Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 PM #1
OranRat91

Thoughts on Etha or etek

I really am looking to own a planet eclipse marker and the Etha seems to be in my price range. But the Etha is advertising at 400 and the etek 4 lt at 500 I'm just looking for some input whether the extra 100 bucks is really worth it. Any advice is good advice so thanks in advance guys.
OranRat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:38 PM #2
In-Hoc

In-Hoc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
In-Hoc plays in the APPA D5 division
I have the Etha and it works very well for me. It does everything that I needed it to do. IT is quieter compared to the Etek but there are very little A/M mods available for the Etha compared to the Etek. Both are solid guns and you wouldn't go wrong with either one. Look at it this way. If you buy the Etha you will have money left over for a barrel kit, tank, hopper, mask or PAINT. If you buy the Etek you won't have the extra money.

It's not the WILL to WIN, but rather the WILL to PREPARE to WIN that will make the difference!

In-Hoc Signo Vinces!
In-Hoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:18 PM #3
frosticle

frosticle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
frosticle owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
frosticle plays in the APPA D4 division
I have both and etha and an etek 4 lt. The are both solid guns. The both shoot well and are reliable. The etek is louder for sure. If you can go to a shop and hold them to compare. The etha always felt more comfortable in the way that I like to hold my guns then the etek. Even better if you can go to your local files and find some people with these and see if they will let you shoot theirs. You may one feels more natural to you.
frosticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:39 PM #4
kyle=aggalicious
killin w/ SoFla's Finest

don't bother buying a new etha or etek unless you insist on having a spanking brand new gun. I got my etha for 330 with the boost kit and mrt bolt. There was breach wear, but other than that in was lnib.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post72597207
kyle=aggalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:45 PM #5
OranRat91

I saw some guys with some etek markers last weekend but I didn't think to ask to hold or shoot them unfortunately. I do think the etek ego look is very sick but I don't guess that should be a hundred dollar reason.
OranRat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:07 PM #6
abenguyen
Abe Na-Goo-Yen

abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen plays in the APPA beginner division
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
You can find tons of good deals here for both markers on the cheap. I've owned both, and currently own the Etha. You can't beat the price. They both get the job done.

Like others said, try your local shop or field to see if you can hold and/or shoot them both. It'll all be personal preference.

Last edited by abenguyen : 03-16-2013 at 01:56 AM.
abenguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:24 PM #7
SpicyCat

SpicyCat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SpicyCat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Got the chance to shoot my friends etha in a tournament last summer. It wasnt shooting very straight so that turned me away from it. Could of been just that gun but I would definitely say I enjoyed using my etek more.
SpicyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:45 PM #8
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyCat View Post
Got the chance to shoot my friends etha in a tournament last summer. It wasnt shooting very straight so that turned me away from it. Could of been just that gun but I would definitely say I enjoyed using my etek more.
The marker has nothing to do with accuracy. It's only the roundness and consistency of the paint and cleanliness of the loader, breach, and barrel that matters.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM #9
andyf1008

andyf1008 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
andyf1008 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The Etha is a good gun and I picked it over the Etek after shooting both. The Etek is a little smoother but louder (I think they both sound like they are firing .556 nato), and the stock board in the Etek is better because of the ajustability. I think the Etek looks better but thats just me.
They are different bolt designs but when you're actually on the field they feel and play a lot alike.

I think these are two really good mid range markers and two very similar marker so it comes down to your personal preferences. Personally I perfer saving the hundred.