Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VIII
AoSpades supports our troops
Anyone out there a CAD wizard? (Get ready for some feels)

Bit of an odd request but If you are:

1.) Good with CAD

2.) Have a CAD of any of Bob Long's more recent markers such as an Onslaught

Then I really need to get in touch with you. I have a special project that I am trying to get off the ground for a good friend of mine. His daughter succumbed to Leukemia a few days ago after many years of defying the odds. She always thought of him first and knew his love for paintball, especially Oklahoma DDay and how much it meant to him. This year he was not going to make it because she came down with pneumonia. She tricked him into coming to DDay with her under the guise of wanting to know what it was like to go camping to see if she would like it before actually committing to it.

During all of this my friend would always care for the needs of others. Myself and a group of about 15 individuals are getting together to try and make him something nice in return for all that he has done for his daughter, family and friends and I feel the best way to convey this gift is through something he loves, that his daughter knew he loved, and we all know he loves... Paintball.

If what is in my head can be put to paper/CAD and ultimately a CNC machine like I'm trying to do, he will cry. We will probably all cry. What I'm atrying for is a lasting memory, something physical that he would be able to look at and remember that he has another family of friends that care about him as well.

I realize this sounds sappy and long winded but that is what it is and I wanted to get it out now rather than explain it individually. I'm trying to get this out there to try and get as many possible resources / opportunities involved as I can in case one falls through as this is something I want to see through to the end.

I want to see that man's face when it is presented to him as it means a lot to all of us. Especially considering what he had been and still is going through for all these years while still managing to take care of everyone else around him. That take a special kind of outlook and positivity in life that is very rare nowadays and I feel it needs to be addressed by something physically meaningful.

Last edited by AoSpades : 06-25-2015 at 11:57 AM.
AoSpades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2015, 07:16 PM #2
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

Meh, I'm pretty decent at cad from a mechanical standpoint, but if you're going to need a ton of surfacing then it may beyond me.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:59 PM #3
AoSpades
I'll set you straight.

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VIII
AoSpades supports our troops
Well everything progressed way faster than what I was expecting so now it isn't really needed. Thanks for the pseudo offer though lol.
AoSpades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:56 PM #4
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

Lol, I'd have helped but I'm not particularly good with the fancy stuff.