Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 AM #43
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMEDIC20 View Post
That was an amazing video and has some actual tangible results attached to it about efficiency, sound signature and velocity. Thanks for all the work you put into it. As a side note... part two might be something about overboreing/underboreing - just a thought since it will effect velocity and efficiency as well.
Again awesome video!
Thank you, and not a problem. Happy I could get you an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person View Post
Jinx, I was talking about the length of the actual bore, not the length of a stepped bore barrel.

I guess for a follow up video, do the exact same thing with all 3 (or however many you have) of those dye carbon barrel backs, and see what kinda results you get. Maybe with a tighter bore it won't show gains going from 15 to 17 inches, or something. It would just be fun to see.
If you can recommend 2 barrels with a big difference in control bore lengths, but the same bore diameter, I'd be willing to test this again.

Also, I have all 4 CFBacks and I'll try this for s&g's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasite View Post
Wow, great to see, thanks for putting in that work for all of us!
My pleasure
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM #44
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
If you can recommend 2 barrels with a big difference in control bore lengths, but the same bore diameter, I'd be willing to test this again.
Flasc barrels have multiple back lengths. They were more or less developed with testing like this.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM #45
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
Flasc barrels have multiple back lengths. They were more or less developed with testing like this.
If I remember right, you sold me a barrel with 10" of control bore at .685, correct?

If so, I can do a comparison with that very long control bore against a very short control bore @.685 with my Furious Lotus....
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 PM #46
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJEmortal View Post
If I remember right, you sold me a barrel with 10" of control bore at .685, correct?

If so, I can do a comparison with that very long control bore against a very short control bore @.685 with my Furious Lotus....
I forget which ones you got. If the kit then .681 .684 .690
but different fronts probably have different characteristics. i doubt the difference is a lot but it could be an inch here or there. I believe some other testing has shown gains up to at least 16" total length before
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote