Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-12-2013, 04:02 PM #1
LightShow

Empire Sniper Q's

Alright so I'm sure it's been asked a million times already... I have an Empire Sniper in my gear bag, and was the first pump that I bought to see if I would actually enjoy playing pump. Turns out, Pump is pretty awesome. Yay for that! Recently I put a full CCM kit/Slim 45* frame on an ANS X-5, which is buttery smooth in all the right ways. Since I've done that, the Sniper basically just sits in my bag now. Main reason is the pump stroke is WTFhard and requires a lot more effort. The pump handle is also much smaller in comparison as well. The question I have, what can I do to help lighten up that pump stroke and make it smoother? Shot for shot it's consistancy is damn good. After about the 3rd case I put through it, seemed to break in the reg really well. So yeah, the only issue I really have is with the pump stroke. To get into a little more detail, it almost feels like it's binding on the guide post some? I've considered changing out the spring in the pump handle since it's more of the return of the pump motion that's more difficult. Any ideas and feed back would be great! Thanks kidz!
LightShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM #2
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
When I had my sniper, I removed the front o-ring on the bolt to decrease the drag across the detents and it made a noticeable difference. I didn't notice any drop off in consistency, air usage, or any increased blowback either.

You can also lighten the pump arm spring by replacing it, but that will only help a little.

Most of the snipers pump tension comes from the main spring behind the hammer (disconnect the bolt from the sled, pump it, and you'll see what I mean). You can always lighten that spring, but since it's balanced with the valve spring, you'll probably have to replace that one as well. It'll be a trial and error process and will end up being a huge pain in the ***.
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM #3
LightShow

Yeah the first thing I did was pull that front O-ring off the bolt, which did help some.
LightShow is offline   Reply With Quote