergonomics are mostly preference-based, - the Impulse has more ergonomic prowess with a slimmer contoured grip frame that is very similar to Dye ultralite frames. Everyone's different; however, in holding both, the LV1 falls short. in fact, there aren't too many guns out there that feel as nice in the hands as the impulse does - to me, that is.

The Impulse is a steel for the price. Can't say the same for the LV1. So it really matters what's important to the buyer. But I would definitely NOT say that the LV1 is better by far. It has a lot of weak points that the Impulse does not share (and vice versa). I'd almost want to say that strength-to-flaw, they tie.

Last edited by DRAXX : 06-19-2014 at 12:29 AM.
DRAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:52 AM #42
Blicket

Thanks for the detailed reply!
Blicket is offline   Reply With Quote