Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-22-2013, 11:01 AM #1
cedric1321

please answer if you can

hey I need a way to save up for a good paintball marker I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to save up and witch gun do you think is the best and why also I need to save over a thousand to get it so any ideas would help
cedric1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2013, 11:06 AM #2
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
You save up money, by saving money...
Don't buy things you don't need, and get a job. Though judging by the post, you are 13-15 and probably can't get a job.
So start mowing lawns and shoveling snow.

There is no "best" marker, all markers have their own great perks that other may not.
You don't have to save over a thousand, if the items you are wanting doesn't cost that much...

http://www.pbnation.com/reviews/
http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=828

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:22 AM #3
Minority1

Minority1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Agreed. Odd and side jobs are a great way to earn some money. Find a need in your neighborhood and offer a solution while charging fairly for it.

A starting used speed ball setup cost around $350+ just have some patience and you'll get there eventually.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:33 AM #4
SlieSTL

SlieSTL has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SlieSTL has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When I was young and didn't have a job I would find anything I had of value that I didn't use anymore and post it here on pbnation. (Get parent approval first of course) ipods, smart phones, laptops or whatever else u might have sitting around collecting dust. I traded my way up quickly. Started with a very low end marker.. played with it a few times then traded up when I had a little cash to add. U don't have to start out with a high end.. u don't want to go out on the field with a $1k marker n screw it up because of lack of experience.

So, like the posts abovee said.. save up cash from mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, washing cars, walking dogs, etc.. add that cash to some trades and work ur way up. Trading is part of the fun for me, gets a bit addicting

Last edited by SlieSTL : 09-22-2013 at 11:44 AM.
SlieSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:34 PM #5
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
There's no secret way to rack up a thousand dollars easily. Get a job and work. If you're too young to work, make a deal with your parents to do chores and save it all.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM #6
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
I'm 15 and I get most of my money from cutting yards and pressure washing houses. I also buy broken or cheap paintball gear to fix and resell sometimes. Just save your money. Don't buy cheap gear to start off with like I did, you'll regret it. You can get used gear to save money. And for just starting out, you don't need a bunch of padding, jersey, etc. A good marker, hopper, tank, mask (with thermal lens), and a pod pack is all you really need to start playing.

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 PM #7
tlmiller

tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Sell your internal organs.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:04 PM #8
lra7691

As stated before, do what you can and don't buy useless things. I don't suggest buying used unless you have a great support system. That being a good field with techs, family willing to help, and reliable used gun. If you don't know what you're doing technically with a guy, you don't want a used complicated gun. That will give you huge headaches. That being said, when I was young a hundred years ago, I always learned tons about what I was saving up for, set my sights on it, saved up and bought it. Please don't go only by what people own or what you think "makes you cool". If you end up with a used paper weight you will be very upset.

If you need a warranty buy new. If you feel competent and confident then definitely buy used but learn EVERYTHING you can about the gun you're going to buy. Also be careful who you buy from. Please feel free to PM me or others that are kind and willing to help. I don't want a bad buying experience to eliminate more players from our sport.
lra7691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 PM #9
cedric1321

see i haven't been buying anything at all and sorry i didn't mean best paintball marker i mean your personal favorite marker
cedric1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 PM #10
who_tedjones

who_tedjones supports DLX Technology
For a young player getting into it I would suggest starting with something low such as an ion. They are easy to maintain and are pretty tough.
who_tedjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:23 PM #11
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlieSTL View Post
When I was young and didn't have a job I would find anything I had of value that I didn't use anymore and post it here on pbnation. (Get parent approval first of course) ipods, smart phones, laptops or whatever else u might have sitting around collecting dust. I traded my way up quickly. Started with a very low end marker.. played with it a few times then traded up when I had a little cash to add. U don't have to start out with a high end.. u don't want to go out on the field with a $1k marker n screw it up because of lack of experience.

So, like the posts abovee said.. save up cash from mowing lawns, shoveling driveways, washing cars, walking dogs, etc.. add that cash to some trades and work ur way up. Trading is part of the fun for me, gets a bit addicting
Agreed here

Axe or Mini will serve well. Stay away from anything you can buy at Walmart or Sporting goods store except the Mini (saw one there a week ago). Go to a local PB store and ask for advice then compare here on PBnation.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote