Community Focus

Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 AM #1
Inraged Carnage

Inraged Carnage is playing at Living Legends VI
Inraged Carnage supports Team VICIOUS
Inraged Carnage has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Inraged Carnage has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Invert Mini bolt not setting back all the way HELP

Okay guys im getting really frustrated with my invert mini because the owner at my field helped me and he put the right amount of lube on my bolt and it started to work the it stopped and got stuck and it wouldn't go back all the way and my paint couldn't feed through and it wouldn't shoot any paint. So please help i do doubt it is the amount of lube I use because it stopped working again and ya so please help because im very frustrated at this point.
p.s. this mini is new and this problem happened more than once
Inraged Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2013, 01:44 AM #2
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
Does the celanoid click?

Is there a build up of paint on the eyes, frame, or in the grips?

Do a total tear down, clean, then rebuild of the bolt, parts in the grip, and clean the eyes. That usually gets my mini shooting again.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 AM #3
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
There is a problem with the spring. The Mini's bolt return is 100% mechanical and had next to nothing to do with the eyes, orings, or parts in the grip .

Check to make sure the spring is "clicked" on to the proper side of the bolt. Also make sure you are using the stock spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian P View Post
Does the celanoid click?

Is there a build up of paint on the eyes, frame, or in the grips?

Do a total tear down, clean, then rebuild of the bolt, parts in the grip, and clean the eyes. That usually gets my mini shooting again.
What does any of that have to do with the bolt not returning? If you don't know what you're talking about then don't post. You're just going to make it harder for him to figure out the problem.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM #4
Bad71
.... from the ashes

Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bad71 plays in the APPA D4 division
Bad71 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bad71 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I had that happen with my Mini... found that I accidentally installed the spring in backwards after cleaning it. (one end of the spring is a smaller diameter than the other. The smaller end goes over the bolt, and should "snap" into place. )
Also, if you find this to be the issue, inspect the breach for excessive scratching, especially on or near the spring seat. I had to go in with some very find emery cloth and smooth out the rough edges caused by the spring "bouncing around" on the seat. This will save you wear issues down the road.
While you're at it, check the bolt for excessive scratches, if present, they could lead you to another cause. Ive heard of faulty detents hanging a bolt up, although I never had that issue.

Bad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:56 AM #5
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad71 View Post
I had that happen with my Mini... found that I accidentally installed the spring in backwards after cleaning it. (one end of the spring is a smaller diameter than the other. The smaller end goes over the bolt, and should "snap" into place. )
Also, if you find this to be the issue, inspect the breach for excessive scratching, especially on or near the spring seat. I had to go in with some very find emery cloth and smooth out the rough edges caused by the spring "bouncing around" on the seat. This will save you wear issues down the road.
While you're at it, check the bolt for excessive scratches, if present, they could lead you to another cause. Ive heard of faulty detents hanging a bolt up, although I never had that issue.
That's a good point as well. The detents could be cause this if they are somehow screwed in too far or if something was binding the white portion of the detent. Lighter aftermarket springs are another cause.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:43 PM #6
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I should have typed tear down and rebuild the bolt not including the o-rings. Clean behind the grips and the eyes. That was what I was implying.

A clean mini shoots better than a dirty one.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 PM #7
Inraged Carnage

Inraged Carnage is playing at Living Legends VI
Inraged Carnage supports Team VICIOUS
Inraged Carnage has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Inraged Carnage has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thanks guys!
keep on postin
Inraged Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote