Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2013, 03:26 AM #85
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNelly13 View Post
Minimag, what do you suggest I try? Like I said I have all infamous orings and made sure my check valve is in place. I was using the lurker bolt but had to have my regulator gauge up at 200 just to chrono in at 250 and neither uping the reg or velocity adjuster could get it to go higher. Just about every ball I shoot broke before it left the barrel. If I was running at such a low pressure I don't think the balls should have been breaking. My buddy was shooting the same exact paint without problems so I can't blame it on the paint. Like I said at the end of the day I had bad enough blowback to pop open my virtue spire lid. I'm open to any suggestions you have.
Take the Lurker bolt off the gun. I don't understand why people think buying an aftermarket bolt will fix a problem that they are having with the stock bolt. You need to get it working properly with the stock bolt before attempting to install the Boss or Lurker bolt. I'm not entirely sure what's causing your blowback problem though. However, if you go back to the stock bolt and have 100% new OEM orings on it then it will be a lot easier to fix compared to a bolt that makes the entire gun more complex.
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2013, 08:09 AM #86
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post

Take the Lurker bolt off the gun. I don't understand why people think buying an aftermarket bolt will fix a problem that they are having with the stock bolt. You need to get it working properly with the stock bolt before attempting to install the Boss or Lurker bolt. I'm not entirely sure what's causing your blowback problem though. However, if you go back to the stock bolt and have 100% new OEM orings on it then it will be a lot easier to fix compared to a bolt that makes the entire gun more complex.
+1 on this. This is what I did and things are starting to look better.
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:19 PM #87
BNelly13

BNelly13 is an NCPA player
BNelly13 plays in the APPA D5 division
BNelly13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BNelly13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post
So what exactly have u done? Cleaned noid, poppet lubed, everything?
I have done everything except take the noid apart to clean it. I have never put oil down the reg though so I don't think it should be too dirty to begin with.
BNelly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:22 PM #88
BNelly13

Quote:
Well the night before I went paintballing I shot it to make sure there wasn't blowback. I don't know what happened from the beginning of me playing to the end of the day that caused the blowback. I suppose I can try the stock configuration again. Are OEM orings just the ones that the axe comes with stock? If it isn't working with the stock bolt I just plan on sending it to Kee.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 PM #89
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:

Well the night before I went paintballing I shot it to make sure there wasn't blowback. I don't know what happened from the beginning of me playing to the end of the day that caused the blowback. I suppose I can try the stock configuration again. Are OEM orings just the ones that the axe comes with stock? If it isn't working with the stock bolt I just plan on sending it to Kee.
Yeah give all stock a shot. OEM= Original equipment manufacture. So yes the black stock orings that come with ur axe u should try. Put all stock settings. U can even try bumping the dwell up a bit like I have had to do.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 PM #90
BNelly13

Alright. Hopefully the spacer won't be too much of a pain to get off. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 PM #91
BNelly13

Is the bumper oring that goes at the base of the bolt guide the same as the orings that go on bolt guide?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 PM #92
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Is the bumper oring that goes at the base of the bolt guide the same as the orings that go on bolt guide?
I'm not 100% but I think any oring that fits fairly tight will work. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 PM #93
BNelly13

My report-

I tried the setup the way I had Saturday and there was still blowback. After getting the spacer off I put the bumper oring at the base of the bolt guide and slid the stock bolt on. It still had infamous orings on at this point. It had less blowback but most balls would pop halfway out of the feedneck. I put on all stock oring but I didn't notice any difference from the infamous orings even though there was more friction. I put the lurker bolt back on with an 012 oring closest to the spacer. There was still blowback so I put one on the tip of the bolt guide. That didn't fix it either. The stock bolt helped but it still didn't completely solve the problem :/ I'm pretty much set on just sending it to Kee. I already contacted them and have the shipping info.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 PM #94
BNelly13

Quote:
I'm not 100% but I think any oring that fits fairly tight will work. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I checked and all the orings appeared to be the same size.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 PM #95
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
My report-

I tried the setup the way I had Saturday and there was still blowback. After getting the spacer off I put the bumper oring at the base of the bolt guide and slid the stock bolt on. It still had infamous orings on at this point. It had less blowback but most balls would pop halfway out of the feedneck. I put on all stock oring but I didn't notice any difference from the infamous orings even though there was more friction. I put the lurker bolt back on with an 012 oring closest to the spacer. There was still blowback so I put one on the tip of the bolt guide. That didn't fix it either. The stock bolt helped but it still didn't completely solve the problem :/ I'm pretty much set on just sending it to Kee. I already contacted them and have the shipping info.
Just try shooting it with all stock settings. If it shoots fine don't worry about it. It it starts breaking balls and messing ur hopper up like it did mine then I would send it. Once the orings get a bit broke in the blow back could be less and less. I still have a bit on mine but nothing to cause any problems. A little blow back isn't a big deal. When I tested mine I still have some balls jumping out but no issues when shooting.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:38 PM #96
BNelly13

Quote:
Just try shooting it with all stock settings. If it shoots fine don't worry about it. It it starts breaking balls and messing ur hopper up like it did mine then I would send it. Once the orings get a bit broke in the blow back could be less and less. I still have a bit on mine but nothing to cause any problems. A little blow back isn't a big deal. When I tested mine I still have some balls jumping out but no issues when shooting.
Yeah I suppose I could shoot it all stock but even then I still felt like I there was too much blowback. I just would prefer to send it in at this point and hopefully never have to send it back.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:49 PM #97
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:

Yeah I suppose I could shoot it all stock but even then I still felt like I there was too much blowback. I just would prefer to send it in at this point and hopefully never have to send it back.
No problem. Whatever u feel comfortable with. Heck they will probably replace everything that deals with air so u will basically have a brand new gun. They will get u shooting straight. I'm impatient and refuse to send it HAHAHAHA.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 AM #98
BNelly13

Yeah I've done everything I feel I could do to make the gun shoot properly and it still just seems like it needs to be tweaked. Maybe I'll get a shockwave board out of it or something.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 AM #99
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Yeah I've done everything I feel I could do to make the gun shoot properly and it still just seems like it needs to be tweaked. Maybe I'll get a shockwave board out of it or something.
I wouldn't bet on that unless ur board is the problem. Doubtful but it fill shoot awesome after u get it.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 AM #100
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
My report-

Dude if the ball above the one you fired pops out of the feedneck a bit that's not blow back. Most of the time when the ball pops up that's when the bolt tip just clips the second ball as it moves forward. Totally normal. I have seen an axe with blow back problems, when ever fired it would pop open the lid on his hopper. if fired with two balls in the feedneck it would launch the second ball 4-6 feet into the air. That's blow back issues.

Take a piece of printer paper, put it over the top of your feedneck and cover the little slit in the feedneck with your finger or tape it. Dry fire the gun and if the paper shoots off the feedneck you got some blow back.
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:59 AM #101
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post

Dude if the ball above the one you fired pops out of the feedneck a bit that's not blow back. Most of the time when the ball pops up that's when the bolt tip just clips the second ball as it moves forward. Totally normal. I have seen an axe with blow back problems, when ever fired it would pop open the lid on his hopper. if fired with two balls in the feedneck it would launch the second ball 4-6 feet into the air. That's blow back issues.

Take a piece of printer paper, put it over the top of your feedneck and cover the little slit in the feedneck with your finger or tape it. Dry fire the gun and if the paper shoots off the feedneck you got some blow back.
Forgot about the paper thing. I has none
Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 AM #102
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
Quote:
My report-

It sounds like the stock bolt solved the problem. I thought you said the ball was launching up 6 ft with the Lurker bolt.

And the last bumper oring is the same size as the other small orings on the guide. You can actually use your old orings for the bumper since it doesn't seal. It rarely needs to be replaced though.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:13 PM #103
BNelly13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahouser View Post

Well I had 6 feet of blowback with my old boss v2 bolt and on Saturday at the end of the day my hopper lid did pop open because of blowback. Almost all my balls came out as confetti and I believe that is because the blowback caused the ball above the breech to break. I suppose I don't have blowback with my stock bolt but I would prefer not to have to shoot my stock bolt all the time. If that's the only way it shoots properly though that might be my only option.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:16 PM #104
BNelly13

Quote:
It sounds like the stock bolt solved the problem. I thought you said the ball was launching up 6 ft with the Lurker bolt.

And the last bumper oring is the same size as the other small orings on the guide. You can actually use your old orings for the bumper since it doesn't seal. It rarely needs to be replaced though.
Yeah for the most part but I still wish the ball would just feed right in instead of pop up slight. Maybe that's unrealistic but for me that would be the ideal performance.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:24 PM #105
BNelly13

I am going to put the bolt tip that is on my stock bolt on the lurker bolt to see if it is the replacement bolt tip that is causing the blowback.