Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA D5 division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
Cracker with a gun supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by James4465 View Post
Well my g6r is perfect to me, so I can't really add any improvements to that lol, but I see people complain about packaging so maybe make it an option to buy just the marker and an option to buy the marker with a case, tools, lube, ect for a higher price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eye View Post
Tim,

I've had some time to think since my last post and I would like to add some comments if you don't mind. This commentary is more about Bob Long as a company, but it urks me beyond belief. After watching the PSP event this past weekend, I noticed that Bob is not a sponsor of the PSP nor is he a sponsor of the PaintballAccess.com webcast. The PSP is our sports premier tournament league. It features our sports greatest athletes and teams. The webcast is providing a "worldwide" spotlight on those athletes and teams. It just doesn't sit well with me that Bob is not a sponsor. And does it not bother any of you that not one team showcased during the webcast was sponsored by Bob Long? If it doesn't, it should. These company sponsorships are the only thing keeping our sport alive right now. And from a business perspective, not having your product on display for the world to see is not beneficial to the company bottom line. My apologies if my comments are offensive to anyone. I feel as strongly about this subject as some do about buying American made. At this time, I'm only willing to support those companies and businesses that are supporting the promotion and growth of our sport. Perhaps, you could discuss this issue with Bob. Thank you.

I can't agree more with these 2 posts

I think the guns are great, however there is always room for minior adjustments which people have stated.

i would like to see
1) board increments of 0.1 just to make sure PSP doesnt do any funny business with ROF
2) make the premium bolt standard with markers
3) a trigger with more adjustability
4) a clam shell style case with a nice o-ring kit and color manual like the ego or dm (no need for an aluminum style like the luxe for under 1k price)
5) a design that allows for 1 or 2 different allen keys to disassemble the entire marker
6) maybe tooless grips (the current g6r grips are really nice though)

Last edited by Cracker with a gun : 03-18-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 08:01 PM #44
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
And back/stay on topic.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 PM #45
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Real Quick: Bob Long did support the Event. BLAST Tech Booth was there in a vendor spot that wasn't free but they were offering free repair and tech of Bob Long Markers. Not having his name blown up all over the pbaccess doesn't concern me. Makes it our little secret and saves us money in the long run.

On Topic: I have no problem with the packaging and what I have received for the money I've spent. Sure there are some things that would be cool but not necessary.

What I would like to see from Bob Long. More aftermarket soft goods and upgrades direct. It's hard to ask more from Bob Long. For him to reverse engineer a spool engine for earlier version Vic's says something already.

Last edited by vesparider : 03-18-2013 at 08:19 PM.
vesparider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM #46
specopsdeath2
DANGER ZONE

Annual Supporting Member
specopsdeath2 plays in the PSP
specopsdeath2 is an NCPA player
specopsdeath2 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
specopsdeath2 is Legendary
specopsdeath2 is Boss
specopsdeath2 supports DLX Technology
1. Do what Empire did with the Vanquish: one sized allen key for every screw. Or 2 sizes. Minimize the amount of tools needed.

2. Standard sized o-rings as stated before.

3. Include pressure tester in the price/package.

4. Better adjustable trigger.

5. Better customer service. Iv only had limited experience with their CS since im able to fix all my BL guns myself, but a few times that I have called and asked a question or something similar I have been less than happy with the result.

6. If possible, use dow33 to make things or industry standardized.

7. Case. dow55 (or 33, whatever is being used) and tools included. I understand this would raise the price but god damn would I love to have a Bob Long case haha.
- Maybe put the option, for when someone orders they can ask for tools and grease to be included? so keep costs low still but these things can be included when wanted.

8. Board: .5 increments. Again, just to go with the industry standard. This is something that BL has been behind. I have liked this in many ways but a few like .5 increments needs to change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Maybe try to make the vic and g6r to be run on HP.

10. Whatever things that Tim mentioned on the first page I agree with
University of Hartford PC United
Proud Sponsors:
YetiPB Laysick Ninja
specopsdeath2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:53 PM #47
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA D5 division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
Cracker with a gun supports DLX Technology
@ specopsdeath2

you talk about bob going with the industry standard on a lot of things, however going HP instead of LP when more and more guns are starting to use or can be used with LP would be going in the wrong direction i think.

sorry you had a bad experience with customer service, but any time i personally or many of my teamates or friends have needed help they have been on the ball and have done a great job.
However I do wish they would do more with sponsoring either teams or events rather than just being available, but that has nothing to do with future generations of intimidators
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 PM #48
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I would definitely like to see a some sort of tooless ram housing and some sort of lpr piston that is easier to remove without tools. Tooless items are always a huge selling point for me.
Mr. Stealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM #49
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist plays in the APPA D5 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
Make rhe rear ramcap not have that ****ty oring that defies all instruction to stay in place unless you have an oring pick. An idea is to lengthen the body a quarter inch to allow a ram cap that inserts much akin to previous gen timmies

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:18 PM #50
xHOBOPHOBIAx
Paintball Arkansas

xHOBOPHOBIAx plays in the PSP
xHOBOPHOBIAx plays in the APPA D4 division
xHOBOPHOBIAx has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xHOBOPHOBIAx has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Been shooting my g6r for about a year and a half and have a few suggestions for a lot of them have already been said.

1. I would love to not have a single metric oring in the gun. I know this is hard with the internal air passages so I know it probably won't happen, but it would be nice.

2. Less of a crossover in the LPR and HPR pressure curve. Again, this probably deals with some other design aspect that would cause the gun to not be the best, but it would be nice if chronoing it was just a bit easier when temperatures change 20+ degrees from day to day (I live in Arkansas, and yes this happens).

3. Ramping settings going in increments of at least .25 seconds.

4. Being able to check pressures with the barrel on would be awesome, and if it could be done my #2 complaint would be out the window. Also, include it with guns if it is so important to have one. I'm fine paying the cost increase if it comes with it.

5. If the eye covers had a bump or a notch that would make it easy to seat while tightening down the screw.

6. It would be sweet if the eye covers could have an oring groove around the outside that could keep paint out of the eyes from the outside.

7. I don't mind the way it comes apart, but it would be nice if the front would slide off without having to take the entire frame off.

8. Other than this just having the gun run at lower pressures.

I love my g6r and would love to buy the next gen of timmy.
xHOBOPHOBIAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:24 PM #51
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

Annual Supporting Member
RedAkuma is a founding member
RedAkuma plays in the PSP
RedAkuma supports our troops
RedAkuma is Boss
Eye system update, with no external eye covers. sucks to break paint then have to clean out the eyes, try not to lose the detent spring, screws or detent. I like the dye eye pipe design but I think it can be done better. Love my bob long guns, top performance, efficiency, and low cost of ownership.

Old Feedback 95 reasons to trust me
Feedback
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.
This guy is straight business no bull ****."

Nt10,11 Dye, Luxe, Marq, Victory, extra parts all for sale
RedAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:26 PM #52
510waffles
Call Me Maybe

510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
510waffles owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
510waffles has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
510waffles supports DLX Technology
Pressure sensor in the board so i dont need a pressure tester. I see challenges but thats your job right?l

If not, make sure gauges on pressure testers are working the first time they come out, dont skimp on the gauges and make them come with liquid filled big gauges even if you have to jack up the price(lets be real, the gauges on the g6r tester are a ****ing joke, the increments dont even make sense)

If the lever system isnt patented, it would make sense to put it in the gun, though i havent shot the LV1, the engineering behind it makes sense.

I liked the old intimidator detents(fingers) rather than the ones on the g6r. The delrin is expensive and the rubber nubins are cheaper.

I understand that you guys have the feedneck more easily detachable from the gun than other so that you dont break your loader, but after you have been using your feedneck for a while, it just dosent fit like it used to and falls off way too easy. so find a solution for that.

Having both magnet and spring in the trigger? Though obviously there are after market options already available, it would be nice to have them stock

audible board would be nice(like eclipse/luxe/vanquish)

I understand that metric orings are neccesary for certain parts, but avoiding them would be nice. If metric orings are neccesary, please include extras. I understand packaging is what it is to let us consumers buy whatever case we want, but getting those orings as a kit from oring monkey is ALOT more expensive than you tacking an extra 5 dollars for those hard to finds.

please dont skip out on the ASA, put the cam one on there, if youre going to put the old 2k11, make sure it dosent shred orings out of the factory.

Start with OLED board, dont try to skip out

Either its just me or the grips are hard to put on and off, something about the grips being a little too stiff or the tapping wasnt done well on 3 of the g6rs i had made taking off the grips more difficult than it needed to be.

Ram cap oring is annoying to put in

The manual isnt bad, but it could be better( i know you guys dont write them)

Rubber grips would be nice now(like NT and now LV1 and vanquish)

Barrels should come with the 015/016 oring on them

Not running with SLP/LP would be nice, but this one i dont really care

Having 1 allen screw for the whole gun would be nice. I feel like bob long guns have always been pretty ****ty in this area, I never needed a 9/64th until i had a bob long gun.

Find a way to make sure that every part is user accessible(top half of reg)

If you guys are going to allow custom annos for premiums, advertise it/show it, not everyone knows that they can get any color you want just by calling. This should be a HUGE advantage over the other companies such as eclipse with a limited 4-5 color schemes

The holes inside of the eyes are a pain in the ***, dirt and paint always ends up there and theres tons of holes in there.

Most of this is nitpicking but if you guys could improve on a few of those areas, that would be lovely.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 PM #53
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!

Annual Supporting Member
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Details are awesome guys! Bobs going to be reading all of this, so make sure you throw all your ideas into the ring!
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:10 PM #54
SithKnightBB
WKY Baller

well a lot have beat me to some of these but here are my thoughts.
1. Make it easier to access poppet
2. Board adjustability
3. One size allen key for marker
4. I'm really loving all the markers with tooless options, especially on the eye covers.
5. I too also like the '11 ASA
6. Include lp poppet, and premium bolt, pressure testers with good gauges (or see #7) with next Gen.
7. Ability to use tester and fire gun at the same time to tune. May require a new tester design. OR go Mac dev route and use the board just for the lpr. and then you could use a regular reg tester between gun and reg.
8. Manual , dow 55 included with gun so I don't have to read about it on this forum.
9. Color matched and sunk screws. Also color matched bolt pins.
10. Maybe an option for SLP with on/off attached directly on gun like the max flows. Would take all the guess work and user errors out of the equation if they just screwed on the bottle w/o reg. Bob longs regs work great! maybe he could design his own bottle reg for the Gun!

Most importantly the gun shoots great! don't mess with it just for a change!
If I think of any more I'll edit this later.
I PLAY AT Wizardland! YOU SHOULD TOO!
Brett
GEAR for sale! MORE GEAR

Last edited by SithKnightBB : 03-18-2013 at 10:26 PM.
SithKnightBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 PM #55
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post
Bring back the 2011 asa.
It sure makes teching leaks 10000x easier, because you have control of the air flow. I dunno what i'm going to do with my cam drive ASA if i have a leak.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 PM #56
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

After thinking some more I'm going to repeat a lot of everyone else's ideas

1. 1 allen fits all is a great idea. Do that like everyone says
2. Get rid of the body halves and make it one piece (Again that's a common one)
3. Include the tester.
4. Toolless ram cap would be nice or at least a circular one so you don't need to poke that oring all over the place to get it seated
Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 PM #57
stygshore
Big Evil made me do it!

stygshore is a founding member
stygshore is playing at Living Legends VII
stygshore supports Empire
all have been stated, but I will throw my vote in for the following
Tester you can use on gun wiht barrel at same time
Tool free screw in Ram cap - larger o-ring to make that seal easier
Sealed eye chamber - cleaning gun hits sucks on these.
Do away with Schrader valves if at all possible
Groove the feedneck so it cant pop off
Move the body split so you dont have to disassemble the whole gun just to change a poppet seal
Protective gun sleeve ( dont need or want a case, it just goes in my gearbag anyow, but I would like a gatwrap or something similar to protect it.

Styg
stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 PM #58
BatmanLiera

Softer on paint
Lpr like an lv1
And maybe look to make even a cheaper gun
How about a 500 dollar marker?
And stock barrles that take inserts
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 PM #59
jonotwist

Annual Supporting Member
another, if the g6r remains body halves....

Make the body side screws face toward the shooter, not the target.

I swear if someone shoots me in the side body screws one more **** time...
also a feedneck system less prone to slipping off,
use a notched clamp or coarse feedeck threads. not a nub.

having a pressure tester that allows you to shoot over a chrono is also wanted.
the ram and its oring i already complained about lol
allow the user to unplug the eye wires without unscrewing the eyes.

ill be honest aesthetically the standard body, fit and form is as I would want it,
there are only minor grievances that id like addressed

g6r2v

too bad. I coined the term already. i veto Blast's submission.
final release of 2.0 g6r is g6r2v. it has been posted. it has been done.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 PM #60
Methodcaptain

How about getting rid of the valve spings all together?

I Don't know if anyone picked up the magno valve patent/property, but I think it would make assembly/disassembly of the two body halves easier. It would really reduce the recoil (not that there is much with a g6r).

I'd love to see the LPR built closer to the solenoid, and put into the grip frame. I know it is probably easier said than done, but the closer the LPR is to the solnoid/ram, the more true dwell adjustment you have.

I'd also like to see a more adjustable trigger, and maybe a board that has both opto sensor, and microswitch as an option.

maybe see if we can get one or two more positions for the asa? I know alot of people would like to be able to move it forward or backwards a little bit.

WANTED: Blue angel A1 grips
Wanted - Angel A1/SB/AR:K parts and markers broken or working
Methodcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12 PM #61
tim2thousand4
Breakout Action Sports!

Annual Supporting Member
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 is playing at Living Legends VII
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
lol I like this one jonotwist^
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 PM #62
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VII
martix_agent is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
Make the body side screws face toward the shooter, not the target.

I swear if someone shoots me in the side body screws one more **** time...
also a feedneck system less prone to slipping off,
yes. yes, yes, yes,.

also, i've personally had my feedneck fall off twice while in a game. Do something about that.
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 PM #63
jonotwist

Annual Supporting Member
as part of a class experiment/field trip i made some R&D implementors pure hell (business call it applied sciences right?)

my prof wanted a critic. i became a hell of one for lawn tooling and equipment.
lol it was a good day.