Old 03-16-2013, 08:08 PM #64
BNelly13

BNelly13 is an NCPA player
BNelly13 plays in the APPA D5 division
BNelly13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BNelly13 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
Did you get a new check valve for the gun?
Yeah I put a check valve in there so I don't know what the problem is. I just know the blowback was causing paint to seep out of my nano feedneck in the front and drip down my foregrip. It made for a rather miserable paintball outing.
BNelly13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2013, 08:44 PM #65
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNelly13 View Post

Yeah I put a check valve in there so I don't know what the problem is. I just know the blowback was causing paint to seep out of my nano feedneck in the front and drip down my foregrip. It made for a rather miserable paintball outing.
Well I think my problem now is my reg. It chrono alright but drops off when ramping causing balls to chop. I already had this fixed once. Smdh.
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 PM #66
BNelly13

I suppose that could be my problem too. I had it at 200 psi and I could only get up to 250 max no matter what I tried. I was using the blurker setup but today I would call it the "blop" setup.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:11 PM #67
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
I suppose that could be my problem too. I had it at 200 psi and I could only get up to 250 max no matter what I tried. I was using the blurker setup but today I would call it the "blop" setup.
I wish I could figure out whats wrong. I wanna play tmrw
Old 03-16-2013, 11:47 PM #68
minimag03

has been a member for 10 years
minimag03 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Does you're bolt slide off the bolt guide when you turn it toward the ground? It sounds like you need some new bolt guide orings.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 AM #69
BNelly13

Nope. It will only come off if you shake it hard up and down. I just put new infamous orings on the bolt guide a week ago so I don't think that is where the problem lies.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 AM #70
minimag03

Does that also include the large bolt guide orings? The ones on the back of the bolt.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:22 PM #71
BNelly13

Are we talking about the large 3 at the very back of the whole bolt guide insert?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 PM #72
minimag03

Sorry I should have just said the two orings on the actual bolt. Did you put new Boss orings on it as well? If not try putting two new orings on the bolt. Remember to lube the bolt tip when you lube the two other orings as well.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 PM #73
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

So here is my gun over the chrono today. You could clearly hear a shot drop off. The reg seems ok though. I put the dwell at like 7.4ms and got the pressure at about 190. At that point I could chrono between 270-290 but sometimes get that random 210, 220, etc. It's almost like the gun has to get warmed up and seems to be somewhat sticky. If I let it sit I have to cycle air through it to get it up to speed. Should I try a different lube than Sleek? Also do you think I should just stick with the stock bolt for awhile since it actually works? Or give the Boss bolt a shot? I feel like I shouldn't mess with it since it actually works but then again if I put the Boss bolt and orings in I feel like things will improve especially with consistency. Thoughts anyone?

Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM #74
BNelly13

Quote:
Sorry I should have just said the two orings on the actual bolt. Did you put new Boss orings on it as well? If not try putting two new orings on the bolt. Remember to lube the bolt tip when you lube the two other orings as well.
I replaced all orings with infamous orings minus the ones that are on the actual lurker spacer. I didn't think to lube the actual bolt tip but I don't think that is the only thing that is causing the gun to malfunction.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:08 PM #75
BNelly13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post
So here is my gun over the chrono today. You could clearly hear a shot drop off. The reg seems ok though. I put the dwell at like 7.4ms and got the pressure at about 190. At that point I could chrono between 270-290 but sometimes get that random 210, 220, etc. It's almost like the gun has to get warmed up and seems to be somewhat sticky. If I let it sit I have to cycle air through it to get it up to speed. Should I try a different lube than Sleek? Also do you think I should just stick with the stock bolt for awhile since it actually works? Or give the Boss bolt a shot? I feel like I shouldn't mess with it since it actually works but then again if I put the Boss bolt and orings in I feel like things will improve especially with consistency. Thoughts anyone?

I wouldn't recommending switching. I switch from a boss bolt to a lurker bolt and that obviously didn't fix whatever is the problem. I would think if your gun isn't shooting 100% perfect stock then a new bolt isn't going to fix it. I could be wrong but I'm just going off of my personal experience.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 PM #76
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:

I wouldn't recommending switching. I switch from a boss bolt to a lurker bolt and that obviously didn't fix whatever is the problem. I would think if your gun isn't shooting 100% perfect stock then a new bolt isn't going to fix it. I could be wrong but I'm just going off of my personal experience.
Yeah good point. Well it is working "alright". I was at least able to play Rec ball and it was ramping fine when I was at the chrono. Hopefully the consistency gets better. I'm ordering a players part kit cause I lost my bolt locking button and I figure I might as well have some backup orings.

I just dunno what to do. I broke down the reg last night cause I thought that was the problem and was thinking the reg gauge was off to. But like I said things seems to be "alright" right now. I may try a different lube.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:27 PM #77
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Ya know looking back at the video I was somewhat consistent. For probably 2/3 of the time I was between 270-280 with the other 1/3 of the shots being 240ish or 290ish. I bumped the pressure up at a bit and was shooting about 280-290 with 300ish or 250ish being the outliers. I guess thats not too bad. Hopefully when I turn the gun on at practice this weekend it is just as good. I jsut hate how I basically have to warm the gun up and get the bolt moving. It's so weird.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:32 AM #78
minimag03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post

The stock bolt and spring prefer 8ms dwell. Up the dwell to 8ms and the random low shots might go away or at least be 250 instead of 220. I bet those shots are from odd sized paint and that extra dwell might give it the extra air it needs. If you consider that the gun is actually shooting very consistent. I think Sleek is about as good as you're going to get besides Lurker Lube.

I think you should shoot the gun as it is now for a couple cases. Let the new poppet oring break in. After that put the Boss Bolt and orings on there and give it a try using his instructions. You replaced the parts that were causing problems so it would be easy to get it shooting again like it is now.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 AM #79
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

I have lurker lube. Sleek really doesn't seem that sleek (haha) or slippery. I just picked up the gun and had a huge barrel leak. Changed battery didn't fix. Cleaned solenoid and changed poppet oring and relubed and it stopped. Then I had damn bolt stick!!!!!

My problems never end. I put it down. Showered. Picked it up put boss in to recommended settings and no stick. Put back in stock with stock pressure and same settings (7.5 dwell). No stick. This thing changes it's mind more than my gf.

I had new orings on the bolt guide and they seem worn in after today so I will take them off and clean underneath.

I have lurker lube. Should I give that a shot?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:42 AM #80
BNelly13

Minimag, what do you suggest I try? Like I said I have all infamous orings and made sure my check valve is in place. I was using the lurker bolt but had to have my regulator gauge up at 200 just to chrono in at 250 and neither uping the reg or velocity adjuster could get it to go higher. Just about every ball I shoot broke before it left the barrel. If I was running at such a low pressure I don't think the balls should have been breaking. My buddy was shooting the same exact paint without problems so I can't blame it on the paint. Like I said at the end of the day I had bad enough blowback to pop open my virtue spire lid. I'm open to any suggestions you have.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:43 AM #81
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:

The stock bolt and spring prefer 8ms dwell. Up the dwell to 8ms and the random low shots might go away or at least be 250 instead of 220. I bet those shots are from odd sized paint and that extra dwell might give it the extra air it needs. If you consider that the gun is actually shooting very consistent. I think Sleek is about as good as you're going to get besides Lurker Lube.

I think you should shoot the gun as it is now for a couple cases. Let the new poppet oring break in. After that put the Boss Bolt and orings on there and give it a try using his instructions. You replaced the parts that were causing problems so it would be easy to get it shooting again like it is now.
I like ur advice on the boss bolt and will try that thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 AM #82
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Minimag, what do you suggest I try? Like I said I have all infamous orings and made sure my check valve is in place. I was using the lurker bolt but had to have my regulator gauge up at 200 just to chrono in at 250 and neither uping the reg or velocity adjuster could get it to go higher. Just about every ball I shoot broke before it left the barrel. If I was running at such a low pressure I don't think the balls should have been breaking. My buddy was shooting the same exact paint without problems so I can't blame it on the paint. Like I said at the end of the day I had bad enough blowback to pop open my virtue spire lid. I'm open to any suggestions you have.
I would put everything back to stock and see if u can get things running. The blowback is usually cause of the bolt guide orings so I would suggest putting the stock orings on. I basically replaced everything I could think of that caused the problem.

If u wanna run through things with me I will help u the best I can. Feel free to message me.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:39 AM #83
BNelly13

Well when I had stock orings on I replaced them with brand new stock orings which didn't fix it. I put the infamous orings on which I thought would help but I am back to the same problem but it is less than the original 6 feet of blowback I had before but I believe that was just because I was missing a check valve and didn't know it.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 AM #84
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

Quote:
Well when I had stock orings on I replaced them with brand new stock orings which didn't fix it. I put the infamous orings on which I thought would help but I am back to the same problem but it is less than the original 6 feet of blowback I had before but I believe that was just because I was missing a check valve and didn't know it.
So what exactly have u done? Cleaned noid, poppet lubed, everything?