Pump Scout - Ben Kohnen
digitard - digitard
iPaintYou = ThatCreamyKid
toolbandfan - TwinkieDestroyer
CuLane - Aym
Rob @ Ninja PB - Pharcyide

PBNation Streamers

big_scott's Stream

Last edited by big_scott : 06-13-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2013, 06:48 AM #2
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D3 division
Mmm, new mech smell.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM #3
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

So fresh so clean...
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 AM #4
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

clan uprising is supposed to start in a few weeks, too bad pirahanna is behind on development
Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM #5
iPaintYou
..needs a better username

Didn't even realize the old one was at 2000.
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:44 AM #6
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
I still have to find some time to play again. Between work, home, commute, Civil Air Patrol, Trivia contest coming up, and being sick as hell, I'm beat.

So far, and I'm way early into learning this all, I've run the default Mechs, and picked up a Hunchback. Thinking I might pick up the PPC Catapult next, drop the MG's, and play around with the energy weapons setup a touch.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 PM #7
gamesondemand

New patch notes are interesting, new hero mech is useless, want to see what changes they made concerning artemis, and last, but not least, they said they fixed the visual glitch for targetting. Finally.

Also, huge ruckus about them adding consumable items. AKA turning the game into pay 2 win. No thanks PGI, keep that **** out of our game. I really like the balance it has right now, with the only things you can buy in game with money you can buy with in game currency. No one is at a distinct advantage because they spend real money on this.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:52 PM #8
Pump Scout
A dream within a dream

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
That's how it should be. Those who want to be better and have better stuff should play their way into it, not buy their way into it. Purchased stuff is fine for skins/paint, or little kitsch accessories, or the little crap that's amusing but not game functional.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM #9
gamesondemand

Indeed. Post up on the feedback thread in their forums, it's already 30 pages long and this stuff was only announced 24 hours ago lol
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM #10
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Feedback means nothing until the features have been implemented. I don't like the consumables thing, but we wont know how game breaking or not it is until it's in. Until then, why would the devs listen to us when we know next to nothing about it?
Old 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM #11
gamesondemand

Because of theorycraft. Think about what the changes will do as they describe them. We'll use the coolant module as an example. C-bills will buy you either tier 1, tier 2 or both, for a module slot each. MC's will get you tier 3 for 1 module slot. Tier 1 is 15%, tier 2 is 20%, tier 3 is 35%. You can cool off for a max of 35% heat TOTAL. This means that if you were to play with c-bills only, you could have the same total amount of cooling, BUT at the cost of one less module slot to play with. See the problem yet?

Edit: Besides, they asked for it. From what I've skimmed a lot of people are against it, if not totally, then with significant changes.

Last edited by gamesondemand : 03-05-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 PM #12
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

i was under the impression they werent going to do things like that. i want to say they even stated it too. its seriously not cool. takes casual/fun play completely out of the game once money for better items gets involved. i like how the hero mechs and cockpit items are, they get a bonus but arent "better" than anything else, or just for decoration.

or maybe im thinking of ccp and dust514.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:33 PM #13
General Muffinmann
^ ^

coolant flush should just be a standard feature for all mechs like mw4

weapons seem to make new sounds

why the **** would you make a cicada hero mech. there should be raven or hunchback heros
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 PM #14
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesondemand View Post
Because of theorycraft. Think about what the changes will do as they describe them. We'll use the coolant module as an example. C-bills will buy you either tier 1, tier 2 or both, for a module slot each. MC's will get you tier 3 for 1 module slot. Tier 1 is 15%, tier 2 is 20%, tier 3 is 35%. You can cool off for a max of 35% heat TOTAL. This means that if you were to play with c-bills only, you could have the same total amount of cooling, BUT at the cost of one less module slot to play with. See the problem yet?

Edit: Besides, they asked for it. From what I've skimmed a lot of people are against it, if not totally, then with significant changes.
No I see the problem, but the devs had to know the **** storm it would cause. The problem is that everyone hates everything new in this game, so they aren't gonna listen to *****ing until they get some actual real world data. For the record, I'm against the MC bought consumables (unless they are exactly the same as cbill consumables) and I'm against any kind of coolant flush in general. They had been talking about UAV and Arty consumables for awhile (and I believe it's going to be a pilot module you have to unlock before you can even use them) but they said awhile ago that they weren't going to implement coolant flush. At least the other consumables help the team in some way. Flush is just for baddies who can't manage heat.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 PM #15
General Muffinmann
^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
Flush is just for baddies who can't manage heat.
i liked the whooshing sound though in mw4
Old 03-05-2013, 04:43 PM #16
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
If they want to put in a button that just makes a whooshing sound and nothing else, I'd be all for it.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM #17
gamesondemand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
i was under the impression they werent going to do things like that. i want to say they even stated it too. its seriously not cool. takes casual/fun play completely out of the game once money for better items gets involved. i like how the hero mechs and cockpit items are, they get a bonus but arent "better" than anything else, or just for decoration.

or maybe im thinking of ccp and dust514.
No, you are absolutely correct, they said they wouldn't do it. Guess their pockets were feeling light after the $5 mil we dropped on them for founders. Doesn't even take into account any new money they gained after they closed off founders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Muffinmann View Post
coolant flush should just be a standard feature for all mechs like mw4

weapons seem to make new sounds

why the **** would you make a cicada hero mech. there should be raven or hunchback heros
Only new sound I've noticed is the regular laser recharge sound. It's quite annoying, liked the old sound better.

Because cicada's aren't that commonly used. Raven hero? lololol 3L is the hero mech, the other variants are pretty terribad enough, don't need a bad hero mech. Hunchie could use a hero, but it already has a lot of variants. I would rather see a hero stalker or atlas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
No I see the problem, but the devs had to know the **** storm it would cause. The problem is that everyone hates everything new in this game, so they aren't gonna listen to *****ing until they get some actual real world data. For the record, I'm against the MC bought consumables (unless they are exactly the same as cbill consumables) and I'm against any kind of coolant flush in general. They had been talking about UAV and Arty consumables for awhile (and I believe it's going to be a pilot module you have to unlock before you can even use them) but they said awhile ago that they weren't going to implement coolant flush. At least the other consumables help the team in some way. Flush is just for baddies who can't manage heat.
These are all module slot consumables, so you have to be able to unlock them first. I think someone got greedy and overruled the devs on this decision. There is nothing good that can come of this change. It's a small step in the wrong direction, and soon they'll be saying hey, why not have gold ammo, since people already pay for consumables? Create enough of an outcry on the forums and the devs will have no choice, but to reverse their current direction. It would be a shame for them to mess up what is shaping up to be a pretty good f2p.

Edit: Training grounds needs some tweaks, namely you should have unlimited ammo, or at least when you run out it should replenish so you can continue testing. Targets should be more plentiful IMO, my first run through I found only 5 before I got tired of walking around in an assault looking for **** to shoot.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM #18
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

training ground is cool at least, you can take the time to shoot something to see where hitboxes are....and how much you can push an overheat lol.....with 4x LL's...1 1/2 times, that other half isnt a fun time.

it'd be really fun if you could invite people in it....and just **** around and stuff.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM #19
gamesondemand

lmao yea, it's good for that. Plus you get to walk up to mechs and check out how detailed they are. The 'phract hs box is tiny, was trying to hit it from 150m out and ended up just destroying it by killing the ct with my lasers

Edit:

Last edited by gamesondemand : 03-05-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:45 PM #20
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

seems like any hits on the "windows" of the cicada or awesome register as a cockpit hit.....might be easy to take out a sniper awesome if you catch him not moving.

whoa, did not know the 4x had center mounted lasers.....i sold my 1x thinking i wouldnt want to get all the elite skills for phracts...now i do...i only need like another 1500xp to finish out the 1x...but kinda want a 4x now..for dakka dakka zombie laser boat.

i do not like the new laser reload sounds....large's are beareable..but corny. ive heard the mediums are ****....am about to try them. :S

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 03-05-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM #21
iPaintYou
..needs a better username

I'm getting on now and will probably be on for awhile.
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
Closed Thread