Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 PM #1
serv-on

Paintball jersey opinions PLEASE!!!

I play only rec ball and get tired of people trying to call for me during a game and not knowing my name. Would you guys think it's tacky if I get my name and # on the back of a my paintball jersey even tho I don't play any tournament ball? Thanx

Last edited by serv-on : 01-07-2013 at 12:44 PM.
serv-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM #2
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by serv-on View Post
I play only rec ball and get tired of people trying to call for me during a game and not knowing my name. Would you guys think it's tacky if I get my name and # on the back of a my paintball jersey even tho I don't play any tournament ball? Thanx
Its not too bad but I don't think it would be worth it. If guys you dont are trying to call you during a game I dont think they will see the back of your jersey enough to read it. Just tell they your name before the match and if they cant remember it just tell them say your jersey color. Its alot easier to see your jersey color than read your name.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM #3
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYhillbilly View Post

Its not too bad but I don't think it would be worth it. If guys you dont are trying to call you during a game I dont think they will see the back of your jersey enough to read it. Just tell they your name before the match and if they cant remember it just tell them say your jersey color. Its alot easier to see your jersey color than read your name.
Great advice, that's what I'd do.
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:29 PM #4
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
For rec play, its better to just get used to people calling you by your mask type/color or marker. Even if you tell someone your name off the field, everyone looks the same behind a mask and most of the time they won't be able to read any writing on the back of your jersey.

That being said, I'm still going to get my name printed on the back of my jersey. It may not be practical, but it keeps the back of the jersey from looking bland.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 PM #5
sonicx059
The Underdog

sonicx059 is playing at Living Legends VI
sonicx059 is playing at Living Legends VII
sonicx059 supports Team VICIOUS
Yea I generally get called by my mask color seeing as though I am usually the only person with a mask on. Although I play with a shirt that has my name on the front and username on the back. So that way it's easier for my team to remember my name when they are trying to tell me something on the field.
sonicx059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM #6
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
This is where the benefits of dressing unique come into play. Don't need to wear anything wacky, but some lesser-seen patterns or colors, etc, can go a long way in regards to identification.

I don't even wear jerseys for recball. Name brand jerseys don't pop enough since anyone could buy & wear them, and custom team jerseys often sends the wrong message. So i've got 4 exclusive shirts, including a ninja turtle shell tshirt, red hibiscus aloha shirt, royal blue Davis PB tshirt, and a hazard orange long-sleeve i picked up for working a charity event.

I've also got a solid purple headband that has "Fat Boy" spelled across the tails. If that doesn't help, nothing will.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:41 PM #7
907stone
AK Pump

907stone has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
yeah honestly ive been going to the same field for a year now, they still call me profit (im the only one there who wears profits) we just kinda call you by what we can. I honestly think it would be tacky for the name/# thing though but thats my own opinion
Originally posted by Kindadinosaur "Adrenaline. Itís what drives us to return to the field, week after week. The bruises we wear are badges of honor, and proof of our dedication to our chosen craft. One need only examine the smoking remains of our bank balances to see the extent of this addiction. We breath paintball. We live paintball. We are paintball."

PUMP OT
907stone is offline   Reply With Quote