Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM #1
Bonesjones420

Bonesjones420 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Getting back into paintball.. need some help!!

Im thinking about getting back into paintball and i could use some help picking out what i need. I used to be on this site every day for about 3 or 4 years back when i played. I am not a beginner to the sport but i feel as if i have been away for so long that im no longer familiar with the names of certain brands and gear.

I know i need a gun, hopper, compressed air tank, and a mask.
Back when i played i had a DM7 and a halo hopper and they were fairly new so that was a long time ago, i see we are at the DM13 now.

For now I am more interested in which gun is the best for me. Im looking to spend about $500 on the gun and i dont mind buying a used gun. What type of gun do you think is best for around the $500 mark? I know there is a buy/sell/trade link that i was looking at earlier but there are so many new guns i dont know what i am even looking at anymore.

Thanks
Jones
Bonesjones420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 PM #2
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
$500 budget for only the marker? Thats easy... get a brand new axe off of ebay for around $350, use the difference to go towards the rest of you gear.

Do you have any gear leftover from the last time you played?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:58 PM #3
Bonesjones420

I have some gear but none of it is useable...maybe the mask but id have to check. I believe i sold the majority of my stuff on this site in the past when i quit.

How are those new Dye Reflexes? They look nice and i loved my DM7 that i had
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 PM #4
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Can't go wrong with a Viking.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM #5
Bonesjones420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
Can't go wrong with a Viking.
vikings are older guns right? im looking for a newer (2010 or newer hopefully) gun for sure
Old 03-10-2013, 09:52 PM #6
Bonesjones420

What about the macdev drone?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM #7
cckynv
Cody

cckynv is playing at Living Legends VI
cckynv supports Team VICIOUS
cckynv posts videos on PbNation
cckynv has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The Drone? If you're looking into MacDev markers, you can do better than the Drone for your price range. The Clone V2 is a predecessor of the Clone GT (a very high-end marker), and is a great marker at a $425-450 price point. If you're looking to spend a bit more, check into a VX'd (note it's VX'[b]d[b], not a true VX: there is a difference) Clone, which will run you up $550-600. Or there's the Droid, for $350-400: imho it's a better marker than the Drone despite being older. I shoot one.

MacDev Militia
cckynv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:26 PM #8
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA

Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko supports Team VICIOUS
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexisme View Post
$500 budget for only the marker? Thats easy... get a brand new axe off of ebay for around $350, use the difference to go towards the rest of you gear.

Do you have any gear leftover from the last time you played?
That. The Axe is a tournament winning marker and best of all its mid-ranged but easily comparable to high-end markers performance wise. As for tank any CF tank will do you good. Cross Fire tanks are pretty cheap but I prefer NINJA or DYE. Bonnets on both tanks arn't great though. And as for a mask whatever covers your face the best and feels comfortable. I like my E-Flex because i have a huge head and those DYE I4's dont cover the side of my jaw enough.

Canadian eh? Would you like a donut?
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 AM #9
Bonesjones420

Quote:
Originally Posted by cckynv View Post
The Drone? If you're looking into MacDev markers, you can do better than the Drone for your price range. The Clone V2 is a predecessor of the Clone GT (a very high-end marker), and is a great marker at a $425-450 price point. If you're looking to spend a bit more, check into a VX'd (note it's VX'[b]d[b], not a true VX: there is a difference) Clone, which will run you up $550-600. Or there's the Droid, for $350-400: imho it's a better marker than the Drone despite being older. I shoot one.
Ok thanks for the info.. I usually like to buy used guns because of the deals you can get.. I will check out all of those guns.. I like macdev, dye, or planet eclipse guns because thats what ive shot in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirriko View Post
That. The Axe is a tournament winning marker and best of all its mid-ranged but easily comparable to high-end markers performance wise. As for tank any CF tank will do you good. Cross Fire tanks are pretty cheap but I prefer NINJA or DYE. Bonnets on both tanks arn't great though. And as for a mask whatever covers your face the best and feels comfortable. I like my E-Flex because i have a huge head and those DYE I4's dont cover the side of my jaw enough.
Sounds good ill check out the axe some more and those tanks as well.. I believe i had a CF tank 68/45 last time
Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 AM #10
Bonesjones420

what about an older ego or the geo? im liking the looks of the geo's, clones, and dm9 or newer so far for my price range. also the axe as well
Old 03-11-2013, 11:12 AM #11
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonesjones420 View Post
what about an older ego or the geo? im liking the looks of the geo's, clones, and dm9 or newer so far for my price range. also the axe as well
Ego 08 in the $350 price range, can't go wrong with that. Geo 1's you can get in the $400 price range, but I wouldn't recommend picking that one up. But you should get a good high quality mask first before you even begin to worry about a gun.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM #12
Bonesjones420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Ego 08 in the $350 price range, can't go wrong with that. Geo 1's you can get in the $400 price range, but I wouldn't recommend picking that one up. But you should get a good high quality mask first before you even begin to worry about a gun.
why dont you recommend the geo 1? it got great reviews on here beside efficiency i guess
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 PM #13
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
why dont you recommend the geo 1? it got great reviews on here beside efficiency i guess
In my opinion, there are better guns in the price range. Plus the geo 1's were eclipse's first attempt at that line, so all the problems the 1's had were fixed with the 2's. But that's just my opinion.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:20 PM #14
Bonesjones420

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
In my opinion, there are better guns in the price range. Plus the geo 1's were eclipse's first attempt at that line, so all the problems the 1's had were fixed with the 2's. But that's just my opinion.
what do you think about the clone? ive always been a fan of macdev and they are in the $500 range
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM #15
C-NoTe
Bunny Killer

C-NoTe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C-NoTe plays in the APPA D4 division
Personally I am not a fan of the axe. If it were me I would look into an older ego. 07 and up. Pref an 08 and up but the 7 is good good. too. they made A TON of changes those 2 years from the 06. It's light high level and efficient. There is not that many changes from then on the make a HUGE difference most of it is milling. This will give you extra money for your other hard parts. For a hopper get a rotor... dont argue just trust me on that one.

The last thing you see before you die is your life story.. You better make it a good one.
C-NoTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 PM #16
C-NoTe
Bunny Killer

C-NoTe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C-NoTe plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't recommend the Geo over the ego mainly for efficiency. There is nothing wrong with the geo1 as you can just put the geo2 bolt and rod in it. But it is a spool valve gun and not as efficient as a Popit. I personally like spool valves coming from mostly shockers.

The last thing you see before you die is your life story.. You better make it a good one.
C-NoTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:48 PM #17
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
what do you think about the clone? ive always been a fan of macdev and they are in the $500 range
Awesome guns, can't go wrong with MacDev
Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 PM #18
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
MacDev is your best bet for a used spoolie.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:31 PM #19
Bonesjones420

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-NoTe View Post
Personally I am not a fan of the axe. If it were me I would look into an older ego. 07 and up. Pref an 08 and up but the 7 is good good. too. they made A TON of changes those 2 years from the 06. It's light high level and efficient. There is not that many changes from then on the make a HUGE difference most of it is milling. This will give you extra money for your other hard parts. For a hopper get a rotor... dont argue just trust me on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-NoTe View Post
I don't recommend the Geo over the ego mainly for efficiency. There is nothing wrong with the geo1 as you can just put the geo2 bolt and rod in it. But it is a spool valve gun and not as efficient as a Popit. I personally like spool valves coming from mostly shockers.
ok thanks for the info im gonna check out some older egos and that hopper
Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 PM #20
Sirriko
WAKA WAKA

Annual Supporting Member
Sirriko is playing at Living Legends VI
Sirriko owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Sirriko posts videos on PbNation
Sirriko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Older geo's are a no, some problems with the Geo 1's fixed in the Geo 2. Ego 07 and up would be great. My personal favourites are the EGO 7 and EGO 11.... MacDev always makes great markers but personally I dont like the older Clones. and as for the DM's dont go higher than a 9, not much had changed drastically.

Canadian eh? Would you like a donut?
Sirriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:10 PM #21
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
ok thanks for the info im gonna check out some older egos and that hopper
One thing to note is that the Ego won't shoot nearly as smooth as your old DM. If that doesn't matter to you then they're a great choice and are bulletproof reliable.
BurningPlaydoh is offline   Reply With Quote