PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 PM #1
Iamamartianchurch

OT: P needs a new mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
This thread and Tuff's horse**** thread are a testament to the moderation of this subforum.

Corporation has been MIA for a long time. Insults run on for pages. We need better application of the rules than when corp held the reigns. I'm thinking specifically of his stifling of good conversation even though the OP violated the OP ED rule.

Anyone up for the job?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM #2
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
But everyone is far too biased in their political agenda. It wouldn't be fair, I tell ya!

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:29 PM #3
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

This forum is dying.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM #4
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
This forum is dying.
Even so. There are still enough decent posters to warrant a try.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:34 PM #5
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
This forum is dying.
It's only dying because the libtards ruin every thread with their trolling cries. Clear them out and this forum would be much more free and open.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 PM #6
Swerve22

Just get a liberal guy, a conservative guy, and a Ron Paul guy. Posters who have been around for a while and consistently kept withing the rules.

2 out of three needed to close a thread, threads with good conversation but bad OP stay open but OP gets infraction, no closing threads just by saying "this threads had enough" just so the same subject can be restarted in a new thread a few days later, etc. etc.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:45 PM #7
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Just get a liberal guy, a conservative guy, and a Ron Paul guy. Posters who have been around for a while and consistently kept withing the rules.

2 out of three needed to close a thread, threads with good conversation but bad OP stay open but OP gets infraction, no closing threads just by saying "this threads had enough" just so the same subject can be restarted in a new thread a few days later, etc. etc.
That would require rewriting the PBN system for moderation. I don't think that will happen, though the idea isn't too shabby.

Mr. Hawkwind, why don't you step up and moderate?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 PM #8
Iamamartianchurch

The idea isn't bad swerve, but it would lead to a debate between the three each time. I think it would be better if it was left decisively to one person and if it doesn't work out, he can be deposed.

Treghc, perhaps. I don't know. I'd rather see us nominate someone.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 PM #9
F1VENOM

I agree, but in order to vote you have to have a join date of 2002 or older.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 03-05-2013, 01:04 PM #10
Iamamartianchurch

Voter suppression!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM #11
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Voter suppression!
We're just trying to ensure the equality and purity of the voting base. You wouldn't want one of those immigrants to vote undeservingly, would you? PBC is a dirty, rotten place with nothing but moochers.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 PM #12
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
We're just trying to ensure the equality and purity of the voting base. You wouldn't want one of those immigrants to vote undeservingly, would you? PBC is a dirty, rotten place with nothing but moochers.
As much as I would love to indulge, I think we should stay somewhere on topic. Just this once.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 PM #13
F1VENOM

Quote:
As much as I would love to indulge, I think we should stay somewhere on topic. Just this once.
It was snarky, but it was on topic. How do you choose who votes?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:26 PM #14
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
It was snarky, but it was on topic. How do you choose who votes?
Honestly I was going to leave it open. The regulars have reputations so we all sort of know who's who and who's voice is worth listening to.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM #15
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
I have to believe PBN has a system in place for this kind of thing.

Edit: if we have a vote, I nominate Iamamartianchurch for the ballot.

Edit2: I don't want the job, I'm weening myself off of posting here.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:30 PM #16
F1VENOM

Quote:
Honestly I was going to leave it open. The regulars have reputations so we all sort of know who's who and who's voice is worth listening to.
If it's open to all of PBN, doesn't it just become a popularity contest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
I have to believe PBN has a system in place for this kind of thing.

Edit: if we have a vote, I nominate Iamamartianchurch for the ballot.

Edit2: I don't want the job, I'm weening myself off of posting here.
I concur.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 PM #17
Iamamartianchurch

Honestly how many randoms come in here?

I tried leaving, but honestly, my workload has been consistantly slow that I need something to occupy a great chunk of the day. Plus this is the only forum I've posted on and one of the few I've ever visited. Outside of forums I found on Google when looking to solve a problem in the real world.

I checked the becoming a mod FAQ. It basically says other mods just choose someone. I didn't find any details about the process they use internally.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:40 PM #18
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
It is a network. They're good old boys.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM #19
Swerve22

Corp will now be along shortly to close this thread.

www.gunfacts.info
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM #20
Iamamartianchurch

He can still be a mod. We just need another one. I don't care who they choose. I'll do it myself if need be. I guess I've done something right around here to get a few nods.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM #21
Swerve22

Honestly I don't have a problem with Corp although he doesn't seem to be around much lately. He's a bit heavy handed and overly by the book sometimes in the threads he decides to close, but that's generally the norm with mods not the exception.

www.gunfacts.info