Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 PM #1
760pbr

help a noob out!

been doing alot research but would like some more opinions. ive been paintballing a few times and would like to start going more often as a hobby and do tournaments in the future. looking around for a decent electrical gun to get me by as a bigginer until i actually need to upgrade. a shop nearby recommended the invert mini running fore around $300 and have lifetime warrenty and free labor on all markers. what are your thoughts? should i go the craigslist route.
760pbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2013, 07:23 PM #2
noahcuz

noahcuz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
noahcuz supports DLX Technology
upgrade

you can find a mini way cheaper do not spend 300
noahcuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:46 PM #3
760pbr

what about a small parts ion with a few aftermarket parts, empire hopper and dye mask for $120 found off craigslist.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:51 PM #4
thenoob23
ADK

thenoob23 is playing at Living Legends VI
thenoob23 supports Team VICIOUS
Nah go GOG envy.I own one and its tournament leveled out the box with blackheart board and I added cp 12 ich custom barrel rotor 60-4800 tank clean the internals and get a speedfeed of somesort and you have a full competitive marker starts at 275$ with blackheart used and 320$ new and I upgraded mine to 650$ range.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
thenoob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 PM #5
skiier08
IH

Go to the electronic marker buy/sell/trade section and buy a nice used dm7 or ego7 for $300. They will perform infinitely better than a mini or any other entry level gun you can buy for that price. If you come across something you like in b/s/t and you're unsure of it PM me and I'll help you decide if it's a good buy.

Old Feedback
New Feedback
skiier08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 PM #6
Vidalecent

Vidalecent has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you are looking for a gun then, you should have already bought a mask, tank, loader, and pack. Do you have all of these?
Vidalecent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 PM #7
ibunkerupwnd
it was all for lolz

ibunkerupwnd supports Team VICIOUS
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ibunkerupwnd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Stay away from gog/smart parts IMO they're really basic and not tourney ready
Old 03-09-2013, 08:02 PM #8
760pbr

thanks for the help! ill look into all your suggestions very helpful
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM #9
760pbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidalecent View Post
If you are looking for a gun then, you should have already bought a mask, tank, loader, and pack. Do you have all of these?
do not have any gear yet as i plan to buy them when i pick up a marker i just dont want to rush into buying a marker since i have no background on the sport
Old 03-09-2013, 08:23 PM #10
ToBeUsedToBE
Terrence Morton

ToBeUsedToBE is for the Gunfight
ToBeUsedToBE plays in the APPA beginner division
ToBeUsedToBE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760pbr View Post
what about a small parts ion with a few aftermarket parts, empire hopper and dye mask for $120 found off craigslist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkerupwnd View Post
I used to think the same thing. But having played a few tournaments with an ion i built, it was suprisingly fun and effective. My only complaints were the difficulty required to change settings and the gun's slightly heavy weight.
I would say if OP can get the package deal for around $120 then it is a steal, depending on hopper and mask.
for the people who are still alive
ToBeUsedToBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:27 PM #11
Vidalecent

Vidalecent has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
In my opinion, you really should get a mask new. I just don't like the idea of having someone else's sweat on my face
Vidalecent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 PM #12
760pbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeUsedToBE View Post
I used to think the same thing. But having played a few tournaments with an ion i built, it was suprisingly fun and effective. My only complaints were the difficulty required to change settings and the gun's slightly heavy weight.
I would say if OP can get the package deal for around $120 then it is a steal, depending on hopper and mask.

well the hopper is a empire and the mask is a new dye unsure of the specific type
Old 03-09-2013, 08:40 PM #13
Kungpoopanda
FIREPROOF FOR LIFE

Kungpoopanda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Get a new mask. I would recommend a Mini.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:06 PM #14
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Buy a new mask.... Even if you go top of the line, you're out what? $160? Would you pay $160 for your eye ball?

In all seriousness...... Depends, small hands go w/ mini. Big hands go w/ axe.... whats your budget? What are you going to be playing?

Really off the bat, I'd suggest... mask, tank, loader, marker, pod pack, pods, barrel swab and something to lug all that **** around in.

Last edited by rexisme : 03-09-2013 at 10:08 PM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 AM #15
RunNgun42

You should probably buy something cheap, like a starter gun, and work your way up until you learn what kind of game you truly enjoy. For instance I thought I was a woodsball fan, and noticed that I kept wandering over to the shanty town style maps which are close quartered fast action combat. Then I finally stepped on a speedball field and realized why I liked the shanty towns, because I love fast paced action. Had I taken someones opinion over the "best gun" I may have been listening to a woodsball fan or vice versa. So I bought a cheap jack of all trades gun, a rinky dink spyder fenix which enables me to play both. I'll be lucky if I can get half of what I paid for it when I sell it, but until I evolve as a player theres no sense buying a gun dedicated to one particular style of play.
RunNgun42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 AM #16
thenoob23
ADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibunkerupwnd View Post
Would have to disagree a little bit.The envy is there only marker that is ENTRY levled tournament marker out of the box.Now as I had posted before I upgraded mine to were it is now amazing and is now full tournament level.Grant it I went from buying a 300$ gun to making it a 650$ gun but still it runs amazing and I have used it in local tournies at fields.....
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 AM #17
kellan

kellan is playing at Living Legends VI
kellan owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports Team VICIOUS
kellan supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoob23 View Post
Would have to disagree a little bit.The envy is there only marker that is ENTRY levled tournament marker out of the box.Now as I had posted before I upgraded mine to were it is now amazing and is now full tournament level.Grant it I went from buying a 300$ gun to making it a 650$ gun but still it runs amazing and I have used it in local tournies at fields.....
No matter how much money you put into an Envy it will never be a $650 gun..
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:48 AM #18
thenoob23
ADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellan View Post
No matter how much money you put into an Envy it will never be a $650 gun..
It is what works for you.....Just because everyone else has a normal priced 600$ Axe doesent mean you have to have one too.......The GOG envy has put me through local games and competitive field play against Etek,Etha,Luxe,Geo,Mini and still win.I upgraded mine to be the level of tournament play.....Its the player not the marker.I feel like purchasing markers for 350$ or less then upgrade gives you an huge advantage.You learn to play with it enough and use it enough and it will be good as a Axe or any other tournament level marker.
Rotor W/ Speedfeed
Super Freak Kit
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-10-2013, 11:01 AM #19
nowherekid109

I agree with thenoob23 about the envy. I think that they are underrated, and with the blackheart board in them they do work pretty well. My two main guns are an axe pro and an alias intimidator. I have shot the super expensive guns as well such as the egos, eteks, and geos. My friend has an envy with the blackheart board and one day my old 2k2 intimidator was having issues, so I ended up using his envy. I used it for the whole day and never felt outgunned against the other players, either in the woods or on the speedball fields. It shot very well and with an aftermarket barrel it was accurate. If you can get a deal on one, they are worth it IMO and will last you for awhile.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM #20
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Don't forget about the Extcy, you get more for the price than an Envy. I would also look at the Proto Rail!
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM #21
760pbr

i made a purchase. invert mini dye ul 2 piece barrel dynasty hopper mask and 4 pods with harness. pretty stoked gona go home and clean the suckers inside a little. anyone recomend a cleaning kit or are they all pretty much the same will a walmart kit do?