Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM #1
kyotkyotkyot

Barrel Question

Thinking about buying an Ultralite barrel like the one that comes stock with DMs. Is it good? I read the control bore was 7 inches, is that about right? I ask here instead of barrel forum because you folks have more experience I'd imagine
kyotkyotkyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM #2
DarkRipper
Elite

Annual Supporting Member
DarkRipper is a founding member
DarkRipper is BST Legit
DarkRipper donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkRipper owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DarkRipper is Boss
The ultralight is a fantastic barrel. The sheer amount of bores plus tip lengths make it a great system.

If I recall correctly it's the carbon fiber back that's 7 inches, not the aluminum back.

You can get a 684, 688, and 692 back and be ready for 99% of paint out there, just slap your favorite color tip/length on it and rock out.

old school PBC admin... keeping it real

Please read and rate my reviews! =) ---> Here!

Buy my sweet red Eflex before the kittens kill again :(
DarkRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 AM #3
kyotkyotkyot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisatdye View Post
Getting specific. Dye UL barrels have a 7” control bore (almost standard for all 2-pc. Barrels) Dye CF barrels have an 8” control bore. In doing testing this allows the ball to reach terminal velocity before air starts venting. Depending on the gun and set up this will allow you to run (on some guns) lower dwell and lower pressures. This does a couple things. One, makes you gun quieter. Two using less air making your gun more efficient. In addition a little easier on paint. Also, being that the CF barrel has a stainless steel sleeve, Stainless has a much lower drag coefficient than traditional Carbon Fiber or aluminum barrels. If a ball break ever occurs the barrel will clean faster and easier than a traditional carbon fiber or aluminum barrel. Not all carbon fiber barrels are created equal. Most have much shorter control bores than the Dye CF barrel and their stainless sleeve are not polished to the surface quality of the Dye CF barrel. At the end of the day get out and compare these barrels in side by side testing. This will allow you to see the difference and justify the amount of money you spend on a barrel at any price point.
Just found this digging through old threads, w00t.
kyotkyotkyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:51 PM #4
dirtraven

has been a member for 10 years
dirtraven is playing at Living Legends VII
dirtraven owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dirtraven supports Team VICIOUS
def one of the best 'stock' barrels

Good Ole Autococker

Red Camo/Blackened GTi
dirtraven is offline   Reply With Quote