Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 AM #22
Mustang7302
has been here too long
 
Mustang7302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Mustang7302 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've been enjoying Sim City a lot. It has been bumpy and rife with errors, but when you can play it is fun. The game shines in coop mode, though doesn't require it. While each city is small-ish, it is about the zone and sharing resources and multiple cities working together. This is game is more of a macro approach to the economy, versus micro with Sim City 4, while still having a lot of problem solving and city design involved.

Once the launch issues smooth over, it will allow more time to discover all of the complexities they've built into the game.
__________________
Cars, Technology, and Stogies ... All the fine things in life.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 AM #23
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training
 
Join Date: May 2011
Didnt know we were arguing about "direction of the franchise" for a game that hasn't had a release in what? 10 years?

Game is a throw away like any other play the **** out of it for a few months and drop it

Won't get my panties in a bunch over problems other people have with it, mines working fine as did my diablo 3 yada yada yada
Alex Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM #24
HOSLAY3R
Prince of Biomass
 
HOSLAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burrows View Post
Also it's always these people with these complete **** rigs/connections who are always the ones with problems lol, people ranted on about BF3 issues, Skyrim issues, now simcity issues..buy a computer over $500 and maybe you'll get passed your slowdowns which you blame on server side problems.
What a load of ****. I have a top of the line PC and 30 Mb internet connection. I run every game I own on max settings and never came across a game my rig couldn't handle.

EA even came out and admitted to "their" servers are bogged down because of the high volumes of people trying to get on.

Once I was able to log on, I have to say... The game is great, and well put together. I'm not to concerned with the map size and think it's a cool concept what they are trying achieve with regions and stuff. Looking forward to playing some more when I get off work.
__________________
I like pretty ho's with bright lipstick
HOSLAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM #25
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training
 
Join Date: May 2011
Everyone always has a top of the line PC when ya throw that out as a reason for problems
Alex Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:28 PM #26
HOSLAY3R
Prince of Biomass
 
HOSLAY3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
If you think that my PC has anything to do with why I couldn't create or join any cities, than you sir are just retarded and no point in arguing with.
__________________
I like pretty ho's with bright lipstick
HOSLAY3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM #27
DayoftheGreek
I hate you
 
DayoftheGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Burlington, NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
I feel like "spend more money you poor person" or "It didn't happen to me, and I have money, so it can only happen to you if you are poor" is Alex's go-to argument style. No dodgy required in your post.
__________________
FEEDBACK: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=665897

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM #28
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
well Tregh you'll be glad to know I bought the game yesterday and my experience was as follows....

1) Instantly able to download off Origin after purchase.
2) Instantly updated the game and connected to US West Coast 1 (although all other servers were available as well except USA East 2).
3) Created 1st town and played for 6 hours.
4) Called in godzilla to kill my town (6 other options available).
5) Unlocked the ability to build arcology.
6) Had lots of fun with friends.


I couldn't build a subway, but its ok because I built a bus terminal, airport, dock, and train terminal instead.

No glitches or anything truly stands out to me, except for the lag bug which is simply fixed by alt tabbing out real quick.

Overall: 8.75/10
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:50 PM #29
Cmizzle
Full Time Tape Head
 
Cmizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
cool story bro
Cmizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:29 PM #30
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
well Tregh you'll be glad to know I bought the game yesterday and my experience was as follows....

1) Instantly able to download off Origin after purchase.
2) Instantly updated the game and connected to US West Coast 1 (although all other servers were available as well except USA East 2).
3) Created 1st town and played for 6 hours.
4) Called in godzilla to kill my town (6 other options available).
5) Unlocked the ability to build arcology.
6) Had lots of fun with friends.


I couldn't build a subway, but its ok because I built a bus terminal, airport, dock, and train terminal instead.

No glitches or anything truly stands out to me, except for the lag bug which is simply fixed by alt tabbing out real quick.

Overall: 8.75/10

.

Lulz at spending time complaining about problems you've "heard" people having..
Alex Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM #31
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
well Tregh you'll be glad to know I bought the game yesterday and my experience was as follows....

1) Instantly able to download off Origin after purchase.
2) Instantly updated the game and connected to US West Coast 1 (although all other servers were available as well except USA East 2).
3) Created 1st town and played for 6 hours.
4) Called in godzilla to kill my town (6 other options available).
5) Unlocked the ability to build arcology.
6) Had lots of fun with friends.


I couldn't build a subway, but its ok because I built a bus terminal, airport, dock, and train terminal instead.

No glitches or anything truly stands out to me, except for the lag bug which is simply fixed by alt tabbing out real quick.

Overall: 8.75/10
So... you were able to play the game.

Congrats?

I'll admit to being wrong about the arcology thing. Every other point I've made still stands. What do you mean by "I built a bus terminal, airport, dock, and train terminal instead" ? You could already do those things in Sim City 2000. The only difference is that you could ALSO build subways.

But hey, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Anyone is free the like whatever they want. I have no quarrel with that. You liking the game does not refute my distaste for the game though.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:56 PM #32
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child
 
ProtoBaller1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
i have sim city for my iphone and its fun, i dont think id get it and actually play it on my computer.
__________________
OG-Seven Deadly Sins
I do tv show things
320gb External Hard Drive F/S
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:29 PM #33
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
So... you were able to play the game.

Congrats?

I'll admit to being wrong about the arcology thing. Every other point I've made still stands. What do you mean by "I built a bus terminal, airport, dock, and train terminal instead" ? You could already do those things in Sim City 2000. The only difference is that you could ALSO build subways.

But hey, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Anyone is free the like whatever they want. I have no quarrel with that. You liking the game does not refute my distaste for the game though.

I've refuted every point about the game you've obviously never played except saving, which isn't a big deal because unless you're losing money on a massive scale u can easily rebuild or whatever you want after you call in a disaster to destroy it all.

Also, I just googled it and subways will be placed in to the game at a later time. It is just something that was not included on release.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 PM #34
Mustang7302
has been here too long
 
Mustang7302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Houston, TX
Mustang7302 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Mustang7302 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
I couldn't build a subway, but its ok because I built a bus terminal, airport, dock, and train terminal instead.
There is a trolley network you can upgrade to.
__________________
Cars, Technology, and Stogies ... All the fine things in life.

"Originally posted by Volucris: Computers are tools. Man is separated by how well he chooses his tool."

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: We went from Allan Sheppard, Gus Grissom, Neil Armstrong, and Buzz Aldrin to Charlie Sheen, Lindsay Lohan, and Snooki."
Mustang7302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM #35
DayoftheGreek
I hate you
 
DayoftheGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Burlington, NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
I've refuted every point about the game you've obviously never played except saving, which isn't a big deal because unless you're losing money on a massive scale u can easily rebuild or whatever you want after you call in a disaster to destroy it all.

Also, I just googled it and subways will be placed in to the game at a later time. It is just something that was not included on release.
You didn't exactly refute the issue with always on DRM (except say, "think about it like an MMO", which is an issue in its own right. Or the tiny size. And subways being added "later" isn't exactly a refuted point either. And he was right on save/load as you mentioned.
__________________
FEEDBACK: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=665897

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM #36
Alex Burrows
The 1% In Training
 
Join Date: May 2011
Without the DRM I would have just pirated the game played offline and trashed it within a month

Obviously maxxus got what they wanted in terms of that, this is the future of anti-pirating get used to it.

And I'm sure there will be some offline crack very quickly anyways so just the fact that it came like this out of the box is what has people butthurt is not the manufacturers concern clearly.
Alex Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 PM #37
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
I've refuted every point about the game you've obviously never played except saving, which isn't a big deal because unless you're losing money on a massive scale u can easily rebuild or whatever you want after you call in a disaster to destroy it all.

Also, I just googled it and subways will be placed in to the game at a later time. It is just something that was not included on release.
You have refuted one thing... arcology. Everything else I have said still stands to be true. Tiny city size, no subways (adding subways later just makes you pay to unlock them. Consumer whoring is what it's called, really), no save/load for playing with natural disasters, DRM is still a useless little annoyance for a game focused mostly on single player...

You haven't refuted much of anything. Most of what you've done has been twisting things around to make things appear like you're okay with them. This doesn't change my core argument.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:07 PM #38
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
You have refuted one thing... arcology. Everything else I have said still stands to be true. Tiny city size, no subways (adding subways later just makes you pay to unlock them. Consumer whoring is what it's called, really), no save/load for playing with natural disasters, DRM is still a useless little annoyance for a game focused mostly on single player...

You haven't refuted much of anything. Most of what you've done has been twisting things around to make things appear like you're okay with them. This doesn't change my core argument.
Ya sorry, not refuting. It is more like explaining why you shouldn't get your little girl panties in a wad about the issues.


They have not said subways would be a dlc, so you are simply speculating based on bf3 and cod fps business models. If advanced subway systems or something were a dlc for cheap i'd probably buy it anyways.

saving obviously wont be put in game as the drm aspect kind of denies that, unless they eventually include an offline mode. (which is possible in the future)

theyve said smaller map sizes were created because they want to promote more strategical play. you must use entire regions to your advantage instead of just sectioning off 1/4 of a extra large map for each industry.

i think they are using drm mostly to encourage playing with others, or at least helping others out while benefiting your own cities. (volunteering services to other cities increases your city profits/hour)

also with drm you are able to see global and region rankings with population, income, death, etc, etc.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:33 PM #39
Psybuster
Moderator
 
Psybuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Roseville, CA
Annual Supporting Member
Psybuster is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
been playing this nonstop with like 6 other buddies since release. i love it.

pro tip: don't have a nuclear meltdown, it's expensive and takes forever to clean up lol
__________________
SacPaintball
PBN Feedback - Increase your Penis by 3"!
Mod Squad - Making PBN user's life miserable since 2005

---
My Gaming Videos: Fyrieus Youtube
Psybuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM #40
DayoftheGreek
I hate you
 
DayoftheGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Burlington, NJ
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
If advanced subway systems or something were a dlc for cheap i'd probably buy it anyways.
This is why game companies can get away with this ****. You should feel bad about this.
__________________
FEEDBACK: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=665897

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 PM #41
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybuster View Post
been playing this nonstop with like 6 other buddies since release. i love it.

pro tip: don't have a nuclear meltdown, it's expensive and takes forever to clean up lol

AHAH!!! my city had a meltdown and i can agree with said statement....

eventually your city will be completely destroyed because the radiation expands to cover most of your city. also, your ground will be polluted.

pro tip: if u might have a meltdown, dont have your water facilities anywhere near your meltdown site. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
This is why game companies can get away with this ****. You should feel bad about this.

adapt or die bud. i agree like everyone else that its wrong to make us pay so much for a game and then more down the road for a few addon contents. however, this is the new model and simply saying "I OBJECT!!" and not paying will get you nowhere. besides, i can afford a dlc every couple months for $2.99-$10.
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:53 PM #42
jamest91
 
 
jamest91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SoCal
jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
who here has Simcity anyways?? i need some reliable region partners lol

username is jamest91 ingame if u wanna add
__________________
STAY GOLD
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump