Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2013, 07:52 PM #1
ldub1978

Who makes the best barrel kit

im in the market for a new barrel, i was thinking of just getting a whole kit so i can match the paint up, whats a good name brand, im running a pm7
ldub1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:53 PM #2
Ka0ticRed

Freak kit hands down. If you have the money($200) get the Empire Super Freak barrel kit. http://www.ansgear.com/Empire_Super_...rel_s/3374.htm
Or the regular freak kit wich has a whole variety of color combos. If you like to underbore, overbore, or match get the Freak kit. It will make your PM7 shots more consistent and has great looking barrel fronts, All American or Freak.
This is what I go with personally and I love it, but its all personal preference.
Ka0ticRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:13 PM #3
Nicad
Common sense since '77!

Annual Supporting Member
Nicad is a founding member
Nicad works for a Paintball manufacturer
Freak kit is a good choice. I wouldn't go two-piece barrel if I could help it tho, I've never seen a two-piece barrel screw together without some form of mis-alignment.
Take a look at the Deadlywind Fibur. Takes the Freak inserts, but made of carbon fiber so it's way lighter and it's one-piece, so it'll have the straightest alignment possible. And a kit is cheaper than the SuperFreak. Shop around, but here are a couple of examples-
http://www.paintballgateway.com/debafiau14ba.html
or
http://www.paintballgateway.com/debafi14baan.html

Made by a German in Texas!

Like Deadlywind on FB!
Nicad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 AM #4
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

has been a member for 10 years
Deadlywind Fibur + inserts. Will be cheaper than the Super Freak kit and won't come with a bunch of tips you don't need and you can buy a smaller number of inserts to save money.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 AM #5
Mr. Stealthy

The new Lapco fuse is the best full kit in my eyes. Legendary honing quality, long control bore and a good amount of porting.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:10 PM #6
thirteen37
i.destroy

thirteen37 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thirteen37 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i would recommend the Freak insert kit and then either the Freak back and front or a Deadlywind FIBUR barrel.

i have the 14 in Dealdywind Fibur barrel with the stainless steel Freak kit and i LOVE it. the barrel itself is very light and can be swabbed for easy cleaning. if someone at your field has one, ask them if you can check it out.

i do have the Freak back and All American front which i do use aswell...just cause i like the spiral porting, lol.

check out some reviews on here and vids on youtube, should be helpful as well.
thirteen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:36 PM #7
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I'm going to also say the Freak Kit. I got mine from ANS about a year ago and it's the only barrel I ever use
Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 PM #8
kagago
aka "mini me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
The new Lapco fuse is the best full kit in my eyes. Legendary honing quality, long control bore and a good amount of porting.

I second that. Coming from someone that has owned the deadlywide fibur kit with freak inserts as well as a furious kit and I currently use a desertedge fuse kit and it is the best barrel kit I have ever owned.

A good place to see a scientific review on the top of the line barrels on the market look here

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ht=fuse+barrel
kagago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 PM #9
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicad View Post
Freak kit is a good choice. I wouldn't go two-piece barrel if I could help it tho, I've never seen a two-piece barrel screw together without some form of mis-alignment.
Take a look at the Deadlywind Fibur. Takes the Freak inserts, but made of carbon fiber so it's way lighter and it's one-piece, so it'll have the straightest alignment possible.
The Fibur is still a two piece barrel. The Insert being one piece, the barrel being the 2nd, the seam will be between the insert and the final bore step.

I would say the Freak kit is the best barrel kit on the market. It has been copied, re-designed, re-distribued by another company, as well as countless other barrel companies that make parts that are compatible with it - DW Fibur (uses the inserts), Stiffi (makes carbon fiber tips for it) etc etc, if you want the best, buy the best, buy a Freak.

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 03-19-2013 at 10:31 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote