Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 PM #1
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

Citizens of Phoenix, I call upon you ...

Tell me what's awesome about your city. I'm relocating for my job to Phoenix at the end of the month and I have no idea what the best spots in the city are. I'm 26 and I'm moving to the north-central phoenix area in Deerview. I'm big into the club/bar scene, outdoors type stuff, really anything that's fun. Mainly I'm looking for the best: bars, restaurants, places to chill, fun **** to do in general. So there you have it, show me the local view of what's awesome about your city.

Last edited by nwestpballer : 03-11-2013 at 11:14 PM.
nwestpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 PM #2
$h0cK3r
TEH SHOCKER

Do you have a tongue ring?

GOOGLE FTW
$h0cK3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 PM #3
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by $h0cK3r View Post
Do you have a tongue ring?
No, but I have been known to "bro out" and "bro down" on occasion.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 AM #4
enzoferrari604
HNIC

enzoferrari604 is BST Trusted
www.visitphoenix.com
Old 03-12-2013, 04:40 AM #5
Pizzaman
End Of The Line

Good luck sir. Phoenix is an...interesting place to say the least, but I love Arizona (yay awesome gun laws/'merica).

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither."

Pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:07 PM #6
HarleyR62

Hells Half Acre over next to the new stadium is right up your alley theres a **** load of bars over there...good times unless your one of the shiny shirt bedazzled jeans type
HarleyR62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM #7
nic26
Kingman Pilot ACS

Scottsdale is an awesome place to go. They have an amazing mall. Just a really nice ritzy area. Also downtown where ASU is has some crazy nightlife! Clubs/bars whatever.
nic26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:28 PM #8
nwestpballer
RugbyDept.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoferrari604 View Post
My mind is blown ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyR62 View Post
Hells Half Acre over next to the new stadium is right up your alley theres a **** load of bars over there...good times unless your one of the shiny shirt bedazzled jeans type
Looked it up, looks solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic26 View Post
Scottsdale is an awesome place to go. They have an amazing mall. Just a really nice ritzy area. Also downtown where ASU is has some crazy nightlife! Clubs/bars whatever.
That's what I'm hearing from most people that have been there before. I'm really looking forward to finally moving and really getting to explore the city and the surrounding area.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:44 AM #9
ACOMA

I've lived here all my life. Phoenix/AZ in general is spread out big time. It is probably the worst sports community for a major city. The Suns are horrible and so is there management. The same with the Cardinals. One of the major reasons sports are terrible is because 9 out of 10 people are from another state and still support their home team.

Westgate in general is an awful entertainment hub. Hells Half Acre is whack and so are the rest of those bars and restaurants. If you are going to a game near the arena you are better off going to YardHouse.

As far as restaurants go there are quite a few gems here. I've eaten in many different cities and Phoenix can hang with the best of them. Here's my short list:
Nobuo's at the Teeter House
La Piazza Al Forno
Matts Big Breakfast
Pizzeria Bianco
Indian Fry Bread House
Oreganos

The craft beer scene is also finally coming to life. We have a few really good breweries:
Four Peaks
Papago Brewery
San Tan

As far as night life Scottsdale is by far the most popular and offers the most options. I'd stay clear of Westgate unless you are going to a game. Being that you are going to be located in North Phoenix you should be close to the middle of the two.

It is about to really heat up out here so I hope you know how to stay cool. Welcome and best of luck.
ACOMA is offline   Reply With Quote