Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 11:16 AM #1
crash002
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Tournament gun

What would be a good tournament grade gun for cheap. I have a 07 Pmr right now but looking to upgrade.
__________________
07 Proto PMR
crash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 11:27 AM #2
paintballer045
Noob forum OT OG
 
paintballer045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Good ole' Georgia
paintballer045 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer045 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer045 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
paintballer045 is Legendary
Read around, this is not an answer we can give you.
I suggest bringing some extra paint next time you play, and ask if you can shoot other players markers. This way you can tryout a variety of markers, and see what works best for you.
__________________
" I can do all things through him who gives me strength"

Philippians 4:13

My posts are a direct reflection of my opinion; however, they are typically joking in nature. My posts do not, literally or through implication, reflect any views or opinions of my department.
paintballer045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:04 PM #3
BatmanLiera
 
 
BatmanLiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Look into the axe
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:06 PM #4
crash002
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
Look into the axe
To expensive but i want one
__________________
07 Proto PMR
crash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:24 PM #5
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Get some of these for it:




You need to spend your money playing paintball, not upgrading the gun. The gun I got good was was a POS compared to the 07 PMR, if I could tear up the field with a ****ing Spyder Flash, 20oz CO2 tank, and a revvy; you can do just fine with an 07 PMR.

This was my gun for 3 years:


This was my "clamping feedneck"
__________________
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-18-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:33 PM #6
rwtfnow
RWTF / US Army
 
rwtfnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wisconsin
rwtfnow is for the Gunfight
rwtfnow is an NCPA player
rwtfnow plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Get some of these for it:




You need to spend your money playing paintball, not upgrading the gun. The gun I got good was was a POS compared to the 07 PMR, if I could tear up the field with a ****ing Spyder Flash, 20oz CO2 tank, and a revvy; you can do just fine with an 07 PMR.

This was my gun for 3 years:


This was my "clamping feedneck"
That's so awesome! As for the question no gun can beat raw skill, so use your money to better yourself as a player.
rwtfnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:50 PM #7
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
I had some good times with that gun.

I didn't bother with an HPA tank because back in the day you didn't get all day fills, they charged you per fill, so it was cheaper to play all day with a 20oz CO2 rather than spend $20 refilling my HPA tank.


EDIT: also, you shouldn't be doing tournaments unless you're having a tax audit soon and need to get rid of a large amount of money. Tourneys are really expensive and rarely worth the huge cost and are mostly done for their own sake. If you need a "cheap tourney gun" then you're probably not ready for tourney.
Getting a bunch of friends together and going paintballing together and calling yourself a team is one thing, but do you really have the money to blow $500 for a single tourney and never see it again?
__________________
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 03-18-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:28 PM #8
FOOPAgfp
Team FOOPA on the loose
 
FOOPAgfp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 630
FOOPAgfp supports Empire
Considering that for tournament play you'll most likely need something that can do 12.5bps ramping, I think you're set. A lot of people with high end guns are going to take exception to this, but as long as the pmr had the right modes, it sounds like you already have your cheap tournament gun. If you really want to buy a more expensive gun I'd say maybe look at older high end guns, more bang for your buck. Older dm, 07 ego etc...
__________________
Dust grey Axe, Boss bolt, Virtue laser eyes, Freak, Rotor
Ninja 68/45
Ion,Blackheart board,qev, shaved body,Cp: reg, one piece barrel, on/off asa, feedneck, trigger
Halo b v35 w/rip drive
Freak kit, crossfire 70/45
'04 Pro stock, blue,14" j&j ceramic
Eggy2
FOOPAgfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM #9
BatmanLiera
 
 
BatmanLiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
I had some good times with that gun.

I didn't bother with an HPA tank because back in the day you didn't get all day fills, they charged you per fill, so it was cheaper to play all day with a 20oz CO2 rather than spend $20 refilling my HPA tank.


EDIT: also, you shouldn't be doing tournaments unless you're having a tax audit soon and need to get rid of a large amount of money. Tourneys are really expensive and rarely worth the huge cost and are mostly done for their own sake. If you need a "cheap tourney gun" then you're probably not ready for tourney.
Getting a bunch of friends together and going paintballing together and calling yourself a team is one thing, but do you really have the money to blow $500 for a single tourney and never see it again?
Cool story
Now what do you shoot?
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:36 PM #10
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOPAgfp View Post
Considering that for tournament play you'll most likely need something that can do 12.5bps ramping, I think you're set. A lot of people with high end guns are going to take exception to this, but as long as the pmr had the right modes, it sounds like you already have your cheap tournament gun. If you really want to buy a more expensive gun I'd say maybe look at older high end guns, more bang for your buck. Older dm, 07 ego etc...
wise words

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanLiera View Post
Cool story
Now what do you shoot?
Does it matter?
__________________
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 AM #11
svt.cobra
 
 
svt.cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: claksville tn
axe
__________________
CLARKSVILLE DEFIANCE

FT. Campbell KY/ Clarksville TN/ U.S. Army

(\__/) put this bunny in your sig so he can acheive
(='.'=)world domination!!!
(")_(")
svt.cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 AM #12
dps093
I like Flexes
 
dps093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bear, Delaware
Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 supports Team VICIOUS
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
You're set with the pm7 already lol
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 PM #13
TS4life
 
 
TS4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I just sold my Brand new DP FX and used Rev i to get an ICD Promaster, FS7 and FS8 if that says anything...
__________________
ICD Promaster R2-D2
P.E. Reaper Geo 3
Infinity Legend
BL Insight http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4175257
TS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:32 AM #14
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior
 
Paper_Cut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS4life View Post
I just sold my Brand new DP FX and used Rev i to get an ICD Promaster, FS7 and FS8 if that says anything...
Had a FS once, it shoots like no other. It will butt**** an air tank though.
__________________
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM #15
vikingshadow
SCHWING!
 
vikingshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Downtown
Annual Supporting Member
vikingshadow is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports Team VICIOUS
vikingshadow supports our troops
Why get a different gun? As a tournament player for years, I used a Shocker, Timmy, and an Ego in many tournaments. In 07, I bought a PMR and sold the other guns because I enjoyed it so much more than the "high end" guns. I still have my PMR and still love it!

Like Paper_cut said, use the money to buy paint and improve your skills.
__________________

I'm selling all my paintball stuff! Look here! My Baby! Phantom Pump
vikingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:35 AM #16
ascendancy656
 
 
ascendancy656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
ascendancy656 is playing at Living Legends VII
I have my shocker, and really don't consider getting any other gun. I will run that thing into the ground
__________________
You won't ever fly fast enough to make time stand still.
Stop, listen, and learn.
ascendancy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump