PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2013, 10:09 PM #22
Savage As F
woah bro

Savage As F owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Savage As F has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well with the custom va from pps I would be ditching the chamber so I would need the extra volume, looking at that valve pin it looks different than mine, I'll put up some pics when I get my am back from pps. You guys know of any comparable lpc for the am? I'm going with the rocket valve as it seems like the best bet without heavy modding to get the high flow. Also I'm having some issues with my striker getting stuck every couple hundred shots which is becoming a pain. I've switched the o rings and lubed the hell out of it and its still getting stuck. Know of any good aftermarket strikers?
Savage As F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 PM #23
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
What do you mean by stuck?? Aftermarket strikers will be hard to come by you'll have better luck searching here.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 PM #24
Savage As F
woah bro

I mean the bolt gets stuck half recocking and I am almost sure its not the bolt. The folks at pps said its prolly the striker. Maybe I ought to sand it Down a bit more and polish again. Also how hard is it to install another detent? I'm getting a double feed every once in a while
Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 AM #25
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron-O3 View Post
VS Valve stems won't work without modifications. They use the balanced valve system.
No they don't.

98% of paintballers make up statistics. Post this in your sig if you're part of the 2% that doesn't.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:03 AM #26
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
Papercut. You got uour **** wrong. Vs2 vs3 and the rsx use the balance valve. There is a hole that goes through the valve stem to a resivor area that is used for the striker. This gives you a controlled seperate flow to recock at lower pressures. The valve face is larger and is modeled like an actual valve seat intead of the sharp ridge they use on the standard valve body. The pin shape is already skinny but is longer than any other spyder pin.

The rocket valve is a much more practical choice

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:19 AM #27
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret15 View Post
Papercut. You got uour **** wrong. Vs2 vs3 and the rsx use the balance valve. There is a hole that goes through the valve stem to a resivor area that is used for the striker. This gives you a controlled seperate flow to recock at lower pressures. The valve face is larger and is modeled like an actual valve seat intead of the sharp ridge they use on the standard valve body. The pin shape is already skinny but is longer than any other spyder pin.
On point. I personally own one so I know for a fact the VS Valve won't work on a standard Spyder without modification. Now if you meant to say cup seal then yes those will fit. But the valve stem won't.

Normal valve:

VS Valve:
Old 03-19-2013, 11:45 AM #28
ferret15
STTB connoisseur

Annual Supporting Member
ferret15 donated to help Peyton Trent
No, you need a balance valve cups seal it also has a hole running through

I'm all out of ideas again and this text is so plain.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new look.
ferret15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM #29
nenkitsune

man you guys talking about valves and upgrading guns are pissing me off (not in the bad way) I HAD a rocket valve,ebay tornado style valve, dark horizon titanium hammer, aka lightning bolt, 2 bob long torp regs, and ergo reg, spyder anti chop bolt, and a boat load of other awesome freakin mod parts like springs and v/a's. I had my e-99 running at like 250-300 psi shooting 280-300 consistantly

It's all gone though no thanks to my dead beat dad.

Now i'm lookin around and all these parts are now NLA for the most part. [/sad rant]

Spyder E-99 Avant (out of commission/spimmifying)
Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback
nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 PM #30
Savage As F
woah bro

lol i hear ya. im having a rough time finding the stuff but thats half the fun.! finding stuff for this amg especially is rough. so now im down to just finding a compatable lpc. seeing as the place where a lpc is there is just a knob held in by a screw im assuming im gonna have to find a way to tap it to screw in a lpc unless there are other ones with a similiar design. if anybody knows where i can find one or perhaps a way to tap it to recieve a screw in one let me know. also does anyone know what grips are compatable with the esp frame?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:55 PM #31
aod_snyper
Hawkeye Luv

has been a member for 10 years
I'm curious about this PPS v/a you're getting made... I, too, am in possession of an AMG I am customizing.

The ACP v/a's are incredibly tough to find, so I have accepted the fact that I am going to use the stock gas thru. I really only wanted to change it out for cosmetics and weight.

I'm going to follow your progress and chime in from time-to-time if I have any leads on parts and pieces.

Justin
aod_snyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM #32
nenkitsune

You know what, you guys are making me want to go dig out my old paintball stuff and see what I've got.

I'm almost positive I've got my stock class spyder I made (still need to buy a proper rocket valve for it, with the dual orings, and maybe get some different springs)

It's a ghetto, half backed spyder, with a pvc over barrel pump, painted black, bolted into the bolt, with rubber bands for the pump return. The striker has a big slot cut into it for the pin to move back and forth in, and it has no asa. I just twist my 4 ounce into the va.

I was gonna customize the va and thread the front of it so I could thread a quick change 12 gram cartridge there, and cap the bottom (so it would be like a real long pistol)

I hope I still have it. I have my EM-1 at least!

My spump

My spimmy I was working on

This thing wasn't even half way done with the body work...sad, it's gone.
Yeah, kinda thread jacking here.

Now that I'm older with a better job, I think I can afford spending a few bucks here and there modifying my guns. Hell, maybe I'll get brave and build the mechanical boltless gun I had planned.

Kingman EM-1: Kapp Bushmaster V/A, Bumper mod, Modded stock bolt, Tboarded (ver a), WGP Ergo reg

My Feedback

Last edited by nenkitsune : 03-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 PM #33
Savage As F
woah bro

update.
still waiting to get my va from pps. ordered a rocketvalve and a shockteck supafly bolt. plannimg on halfbacking the body so I can use the rear cocking bolt. got my spring kit today and still looking for a lighter striker.

will try to put up some pics soon, im loving the feedback guys!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 AM #34
nenkitsune

for a lighter striker, if you can't find dark horizons i suggest grinding yours down.

My Feedback
Old 03-27-2013, 01:48 AM #35
Vidalecent

Vidalecent has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I honestly can't wait for this thing to be finished.
Vidalecent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:56 AM #36
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenkitsune View Post
for a lighter striker, if you can't find dark horizons i suggest grinding yours down.
Lighter striker isn't always the best route to take. Yes lighten the striker but don't lighten it so much that you'll have reliability issues.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM #37
nenkitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron-O3 View Post
Lighter striker isn't always the best route to take. Yes lighten the striker but don't lighten it so much that you'll have reliability issues.
That's why I suggested he lighten the stock one instead.

Another good thing to do is cup the head of the striker to try and catch the blowback a bit more directly.

The DH Titanium striker is REALLY light, I would say too light for a low pressure spyder. A lightened stock striker would work much better I think.

My Feedback
Old 03-27-2013, 01:52 PM #38
Bigdaddy11

Also, take some type of tape(I suggest electrical) and wrap the valve spring. You don't want the moving air coming in contact with the spring, you want it to flow smoothly over it, the spring will cause turbulence, hurting your flow.

^ Literally the dumbest thing I've heard on this forum.
Bigdaddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:45 PM #39
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenkitsune View Post
That's why I suggested he lighten the stock one instead.

Another good thing to do is cup the head of the striker to try and catch the blowback a bit more directly.

The DH Titanium striker is REALLY light, I would say too light for a low pressure spyder. A lightened stock striker would work much better I think.
I agree, go with your stock striker and lighten the spring tension. It will recock easier while attaining lower pressures, eventually leading to a smoother and quieter shot.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 PM #40
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Honestly a cupped and polished stock striker is the best balance.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:54 AM #41
THEMINION
Gimmie The Loot

Amg

Id like to sale my AMG. I also have a Vertical Adapter for it. Pm if interested with offers.

Wide Body Militia
Battlefield All-star
Urban Quest
Minion D5
THEMINION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM #42
Savage As F
woah bro

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I still havn't headed over to PPS to pick it up yet even though it's finished, Been out of town for spring break and now busy with school again. I'll try to post pics this weekend