And I think it's time it gets put up against the JT impulse both being poppits
BatmanLiera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 PM #2
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
LV1 is a far better gun by the impulsle.

The LV1 is hands down most advanced paintball gun produced thus far.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM #3
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post

Wow, so you watched the Lurke tech video and now think you know everything about air system design huh?

To the OP: hardly anyone has shot either yet, but from the few things Ive heard about the LV1 Id put my money on it being the overall better performer unless the Impulse shoots amazingly good.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:12 PM #4
hayden14

Quote:

LOL, thats quite statement.

Once again barely anyone has shot either so no idea at the moment. Weve seen more specs on the lv1 and it looks more promising but until we get a real idea of the new impulse no one will know
hayden14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM #5
IBleed Arbor
vtec just kicked in, yo!

IBleed Arbor plays in the PSP
IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
IBleed Arbor is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IBleed Arbor is Boss
IBleed Arbor supports DLX Technology
Vcom
IBleed Arbor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 PM #6
Luxe4life
Dye Expert

Luxe4life owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Luxe4life owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Luxe4life plays in the APPA D4 division
Luxe4life supports DLX Technology
Truth is none of these guns are in major circulation yet, I wouldn't trust jt (just me) but I've heard great things about the lv1 and c'mon its PE they're just great. There's a pretty diff. Price too.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:32 PM #7
Rockyboarder
So Long Gay boys....

Rockyboarder owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxe4life View Post
Truth is none of these guns are in major circulation yet, I wouldn't trust jt (just me) but I've heard great things about the lv1 and c'mon its PE they're just great. There's a pretty diff. Price too.
That is the most solid reasoning I've ever heard.
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 PM #8
IBleed Arbor
vtec just kicked in, yo!

IBleed Arbor plays in the PSP
IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
IBleed Arbor is reppin' sidebar 4 life
IBleed Arbor is Boss
IBleed Arbor supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyboarder View Post

That is the most solid reasoning I've ever heard.
It's pbn
IBleed Arbor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 PM #9
inferno2inferno

I can't wait to see this thread... When both guns are in public circulation. My initial reaction is to be skeptical towards the impulse; JT making a high end is still a fact I need to come to grips with
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM #10
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden14 View Post
LOL, thats quite statement.

Once again barely anyone has shot either so no idea at the moment. Weve seen more specs on the lv1 and it looks more promising but until we get a real idea of the new impulse no one will know
First the LV1, from eclipse, who if you have kept is is normally on the cutting edge, then Lurker got involved, and if you've ever seen his work I shouldn't have to explain.

Then the impulse, key features:
Comes in 5 colors
OLED screen
2 piece barrel
on/off ASA
balance valve

Well, do they know it's Christmas. The balance valve has been tried before, most notably in the gen 4 intimidator back in 2006. It was finicky back then, I don't think Kee has the brain muscle to fix an issue Bob Long couldn't. These are the people's who's most recent edition has been the Axe, a long mini, and the Vanquish a.k.a. the Luxe 3.0
Also, unlike the LV1, the impulse's body is pretty much as big as a 2007 ego. They haven't quite cut it away into the tight streamline package that the ego is.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-18-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:23 PM #11
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
First the LV1, from eclipse, who if you have kept is is normally on the cutting edge, then Lurker got involved, and if you've ever seen his work I shouldn't have to explain.

Then the impulse, key features:
Comes in 5 colors
OLED screen
2 piece barrel
on/off ASA
balance valve

Well, do they know it's Christmas. The balance valve has been tried before, most notably in the gen 4 intimidator back in 2006. It was finicky back then, I don't think Kee has the brain muscle to fix an issue Bob Long couldn't. These are the people's who's most recent edition has been the Axe, a long mini, and the Vanquish a.k.a. the Luxe 3.0
Also, unlike the LV1, the impulse's body is pretty much as big as a 2007 ego. They haven't quite cut it away into the tight streamline package that the ego is.

Man, whoever does advertising for Eclipse must love you.

None of those things matter. Do you know what does? How the gun shoots, how it feels, and whether it does shoot when you need it to.

IMHO neither Eclipse nor Kee will disappoint when people start getting these guns in their hands. Not to mention that it you look at the product page for many markers you will see similar facts as the ones for the Impulse since those are actual facts and not buzz words or hype.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:18 AM #12
hayden14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
Man, whoever does advertising for Eclipse must love you.

None of those things matter. Do you know what does? How the gun shoots, how it feels, and whether it does shoot when you need it to.

IMHO neither Eclipse nor Kee will disappoint when people start getting these guns in their hands. Not to mention that it you look at the product page for many markers you will see similar facts as the ones for the Impulse since those are actual facts and not buzz words or hype.
Exactly.
And in IMO there isnt enough info out on both to evenly compare yet. But you hit it on the head.
hayden14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:11 AM #13
PeaTear_Griffin
GUNDAMNIT

Annual Supporting Member
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends V
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VI
PeaTear_Griffin is playing at Living Legends VII
PeaTear_Griffin supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
I'm a CONSUMER WHORE!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:46 AM #14
svt.cobra

i have a midnight lv1 on order. but of all the neew guns out and coming out. i think comfort in hands shoot be a big deciding factor. ive owned tons of guns to include BL victorys, ego 11s, g6rs, clones, geos, etc... i loved my vic when i had it. i do wish it had about another half centimeter stretch, but it shot money. with the vcom out, i bet its a beast. but i chose the lv1 this time bc of all the features. i never liked my ego11, but this lv1 seems to be completly different. me personally, it seems to have corected all the things i hated about past egos. mostly being ergos and , from videos, shot quality and sound. nothing wrong with any gun as at the end of the day, they all shoot paint.

but the impulse looks like a mess to me. it looks to tall and bulky compared to alot of others in its price range. i think if it was priced around 800-850, it would have been better. it just seems to lack features for its price. i bet it will shoot well. but id never pay full price for one. keep in mind ive never held one yet. just from pictures compared to other markers. the vcom and lv1 both look promising and have the features to back up its price. the vanquish i think was price about 100 bucks or so too high, but still is loaded with features.
time will tell on all these guns. things i like in a gun are shot feel, sound, features, CS and biggest being comfort in hands.

FT. Campbell KY/ Clarksville TN/ U.S. Army

(\__/) put this bunny in your sig so he can acheive
(='.'=)world domination!!!
(")_(")
svt.cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 AM #15
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

Quote:
I don't think Kee has the brain muscle to fix an issue Bob Long couldn't.
Simon "Manike" Stevens is the "brain muscle" behind the new impulse. Even Lurker referred to him as the greatest mind the sport has ever seen. Nice try.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:57 AM #16
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by svt.cobra View Post
i have a midnight lv1 on order. but of all the neew guns out and coming out. i think comfort in hands shoot be a big deciding factor. ive owned tons of guns to include BL victorys, ego 11s, g6rs, clones, geos, etc... i loved my vic when i had it. i do wish it had about another half centimeter stretch, but it shot money. with the vcom out, i bet its a beast. but i chose the lv1 this time bc of all the features. i never liked my ego11, but this lv1 seems to be completly different. me personally, it seems to have corected all the things i hated about past egos. mostly being ergos and , from videos, shot quality and sound. nothing wrong with any gun as at the end of the day, they all shoot paint.

but the impulse looks like a mess to me. it looks to tall and bulky compared to alot of others in its price range. i think if it was priced around 800-850, it would have been better. it just seems to lack features for its price. i bet it will shoot well. but id never pay full price for one. keep in mind ive never held one yet. just from pictures compared to other markers. the vcom and lv1 both look promising and have the features to back up its price. the vanquish i think was price about 100 bucks or so too high, but still is loaded with features.
time will tell on all these guns. things i like in a gun are shot feel, sound, features, CS and biggest being comfort in hands.
This is how I feel about many markers as well. It doesnt matter how smooth or efficient a marker is if its uncomftorable in my hands. Like Cockerpunk of Punkworks has said many times: the greatest factor in accuracy (and overall performance) is the interaction between player and equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Simon "Manike" Stevens is the "brain muscle" behind the new impulse. Even Lurker referred to him as the greatest mind the sport has ever seen. Nice try.
Check. Mate.

Simon Stevens is the reason I have faith that the Impulse will surprise a lot of people.

Last edited by BurningPlaydoh : 03-19-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:58 AM #17
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
I'm cynical, that is how I look at the world, you are unimpressive until you impress me. The LV1 has impressed me, the Impulse has yet to do so. So, I'm not going to tell someone "yeah, it's fantastic" and cross my fingers that the impulse isn't a flop.

You want my opinion, the LV1 seems to be the most advanced marker of the day, while JT seems to be reluctant to give us a view of the inner workings.

Also, lets look at Kee's most recent work:

1. Mini: good and innovative idea, however, when it came to pulling it off they were slightly less successful. With gen1's have more problems than parts. I think they are on gen4 currrntly.
2. Axe: Stretch a mini out, add a microswitch and on/off ASA(few upgrades) and you've got an axe.(which is why, IMO, the mini is a REALLY good deal for what you pay vs what you get)
3. Vanquish: Luxe 3.0

Empire puts out good products, if you want someone to stand behind Kee's products you can call me first and I will be out there holding signs with the best of them, and they don't try and rip you off by inflating the price of their products like some companies do. *cough*machine*cough*
However, I think at this point they know the impulse is beat by the ego, which is why I think empire decided to price the impulse lower than the LV1. They said "we are going to put out a good product, but we aren't going to rip people off or pretend the impulse is something it isn't."

Also, Stevens has left Kee: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3938396

Old 03-19-2013, 09:05 AM #18
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I'm cynical, that is how I look at the world, you are unimpressive until you impress me. The LV1 has impressed me, the Impulse has yet to do so. So, I'm not going to tell someone "yeah, it's fantastic" and cross my fingers that the impulse isn't a flop.

You want my opinion, the LV1 seems to be the most advanced marker of the day, while JT seems to be reluctant to give us a view of the inner workings.

1. Mini: good and innovative idea, however, when it came to pulling it off they were slightly less successful. With gen1's have more problems than parts. I think they are on gen4 currrntly.
2. Axe: Stretch a mini out, add a microswitch and on/off ASA(few upgrades) and you've got an axe.(which is why, IMO, the mini is a REALLY good deal for what you pay vs what you get)

Empire puts out good products, if you want someone to stand behind Kee's products you can call me first and I will be out there holding signs with the best of them, and they don't try and rip you off by inflating the price of their products like some companies do. *cough*machine*cough*
However, I think at this point they know the impulse is beat by the ego, which is why I think empire decided to price the impulse lower than the LV1. They said "we are going to put out a good product, but we aren't going to rip people off or pretend the impulse is something it isn't."

So apparently Empire hasnt released the E-Flex, Z2, or any other products besides their markers?

Simon is focusing on other projects important to him, that doesn't mean everything up to this point hasn't been highly influenced by him.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM #19
blueshifty

Quote:

I'm honestly not trying to pick on you, but you're missing quite a bit here.

The LV1 has a unique valve system, however at it's core it's still just a cam profile that tweaks the mechanical dwell. The G6R LP poppet is longer and, in effect, has a longer mechanical dwell too. 2 ways of accomplishing the same idea. Also, I was at PSP Dallas and saw several of these things in action and to be honest the sound signature isn't all it's cracked up to be. I applaud PE for attempting to change their design paradigm and making a gun that actually shoots well for a change. I am not discounting the work that's been done on the platform, but I need more time before I call it revolutionary... at this point it's just evolutionary.

The mini is on V3. Any idea what's been changing? In the V1 poppet there was no spring on the poppet. In the V2, reliability was improved by adding the rear spring and making the pressure balance hole larger. In the V3 it was basically just a serviceability change where they made the sealing face threaded. These are tiny changes, but make a big difference.

The axe has a larger pressure chamber, much better feeling trigger, tooless bolt removal, the relay ASA and better grips. While not a huge deviation from the mini functionally, it "fixed" most of the issues people disliked about the mini. Pretty stellar from a sales perspective and Kee is certainly making money from listening to their customers. (Hey, sound like PE and the LV1.)

The vanquish is Kee's attempt at fixing the complaints about the luxe... I don't really care for either so I'll leave it at that.

I am aware that Simon left Kee... Obviously, I read it since that's where Lurker posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Simon is still, with apologies to Tom Kaye, the greatest mind paintball has ever seen.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 AM #20
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningPlaydoh View Post
So apparently Empire hasnt released the E-Flex, Z2, or any other products besides their markers?

Simon is focusing on other projects important to him, that doesn't mean everything up to this point hasn't been highly influenced by him.
This is the worst thing you could have said if you wanted to support your point.

The E-flex is the Proflex and the E-vent combined, one's weakness compensating the other's.
The Z2 is the product of a long line of trial and error based on other hoppers by others being combined. Taking ideas from this hopper and that hopper and putting them into one hopper. Not a radical and new design from a fit of genius like the rotor.

One of the best things about Kee is they are willing to learn from their mistakes and improve on their design, even if they must make radical changes, and since the impulse is a just getting started you've just basically told the world: "the gen1 impulse won't be the best, but in a few years they will have a great version of it."

Quote:
I'm honestly not trying to pick on you, but you're missing quite a bit here.

The LV1 has a unique valve system, however at it's core it's still just a cam profile that tweaks the mechanical dwell. The G6R LP poppet is longer and, in effect, has a longer mechanical dwell too. 2 ways of accomplishing the same idea. Also, I was at PSP Dallas and saw several of these things in action and to be honest the sound signature isn't all it's cracked up to be. I applaud PE for attempting to change their design paradigm and making a gun that actually shoots well for a change. I am not discounting the work that's been done on the platform, but I need more time before I call it revolutionary... at this point it's just evolutionary.

The mini is on V3. Any idea what's been changing? In the V1 poppet there was no spring on the poppet. In the V2, reliability was improved by adding the rear spring and making the pressure balance hole larger. In the V3 it was basically just a serviceability change where they made the sealing face threaded. These are tiny changes, but make a big difference.

The axe has a larger pressure chamber, much better feeling trigger, tooless bolt removal, the relay ASA and better grips. While not a huge deviation from the mini functionally, it "fixed" most of the issues people disliked about the mini. Pretty stellar from a sales perspective and Kee is certainly making money from listening to their customers. (Hey, sound like PE and the LV1.)

The vanquish is Kee's attempt at fixing the complaints about the luxe... I don't really care for either so I'll leave it at that.

I am aware that Simon left Kee... Obviously, I read it since that's where Lurker posted this:
I am not afraid to be picked on or disagreed with, even if out numbered, as long as I am not silenced(see sig).

The gen1 mini's solenoid were prone explode, I've seen it happen in person. I was working as a tech in the shop someone brought in a gen1 mini who's noid has exploded and shot the piston into the grip frame. Nobody was hurt, just had to be sent in with a replacement shipped for free(kee customer service is excellent).

Eugene Stoner, inventor of the AR-15 and the M16 was one of the most radical thinking gun designers of his age. However, the first AR15 was a piece of ****. It's grip and butstock were originally made of bakelite, a material that was very fragile compared to the current type of plastic used on it(I want to say poly carbonate, but I believe that is wrong). It also had a very thin barrel and once during testing the barrel exploded and the bullet came out the side missing the test shooters fingers by inches. It lacked a forward assist, it lacked chrome plating in the receiver, the rear sights weren't adjustable(adjustments were done to the forward sights), and only had a 20rnd magazine.
When it entered service, it was designed to use stick powder, which didn't burn dirty and the fowling didn't happen as quickly. The powers-that-be insisted on using ball powder, which burned dirty and the gun would fowl in the middle of combat, which got many soldiers killed as their gun jammed only yards from an enemy. Also, the magazine could only be loaded with 15-16 shots because otherwise it would quickly wear out the spring in the magazine.

This story is to prove that even though a genius is designing an item, that doesn't mean his first attempt will be free from any flaws, it also shows that if other people get involved and make a change the designer didn't expect, it could have drastic consequences.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-19-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 AM #21
blueshifty

Quote:
The gen1 mini's solenoid were prone explode, I've seen it happen in person. I was working as a tech in the shop someone brought in a gen1 mini who's noid has exploded and shot the piston into the grip frame. Nobody was hurt, just had to be sent in with a replacement shipped for free(kee customer service is excellent).
That solenoid issue never forced a "revision" in the version of the minis though. I am sure that was a quality issue, not a design issue. All said, this wasn't started from ground zero like the mini (which zds shows even the mini had a predecessor the king cobra). The impulse should just be a new evolution of the SP impulse design with improvements in the valve. The mini poppet is balanced of sorts so I really think it's not that fetch technology wise. I think the JT impulse will work fine, but may not necessarily sell well.